The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Very cool picture!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby shadowfx » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:59 am

SRO, yeah that's the one.
Very cool, very fast and very loud machines!
shadowfx

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:

We even have F-18s in Canada, and I didn't recognize them. :(
Wow.
Going to go cry in a corner and do some curls while reading an identification manual for allied fixed wing aircraft. :oops: :P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 pm

I'll bet Maverick got in big trouble for that fly-by.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:38 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been close enough to hear the clackers :shock: about 250 mph is all local homes and buildings, people can stand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have a FREEDOM FEST every year and they usually contract the Blue Angels or something similar. Funny funny stories to tell about them. They play golf at my club when they come, all of them about 5'-6-7"'s tall. Some of the guys asked them to buzz the course on Sunday prior to their Morning show. Inverted 200-250 feet above the ground at 300 mph :shock: Very cool indeed.

Across the river is many square miles of farm/bottom ground where they can approach Mach 1, you can hear them just start to scream before they back off.

The coolest craft they bring is a Mig. Damn fast agile plane that flies just above tree top level over the neighborhood. You can hear it but seeing it is another thing altogether. :lol: :lol:

Like a gnat that thing is.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:26 am

What sucks is the residents near our Van Nuys airport through the years have complained about the noise of the airshow. We live about a mile away so can hear them as they circle and are coming in making a little show "We're Back". Most people really love it, but there is always a few that don't which spoils it for everyone. Since our show is surrounded by a lot of residential neighborhoods, we could never have the Blue Angels, but we would have some flying shows that were cool, just toned down a little.

Best airshow I went to was the Edwards airforce base 50 year Anniversary of Chuck Yeager breaking the sound barriar. They had the Thunderbirds, a cargo drop out of several big aircraft at the same time, a SR71 flyover. The neatest thing to me was a formation flyover of a B1, B2, B52, C5A, C-130, and 2 other big aircraft I can't recall. 7 altogather, and a combination of aircraft that will probably never be togather again like that. Yeager also broke the sound barriar again for the crowd at exactly the same time.
greeney2

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts