The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Jimmy Carter leaves Baptists, in favor of equality for women

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:56 am

You probably didn't know as a kid what double digit inflation was and why Reagan won. Not to mention the level he had our military.

I agree as people, the are probably the nicest people in the world.
greeney2

Postby cormac » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:07 pm

greeney2 wrote:Kind of interresting, if his beliefs in God and Baptist religion aren't accepted, why would you accept his story about UFO's?

A Christian Fundementist speaks about God, he is labeled a nutjob to any definition on this message board, expecially if he is President of the United States, but if he admits to a UFO, he is credible?

i don't label christian fundamentalists nutjobs because they speak about god ... i label them nutjobs when they say god is telling them verbally, out-loud what to do or they have active conversations with god or that listening to ac/dc is going to make me go on a killing spree or molest children or whatever ... that's when i label them nutjobs

carter never said he heard the voice of god or had active, back-and-forth conversations with him and he didn't try and overturn roe v. wade and was pretty low key about his religion ... say as compared to the speaking-in-tongues nutjob sarah palin ...

i never said what you said i said ... so please don't put words into my mouth ... i would also say don't put them into the mouths of everyone on this board since you said that everyone on this board labels christian findamentals nutjobs ... frankly, i think you're way off-base with those comments ... i see many people on the board who don't knee-jerk label people this and that ... as you have chosen to do ...

and if i want words put into my mouth, i'll wait for my dark lord satan to do that, thank you very much :P
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby qmark » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 am

cormac wrote:i don't label christian fundamentalists nutjobs because they speak about god ... i label them nutjobs when they say god is telling them verbally, out-loud what to do or they have active conversations with god or that listening to ac/dc is going to make me go on a killing spree or molest children or whatever ... that's when i label them nutjobs

carter never said he heard the voice of god or had active, back-and-forth conversations with him and he didn't try and overturn roe v. wade and was pretty low key about his religion ... say as compared to the speaking-in-tongues nutjob sarah palin ...

Hmmmm, I guess I can proudly claim I am a nutjob. :lol: Although, I seriously doubt listening to ac/dc is going to do anything to you except confirm your lousy taste in music.
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:00 am

i never said what you said i said ... so please don't put words into my mouth ... i would also say don't put them into the mouths of everyone on this board since you said that everyone on this board labels christian findamentals nutjobs ... frankly, i think you're way off-base with those comments ... i see many people on the board who don't knee-jerk label people this and that ... as you have chosen to do ...

I never said your name "Cormac", nor did I say the word "everyone"! I talked in general terms and stick by it. The prevailing mood on this board is a anti-christian or anti-catholic stance, from pedifile priests to wars caused by Chistians. Generally the mood of the board is anti-religions altogather. Read any post concerning gay marriage and see what labels the supporters use against religions. We have spend 8 years heaing nothing but references to Bush and religion, and it was used very well to discredit Palin and others who ran. I'm not off base at all, its the general mood of the board, and disrespect for all religion. Read the comments from the Atheists posts and read the religous forum, its far from a nice corner to goto to talk about religion, its just a hostile forum.
greeney2

Postby cormac » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 pm

greeney2 wrote:

I never said your name "Cormac", nor did I say the word "everyone"! I talked in general terms and stick by it. The prevailing mood on this board is a anti-christian or anti-catholic stance, from pedifile priests to wars caused by Chistians. Generally the mood of the board is anti-religions altogather. Read any post concerning gay marriage and see what labels the supporters use against religions. We have spend 8 years heaing nothing but references to Bush and religion, and it was used very well to discredit Palin and others who ran. I'm not off base at all, its the general mood of the board, and disrespect for all religion. Read the comments from the Atheists posts and read the religous forum, its far from a nice corner to goto to talk about religion, its just a hostile forum.

when you say "A Christian Fundementist speaks about God, he is labeled a nutjob to any definition on this message board" that means everyone on the board labels them as a nutjob ... if you didn't mean that, then don't say it ... but that's what you said ... what else should i respond to? what you didn't say? that would be difficult ... so if you're going to say something, do so precisely ... but what you said was everyone on this board defines a fundamentalist as a nutjob ... *shrug* if you meant something else, you should have said something else instead of now saying you didn't say it ...

and it's not a hostile forum imho ... i've seen lots of hostile forums and this is not one ... i think the discussions of religion in particular on this board are very tolerant and give and take fairly ... i certainly have seem much worse throughout the internet ... i don't think people lash out at others on this board for no apparent reason ... i think the discussions are pretty even handed on all sides of most issues .. again, if you don't like it, that's a different story but that also has little to do with fairness and more to do with you wanting your opinion to be the accepted and predominant one ... fairness at bottom is 'agreeing to disagree' if no other common ground can be found ad i think all in all, that is the attitude of most people on this board ... imho of course
cormac

-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:16 pm

I havn't seen too much of "agree to disagree" at all, from the war section or this one. Far from it as a matter of fact.
greeney2

Postby cormac » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:23 am

greeney2 wrote:I havn't seen too much of "agree to disagree" at all, from the war section or this one. Far from it as a matter of fact.

*shrug*
whatever
cormac

-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts