The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

World Politics

H.R 669 (House Resolution 669)

This section is designed for foreign politics, outside the United States. The Black Vault serves many different countries, and this forum will hold threads regarding world politics, events, etc.

Postby jdchaser » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:34 pm

So I was looking at this house bill before congress now called H.R. 669

I'll quote two paragraphs and then I'll link it to you guys. Honestly, I like the idea of protecting us against "Invading animals" however, I don't think they've put a lot of thought into it. I mean not only "Bye bye pet hamster" but also "bye bye zoo's" (Most zoo's and/or exhibits)

H.R. 669 stands for House Resolution 669 and is titled "The Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act". It is a bill currently before Congress that if passed will change the way that the US Government classifies animal species that are not native to the United States. H.R. 669 will make it illegal to breed and sell many animals that are very common in the pet trade.

Anyone with pet fish, birds, reptiles, or small mammals will be affected by this bill. Any company selling product or services for pet fish, birds, reptiles or small mammals will be affected by this bill. Would you be impacted by "The Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act"?

* Virtually all fish in an aquarium are not native to the United States
* Most pet birds are species not native to the US
* Most reptiles kept as pets are not native to the US
* Hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs and ferrets are not native to the US

Now, I'd like to hear your guy's input.

Here is the site. Apparently they go to vote This Friday!!!!

http://www.nohr669.com/

I tried to add a poll on this one, but I couldn't get the polling option to work
Why are you hiding the truth from me when I can see it in plain sight? The only thing this proves is how blind you really are.
jdchaser

Postby Nesaie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:29 pm

WTF?

Does Hawaii count as the US? There are native tropical fish and birds there. Can they still be pets in the lower 48? What about in Alaska?

Locally, in Seattle, there are escaped tropical birds (parrots and such) who survive in a park called the Arboretum by the UW. What would happen to them? They're not native.

Then, what happens to German Shepherds, grey squirrels, or Obama's new dog from Portugal? None of those are native.

Don't these people have something better to do? Who is sponsoring this legislation? Who lobbied for it? PETA?
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby bionic » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:52 pm

I don't see that bill passing
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby jdchaser » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Nesaie wrote:WTF?

Does Hawaii count as the US? There are native tropical fish and birds there. Can they still be pets in the lower 48? What about in Alaska?

Locally, in Seattle, there are escaped tropical birds (parrots and such) who survive in a park called the Arboretum by the UW. What would happen to them? They're not native.

Then, what happens to German Shepherds, grey squirrels, or Obama's new dog from Portugal? None of those are native.

Don't these people have something better to do? Who is sponsoring this legislation? Who lobbied for it? PETA?

Hawaii is a US state. I guess they didn't put enough thought into that if they can't reconize that part.
Why are you hiding the truth from me when I can see it in plain sight? The only thing this proves is how blind you really are.
jdchaser

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Cool, so in a couple weeks my doberman is going to be illegal contraband.

Awesome.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby jdchaser » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm

Apparently it's been pushed back to the 23rd. (4/23/09)

Another thing they forgot is all those animals that get stuck to things. I mean what about seafood? Isn't most of it
jdchaser

Postby Nesaie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:51 am

Just goes to show you how stupid government is.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Return to World Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts