The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

N.S.A.’s Intercepts Exceed Limits Set by Congress

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Jaack » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Tairaa wrote:
Jaack wrote:The expectation of privacy is not privacy.

The internet is public, period.

And Lashmar who lives in the police state of England where you're on camera 24/7 calling the USA names is funny.



Jaack... Why in the hell would the internet be public in every instance? That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say. :roll:

This forum? Yes, this forum is public. Private emails, are not public. Seeing as you normally need a password to view them, they are designed specifically to be confidential, the internet isn't always public. What about the military? If the internet is public I want to have access to the all of the military databases that are connected to the internet. What about seperate intranets? Are they public too?

You're a maroon, Jaack.


Thanks for the sentiment but you are, as most always, wrong.

The internet is public, the transmission of data across the internet relies on many unknown and unsecure servers and more. The internet is as public as talking outside.
What?
User avatar
Jaack
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Google Earth

Postby Tairaa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I am, in fact, aware of what the internet is. :)

Much similar to cell networks being a collaboration of networked cellular communication devices, yet, ones cell phone conversations are not public!

Funny you should say that it's akin to walking outside talking, when in fact, it is more like talking in your house, or talking on your phone. What business is it of the governments what you say in your home? Or what you say on your telephone? Or similarly what you say on your computer to others on their personal computers?

Of course it's up for varying interpretations, I care not for the laws that idiotic self-serving politicians have made applicable, but rather I go by moral. The general right versus wrong. It is wrong to place a bug in someones house to tell what they are saying in the sanctity of their homes, it is wrong to spy on peoples emails in the same sense.

But! Don't respond yet, because I know your sentiment well enough to be able to tell that for some reason or another you disagree, and that's fine. I don't have a "You must agree with me" policy, like society has. You however support this policy, taking the side of the collective, and damning any who seek to refuse the way you have chosen to (read: been trained too) live.


Now of course it is the intelligence agencies job to do those illegal things to keep you safe, but why spy on civilians who have no connection to terrorists? If you perform blanket surveillance on your own citizens, what kind of nation of freedom are you?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Nesaie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Jaack wrote:Actually what you're talking about started with Clinton.

I'm not worried about it at all. When you communicate in public you're communicating in public. People everywhere have a right to listen, no matter how unjust you feel it is.


It didn't "start" with Clinton, it started way before that. It happened in the Johnson administration, the Nixon administration, etc. Don't go making this some partisan issue...oh wait, I forgot that is your job.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
User avatar
Nesaie
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Jaack » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Nesaie wrote:
Jaack wrote:Actually what you're talking about started with Clinton.

I'm not worried about it at all. When you communicate in public you're communicating in public. People everywhere have a right to listen, no matter how unjust you feel it is.


It didn't "start" with Clinton, it started way before that. It happened in the Johnson administration, the Nixon administration, etc. Don't go making this some partisan issue...oh wait, I forgot that is your job.



The carnivore and other systems started with Clinton.
What?
User avatar
Jaack
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Google Earth

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 5 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], Wing-Zero and 2 guests