The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

The Myth of Terror

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:55 am

Here is a prime example of the dawg and pong show that Terror within the US really is. It's fake, manipulated, and manufactured. Yes this is my opinion and I base it on far too many accounts just like this one.

Ridge Cites Pressure Before 2004 Election

Former Pennsylvania governor Tom Ridge, the first director of the Department of Homeland Security, says that he was pressured by other agency heads to raise the terrorism threat level on the eve of the 2004 presidential election -- a move he rejected as having political undertones.

The disclosure comes in promotional materials for Ridge's new book, due out Sept. 1, in which he writes that Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and Attorney General John D. Ashcroft tried to pressure him to raise the threat level.

These are the kinds of things that a certain group of people who post here blindly defend, I'll never understand that. It must be an act surely you are not this gullible.

After that episode, I knew I had to follow through with my plans to leave the federal government for the private sector," Ridge writes in the book, "The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege . . . and How We Can Be Safe Again," according to publisher Thomas Dunne Books.
ad_icon

He submitted his resignation within the month.

Obviously the other side cries foul, what would you expect. Who's lying Ridge of those from within the Bush administration watching each others backs?

And Ridge will also reveal that he was never invited to a White House National Security Council meeting -- Condoleezza Rice was NSC director during Bush's first term -- that he was routinely "blindsided" by an information-withholding FBI during Oval Office briefings, and that his efforts to establish regional Homeland Security offices in New Orleans and six other major cities in the years before Hurricane Katrina were thwarted by bureaucracy.

Threat-level warnings became a subject of controversy in 2004 after one rise was declared just days after the Democratic National Convention that summer. The move was seen by some at the time as redirecting public attention toward an issue where Bush was stronger (terrorism) and away from questions about the war in Iraq being raised by Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.), his reelection challenger

Oh surely not now boys! :roll: :roll:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03993.html

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby BloodStone » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:02 am

And the dems didn't crash the economy before the 08 election... :roll:

see a pattern here?

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:57 am

A pattern of someone else selling a "tell all" book? Where was he the day after he resigned?
greeney2

Postby vulcan6gun » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:21 pm

I for one DID detect a pattern with all the goings-on over the last 30+ years. It's a simple one, totally believable.

It starts with nobody wanting to be blamed for things that go wrong, everyone wanting to make a name for him/herself, and a level of inter-agency or inter-departmental competition that's gotten way out of hand. Toss in a few dashes of overconfidence ('that can't happen here'), dust lightly with paranoia ('will they blame us/me?'), top with a generous helping of secrecy (WAY too much stuff gets classified), and serve with warm complacency (the response/aftermath with Hurricane Katrina).

There are no true leaders within our Government or our corporations. :(
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:28 am

vulcan6gun wrote:I for one DID detect a pattern with all the goings-on over the last 30+ years. It's a simple one, totally believable.

It starts with nobody wanting to be blamed for things that go wrong, everyone wanting to make a name for him/herself, and a level of inter-agency or inter-departmental competition that's gotten way out of hand. Toss in a few dashes of overconfidence ('that can't happen here'), dust lightly with paranoia ('will they blame us/me?'), top with a generous helping of secrecy (WAY too much stuff gets classified), and serve with warm complacency (the response/aftermath with Hurricane Katrina).

There are no true leaders within our Government or our corporations. :(

Just an excellent post:

Just because someone points these things out doesn't mean they don't understand that Ridge is pushing a book, all it means is that this stuff, as 6gun pointed out, DOES HAPPEN. It's true and I couldn't agree more~~way too much classified material these days.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts