The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

First lady's organic garden concerns chemical firms

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Nesaie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 am

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/fir ... 04-09.html

Monsanto, Dupont and Dow are all CHEMICAL CORPORATIONS. Monsanto is the reason for agent orange. Dupont and Dow helped fund making hemp illegal. (hemp seeds have valuable Omega-3 oils in them). Chemicals and food do NOT go together.

My grandmother told me years ago, if you're going to put something on a plant to kill a bug, then it can't be good for humans either. She didn't know what "organic" was, she only knew farming. That sort of farming, with a compost pile, and picking the bugs off by hand, and a .022 got her through the "great" depression.

This is how fascism works. Watch and learn...

First lady's organic garden concerns chemical firms
By Jim Snyder
Posted: 04/09/09 04:20 PM [ET]
Michelle Obama planted an organic garden to promote fruits and vegetables as part of a healthy diet, but some chemical companies are worried it may plant a seed of doubt in consumers’ minds about conventionally grown crops.

“Fresh foods grown conventionally are wholesome and flavorful yet more economical,” the Mid America CropLife Association (MACA) wrote the first lady last month a few days after she and fifth-graders from a local elementary school planted the White House Kitchen Garden.

The garden is designed to produce fresh fruits and vegetables for the first family and White House staff and guests. The garden itself doesn’t give the group heartburn. The letter also congratulates the first lady “on recognizing the importance of agriculture to America!”

But MACA, which represents agribusinesses like Monsanto, Dow AgroSciences and DuPont Crop Protection, is rather less thrilled about the fact that no chemicals will be used to grow the crops. The group is worried that the decision may give consumers the wrong impression about conventionally grown food.

“We live in a very different world than that of our grandparents. Americans are juggling jobs with the needs of children and aging parents,” the letter states. “The time needed to tend a garden is not there for the majority of our citizens, certainly not a garden of sufficient productivity to supply much of a family’s year-round food needs.”

The blog La Vida Locavore posted the letter last month.

Although pesticides or chemical fertilizers won’t be used on the White House garden, Camille Johnston, spokeswoman for the first lady, said Mrs. Obama wanted to plant the garden to promote the eating of fruits and vegetables as part of a healthy diet.

MACA members just want a little love pointed their way: “As you go about planning and planting the White House garden, we respectfully encourage you to recognize the role conventional agriculture plays in the U.S. in feeding the ever-increasing population, contributing to the U.S. economy and providing a safe and economical food supply.”
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Lashmar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:03 am

Fresh foods grown conventionally are wholesome and flavourful yet more economical

That came out with more c**p than bloodstone in a month. :roll:

`Fresh foods grown conventionally` training you to think chemicals are the norm. I was on a Canadian government site the other day and it said `traditional` when it meant boiler. WTF is going on there? :?

`Wholesome and flavourful` yes especially when that blue stuff is sprayed on. I love that stuff. It’s not copper mix either. :lol:

`Yet more economical. `Where to start here. They are trying to say it cheaper to buy chemicals and spray them on than it is to do nothing. Wrong. Cambridge and Oxford University are doing a study together and they recon that by the third year of organic farming they are producing as much as the chemical farm. By the fourth they are producing a little bit more and by the last (fifth) year they are producing a fair amount more than the chemical farm.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Angel1979 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:11 am

The only thing they are worried about is thier profits and the drop they will take when people stop buying thier crap.
Angel1979

Postby Lashmar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:21 am

Aye well said.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby inja » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 am

If you would like to support organic gardens by agreeing with Mrs. Obama's garden and let them pesticide companies know that you don't care for them and their greedy ways you can sign right here.....

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/wh_garden/?r=3305&id=3454-1933133-sLaTP0x
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby Questioner101 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:27 am

Well, when the bugs and slugs start going at the White House garden...wonder how many employees they're be to "pick and pluck" them away....(tomatoes, white butterflies, strawberries, slugs,) The only thing that just might survive is Summer Squash/Zucchini...hope she likes them.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby greeney2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:35 am

I don't see how Mrs. Obama planting a vegatable garden should threaten anyone, much less a huge corporation. Why is this any different than a campaign by her to turn out lights threatening the jobs of water and power employees? or if the President loved changing the oil in his car on Saturday morning, threatening mechanics all over the nation? We advocate wanting to be non-dependant on forgien oil, we should also advocate not being dependant on anything else in life. If you can conserve utiitles with your own home programs, work on your own cars or build your own house(which I do and did), thats being self sufficient. My building a 900 sq ft addition didn't put carpenters out of work, they would have never seen the job anyway. Growing a garden is a natural and normal thing to do if you are lucky enough to have a yard. Its almost a crime not to do it and put some productive use to your property for you.

As far as a vegatable garden, that was the first thing I did last year when I retired. Show me a market that you can get it as good as your own garden, and I guarentee it has a hi price tag. I don;t think most people do it for the organic concept, I think they do it becasue they taste good, and you grew them, and thats fun to do. Most vegatable in the markets regular section of produce are bland and tasteless, even in the fancy organic section they are 2-3 times the $$$, and still don't taste like your fresh picked garden. Nobody would raise an issue if the Obamas planted fruit trees.

I don;t know about the comparison to Facism, but you can imagine the CEO or Montsanto or his wife, do not plant tomatos in the back yard. Big farming and argriculture has made the days of Granny's farm in the country non-competitive, which is a real shame. If you don;t have farms measured in square miles, instead of 1-25 acrers, you don;t have a chance to compete. When you have hundreds of thousands of acre farms or ranches, companies like these chemical companies sell huge amounts of chemical products to them. But all the victory gardens in backyards, that measure maybe a few hundred sq. feet, couldn;t threaten anyone.
greeney2

!

Postby Tairaa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:46 am

The food thing kind irks me...

We, as society, are pretty sure the biologically intergrated poison that kills bugs that eat the food is probably not very good for us either.

Who exactly determined that biologically altering the things that we eat would be a good idea with our limited understanding of biological modification coupled with out somewhat limited knowledge of our internal mechanisms.

How long ago was it that we found there was a problem with taking just Vitamin C in tablet form, because there wasn't another chemical in there that oranges have naturally that helps an enzymatic reaction, that our bodies are incapable of without this other chemical? Like 5 years ago?

Surely we've learned all there is to know about humans and all other organisms, and so we should be able to modify things without risk of inadvertent side effects. Yes. We know how to run the world also, we, as the gods, have the knowledge needed to run a planet properly, evidently.

Humans.. So funny..
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts