The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

This one is for Maelstrom!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby mael » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 pm

I can read that. But I also read the Russian alphabet, Japanese and Chinese letters (pictograms), the phonetic alphabet, music and circuit diagrams - and I'd like to know more.

I don't mind a typos. I don't mind if people spell difficult words incorrectly. But I think that if someone can't do basic grammar or elementary school spelling in their native language then there's something wrong with them.

On a forum people will read what you say for the first time. So to make your views readily absorbed by interested people you need to make an effort to write as well as you are able within reasonable parameters.

* And though I do know of a few cases where highly intelligent people have poor spelling and grammar, they are all oddballs. The bright ones who can spell correctly and string the words together properly are invariably more persuasive and interesting.

When a newbie posts and I see the personal pronoun in lower case and simple words miss spelt then I feel that person's intelligence and ability to discern information is on a par with their spelling and grammar - rightly or wrongly.

You should remember that you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
mael

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:28 pm

I don´t think even I write as bad as that :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Damnit!
Outdone again.

I only speak English fluently. :(
But I'm a linguist at heart! :P
You'll all see. When I get to my travelling I'll pick up a few languages of the most used of the places I go. I want to specifically learn German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.

I speak HTML semi-fluently, does that count? :P

Upon second thought, I should really learn French... But I just don't like the language.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:35 pm

html is a computer language...so yeah it counts ;) :lol:

I know some french, I studied it for 4 years untill I got this really boring mad bitch to teacher who only wanted me to read everything and to present myself infront of all when she knew I was sick.
Stupid bitch...

Spanish is my main language if you want to learn come to me :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm

I deal with txt spk and ebonics day in and day out with various friends and friends of friends.

I can pretty much decipher any variation of English with little to no problem.

The worst is when they throw, like, three different sentences into one jumbled mess.

Example: "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" The spelling was fine, but God DAMN did I want to punch that guy.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

What?
What does it mean?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Last board we had a poster who wrote everything without a single puncuation mark ever. Never a period, comma, or anyform of puncuation whatsoever. I mean never, really 100% ever! When I said something all she ever wrote back is that she had a learning disability, and I shouldn't pick on her. Don't recall you ever being as helpful to her, as you are with me about spelling Mealstrom. I'm sure its nothing personal, you really have a good heart, someplace. :lol:
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Tairaa wrote:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

What?
What does it mean?

You tell me, bro.

F**ker never showed up the explain his bullshittery.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby rath » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:26 am

deleted
Last edited by rath on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rath

Postby Lashmar » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:42 am

mael wrote:When a newbie posts and I see the personal pronoun in lower case

... :?

You mean `I` yes? :?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts