The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Aviation and Aeronautical Technology

Anti-Gravity

Here, you will find discussions on Top Secret military aviation, historical aircraft, and everything in between!

Postby UfOwner » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:12 pm

I have been thinking about this for quite sometime now, and am kinda surprised no one that I have heard has mentioned it before. Maybe its a bad idea, but I will throw it out there, let ya'll bounce the idea around.
I would make a suggestion that the anti-gravity theory works similar to the way magnets work. Magnets repel or are attracted to iron right, well everything on Earth is carbon based right? Well what if there were a way to make a system or something that would do the same with carbon. Then I think that if it were like an electro-magnet, there would be a way to regulate it. Anyone out there have ideas?
UfOwner

Postby Eldensword » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 am

Sure, all we have to do is capture, analyze and harness Dark Energy. Simple! My hunch is that it is the key to anti-gravity. I am pretty sure that Dark Energy in one form or another would provide the magnetic polar opposite of carbon based matter. This would be the element that is beyond our reach and therefore not readily available...At least to us cattle out here in the public feeding fields. For the record, I'd bet dollars to donuts they're wrong about Dark Matter annihilating when in contact with regular matter. What am I basing this on? If Anti-Matter and matter exploded when they came in contact with one another it would undoubtedly create visible wavelengths of light within the activity. The activity would be constant and on a universal scale since Dark Matter supposedly occupies 70+% of the known universe. We predict Dark Matter by the way its hypothetical gravity influences the gravity of all of the visible matter. Knowing that gravity is a VERY weak force respectively, these two come in contact with each other on a HUGE and regular basis...Yet our skies are not filled with overwhelming light from matter and anti-matter explosions...Sorry CERN, I'm convinced. Matter and Anti-Matter share a peaceful co-existence. Getting those two together in a controled environment again, would give us the ingredients to harness and control carbon based gravity.
Eldensword

Postby CodeBlack » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:02 pm

I don't think Dark Matter is Antimatter. Antimatter is a flavor of Light Matter and it most certainly does annihilate when it meets matter, and releases a lot of energy. Dark Matter is a mysterious substance but I would look at it more as negative matter and regular matter as positive matter. You could have Dark Matter and Dark Antimatter as well. But since Light Matter and Dark Matter repel each other you're gonna have a hard time getting ahold of some. And unless you can convert LM into DM and back, DM isn't going to help you unless you plan on flying away and never coming back.

No, what is needed for "anti-gravity" is to understand gravity itself a lot better than we do. I have my own theories on that, posted in other threads. And my theory would work for any substance made of matter.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby MonarchSmile » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:41 am

For now, dark matter is inferred, because our universe, through observation, is made up
of only about 4% of seeable matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter

and anti-gravity?

There are lots of ways that we overcome Earth's gravity, now, the further one moves away
from our Earth's center.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-gravity
MonarchSmile

Postby vulcan6gun » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Speculation on my part, since I ain't no physicist: Maybe someday they'll find where they went wrong when formulating quantum mechanics and particle theories. My guess is the guy that does it will smack himself in the forehead:
Homer Simpson wrote:D'oh!

Until someone brave enough to throw out the whole mess and start over from scratch happens along, we'll just have to wait. :cry:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Tairaa » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 am

If you're theorizing that anti-gravity can work in the same way that polar magnetism works then you will have to find negative matter.

We call it dark matter, it hasn't been detected, and as such can't be proven to exist. But that would be your closest option.

However... Why not use magnetism for propulsion? Because it doesn't work. ;)
I mean, we can use magnetism to guide magnetic particles to generate more precise thrust, but using two giant magnets to propel oneself can't work, because in order to hold on to the thrust the magnets have to be connected, and two magnets that are physically connected can act on each other all they want, they won't generate thrust without breaking their connection.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby vulcan6gun » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:14 am

You haven't discovered magnetic monopoles yet? Wow. Next, you'll tell me you lack directional oscillators. :shock:

Okay, so it's sci-fi stuff. But not entirely unfounded, as it is possible to move in zero gravity by 'swimming'. This infers that it's possible to generate more force in one direction via 'oscillating' motion than in the opposing direction, contrary to Newtonian physics. 8-)

Just remember the secret to flight is to throw yourself at the ground and miss. :P :lol:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby DezertSkies » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Have you ever heard of gyroscopic inertial thrust propulsion units?

The theory behind it is that a set of balls travel inside a circular "track" just like the balls in a ball bearing work, but unlike a ball bearing, the width of the track varies so that the contact area moves and the balls spin faster but travel through the arc slower than the balls on the opposite side. This means that the mass of the balls has more velocity in one direction than on the "slow" side of the arc. As a result, the faster balls decelerate as the track widens and some amount of that deceleration consistently "pushes harder" on the section of track on the fast side, creating thrust from a differential of inertia between the two halves of the circle, bisected perpendicular to the apexes and apogee/perigee of track width.

An important thing to note is that the energy of the balls is translated from kinetic velocity to kinetic rotation, what isn't "lost" to friction, especially on the "fast" side where the balls push on the track harder, and the transfer of energy that propels, goes into spinning up the balls and slowing down their speed along the track. After the apex the ball's spin is used to accelerate the ball, and transferring spin back into velocity. Basically it's a system that uses the translation to and from angular velocity to cause a centrifugal imbalance that affects one portion of the arc to a greater degree, thereby creating inertial thrust.

Years ago i saw a video of some homebuilt units made from cut up cooking pots and billiard balls propelling themselves slowly "forward" while floating on water.

But as for true antigravity, that would mean negating the force of gravity iteslf. But what is gravity anyways? I don't think anyone has actually proved or disproved gravitons and the Higgs-Boson particle that's supposed to "activate" it or something, so true antigravity may be possible when we actually understand what gravity is in the quantum and particle physics sense. Maybe when the Unified Field Theory is put together and validated some garage genius will figure out antigravity, it'll be as simple as following the instructions on youtube on how to combine the plastic bag, aluminum foil, coathanger, and moldy avocado into a DIY localized field gravity disruptor. It'll be use by bored kids to shoot neighbors' cats off into space.
DezertSkies

Postby MonarchSmile » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:47 pm

vulcan6gun wrote:Speculation on my part, since I ain't no physicist: Maybe someday they'll find where they went wrong when formulating quantum mechanics and particle theories. My guess is the guy that does it will smack himself in the forehead:
Homer Simpson wrote:D'oh!

Until someone brave enough to throw out the whole mess and start over from scratch happens along, we'll just have to wait. :cry:

I think your idea works best vulcan6gun.
Keep smakin' your palm against your forehead for progress.
I like the sound anyway.
:D
MonarchSmile

Postby CodeBlack » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Tairaa wrote:If you're theorizing that anti-gravity can work in the same way that polar magnetism works then you will have to find negative matter. However... Why not use magnetism for propulsion? Because it doesn't work. ;)

Magnets or Magnetism is a manifestation of the electro-magnetic force whose force carrier is the photon. But the magnets I envision are not electro-magnetic. They work on different particles of matter. They work on the Higgs field and the carrier is the Higgs Boson. If you can squease space in front of your craft and expand it behind your craft then you can propel yourself along.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Next

Return to Aviation and Aeronautical Technology

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts