The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Movies like The 1981 film Scanners?

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby jamzh » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Does any one know of any movies that are like the 1981 science fiction horror film Scanners starring Micheal Ironside. I am presently reading Scanners II The New Order by Professor Janus Kimball and the Scanners series is somewhat retarded but at the same time brilliant. Leave it to David Croneberg. I can`t get enough of psychic assassins who make peoples heads explode with just a thought. I think that the next time I go out side I`ll try & hurl a pedstrian into the air with my mind. hehehe... 8-)
jamzh

Postby Rob72 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:50 pm

There were at least 4 sequels, 2 were movies and 2 were tv shows spun off from the movies.
Rob72

Postby rybot » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:11 am

I personally don't know of any movies "like" Scanners, but I'm sure you've seen Videodrome, The Fly, Dead Ringers, and Cronenberg's other works of genius, all revolving around a corruption or evolution of the human form. For more cool stuff on Scanners, check out Season 1 Episode 10 of brilliant Canadian pre-Office docu-comedy "The Newsroom"
rybot

Postby CodeBlack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Austin Powers did it to Britney Spears but he did it with mojo.
http://www.cinemorgue.com/britneyspears.html

There was at least one X-Files episode on MK. Scanners was too 1970's slow mo annoying, but the actors made the movie funny as hell. I loved it when they scanned people and you could see them doing it. I can hear the director saying, "Ok I want to see you scanning. Come on give it to me. Come on really give it to me! Think, but make it visual. When you think, I wanna see it!"
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts