The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Health & Health Hazards

And You Thought Your Microwave Was Dangerous

Stay healthy and stay tuned to the most recent developments in Health watch.

Postby CodeBlack » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:18 am

Only if you open the door. ;)

Your new toaster may cook the bread without even turning it on. That'll save energy. :roll: :lol:
Forget lead toys from China, get some that glow in the dark?

The basic cause of the problem:
http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/43578

More alarming:
http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=4483

The part I can't link to:
"The radioactive waste materials in these states, including Texas, are now piling up and sometimes “getting lost” in the process. Some low-level radioactive materials are being sold to overseas companies, while others are simply being blended with non-radioactive scrap metals during the recycling process. Because of this blending, common consumer-ready items with radioactive metal parts are springing up all over the country, both before and after public distribution.

Currently there seems to be no federal government agencies with oversight regarding radioactive metal disposal. There is also little, if any, national legislation regulating the levels of radioactivity permitted in recycled metal products. Radioactivity screening is not mandatory at any level of the metal recycling process. This lack of government regulation exposes the metal recycling industry to risk from unreported and unchecked radioactivity, as well as potential, future government monitoring. The adjustment from no regulation to strict regulation and monitoring will likely lead to increased costs for the entire industry that may be difficult, if not impossible, to pass on to the end user.

Additionally, scrap yards may face direct liability. For example, if a child gets cancer from a crib made with this recycled radioactive metal, the scrap yard itself could be held liable. This kind of metal tracking is not as farfetched as it may sound. These products are already being found in the stream of commerce, all that is needed now is a causal link between the product and a harmful health condition.
"
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby Nesaie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Time to buy a Geiger counter?

I remember reading an article a while back about Israel shipping radioactive tile to Egypt. Apparently, Egypt has to use geiger counters when receiving shipments from Israel. It makes sense though, where can they bury radioactive waste?

I noticed Washington wasn't on the list of states that don't have storage for nuclear waste. That is pretty obvious...Hanford. I believe it was the Yakima tribe that sold their land to bury the waste. :(

Nuclear was and sometimes still is promoted as "green" energy. It obviously isn't, neither is solar for that matter. With solar too there is waste that is created that kills the environment. Hydro power seems pretty "green" and so does wind. Getting power from the Earth's crust like Iceland does, kinda bothers me but I don't know enough about it. Maybe truly "green" energy could be created with natural magnets?
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Return to Health & Health Hazards

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts