The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Right Wing Stupidity; Blaming The Messenger For The Message

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby boastonline » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:58 am

I was reminded the other day by a TV spot that back in the days of Kings and Queens many times upon recieving a message that was discomforting, the reciepient would kill the messenger. Even though the messenger was not connected to the message writer. This is the ultimate in stupidity (Palin-isk) and still seems to be going on. This is in reguards to Craigs list involvement in some of the recent crimes. Read about it at http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009 ... ution.html
boastonline

Postby shadowfx » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 am

??? How's this right wing stupidity?

Also, why shouldn't they go after craigslist for that section?
Craigslist in that case acts as an enabler.
The recent events in Boston have led to Craiglist to change from Erotic Services to Adult Services. They also acknowledged that their service was being used for prostitution purposes and would be monitored more heavily.

Anyone care to start up a website to help Dealers and druggies connect easily?
No? why not? Oh that's right because it'd be illegal and you'd be set as an enabler.
shadowfx

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:28 am

I disagree Boston. The problem is things like Craigs list, have very lose rules on the content of what is posted. They need to police the content of their adds a lot better.
greeney2

Postby boastonline » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 am

shadowfx wrote:??? How's this right wing stupidity?

They also acknowledged that their service was being used for prostitution purposes

I doubt that they "acknowledged this". It would almost be admission of guilt. Show me.

Anyone care to start up a website to help Dealers and druggies connect easily?
No? why not? Oh that's right because it'd be illegal and you'd be set as an enabler.

There! If you start up a website to help in illegal activities this should be illegal. But Craiglist deals with many more things. They did not start a business to help in illegal activities. And the word Erotic or Adult covers a wide range of activities, from legal to illegal.

And just as has happened, under your definition, every illegal act that used Craig's List would make it an enabler. Take that murderer who met his victims through Craig's list. In no way shape or form should Craig's List be blamed for a nut case using its services to murder anybody. Prostitute or not.

And most Right Wingers are notorius for having less sympathy for the murdered Prostitute tham the murdered non-Prostitute and thereby give favorable treatment to the non-Prostitute case. This type of biased thinking has led to many unsolved cases throughout history uncluding the murder of Blacks. Right Wingers GIVE EQUAL TREATMENT TO ALL AMERICANS! And everybody else keep Right Wingers out of judicial positions.
boastonline

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:11 am

Take that murderer who met his victims through Craig's list. In no way shape or form should Craig's List be blamed for a nut case using its services to murder anybody. Prostitute or not.

Craigs list has been known for its lose rules and they do not police their ads or who places them, beyond a contact email address to confirm your listing. Ebay, does monitor and does police their listings. You completly register for ebay and paypal, so your identity and billing information is traceable and known. The still have some international scams, but they continue to tighten their rules more and more to sellers. So much that they key in on things before an ad is placed by programming its discription to key words and phases, weeding out many things before an ad can be placed.

Craigs list need to catch up with ebay in terms of having in place programs to head off many of these ads.
greeney2

Postby shadowfx » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 am

My apologies. Craigslist only admits that it's difficult to police the prostitution and ads soliciting sexual and violent acts. http://www.craigslist.org/about/terms.of.use
Read it here in their very own TOU's.

There! If you start up a website to help in illegal activities this should be illegal. But Craiglist deals with many more things. They did not start a business to help in illegal activities. And the word Erotic or Adult covers a wide range of activities, from legal to illegal.

Very true. However, if I started a site to allow the sale of items and for people to connect I could be held liable for transactions that are deemed illegal using my site.
Craigslist, doesn't have an type of verification process. They supply the tools via the means for people to connect.
I doubt that they'd ever be held criminally liable due to something someone posts but they really should police themselves. This alone could drasticly reduce the number of lawsuits that they face all the time.

And most Right Wingers are notorius for having less sympathy for the murdered Prostitute tham the murdered non-Prostitute and thereby give favorable treatment to the non-Prostitute case. This type of biased thinking has led to many unsolved cases throughout history uncluding the murder of Blacks. Right Wingers GIVE EQUAL TREATMENT TO ALL AMERICANS! And everybody else keep Right Wingers out of judicial positions.

As for your right-wing ramblings.... they are just that, ramblings and nothing more. :D
shadowfx

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts