The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

World "sleepwalking" into disasters: U.N. aid chief

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:41 am

Its called burning a planet out in my opinion. Believe or don't believe things like global warming, nobody can deny more species have gone extinct since the Dinasours other than our times.( meaning the last 50-100 years). WE are blowing it badly!

I'm not sure God had the idea man would evolve into producing such polution and waste, nor did he expect man to sacrifice so many species in the name of growth and progress. We are being devoured by world population that requires an unbalanced cost from nature, from energy to food. We need to do something drastic to change our ways, because the current course, imagine what the 21st century will bring if we ignore what the 20th did.
greeney2

Postby pandasex » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:20 am

the gap between "poor countries" and "rich countries" is getting larger. We need to approach the world as a whole rather than countries. Its something humans are not great at; but i still believe we can evolve into that role. I agree with everything in that article. Preventative measures will not only save lives but save cost. Eventually because of resources or a shift in climate (for whatever reasons of cause) we will have to move people away from certain areas.

great post btw John :D
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Uhm, I agree Greeney.

On the note of change, if we don't willingly change then at some point the planet simply won't be able to sustain our life any longer, and a lot of things and people are going to durastically dwindle in number. Then growth and sustaining will be slow, and difficult because of the additional challenges brought on by our destruction of out planet.

Currently we are blowing it big time.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:35 pm

greeney2 wrote:Its called burning a planet out in my opinion. Believe or don't believe things like global warming, nobody can deny more species have gone extinct since the Dinasours other than our times.( meaning the last 50-100 years). WE are blowing it badly!

I'm not sure God had the idea man would evolve into producing such polution and waste, nor did he expect man to sacrifice so many species in the name of growth and progress. We are being devoured by world population that requires an unbalanced cost from nature, from energy to food. We need to do something drastic to change our ways, because the current course, imagine what the 21st century will bring if we ignore what the 20th did.

You honestly think something as insignificant as man can destroy an entire PLANET?

We're a microscopic itch on earth's arm. At any given notice of us being an actual threat to the well-being of this big rock, she could wipe us out of existence with the snap of a finger.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Oh yes of course! I always say, the planet will be fine no matter what. BUT! We do have the capacity to severely hinder the growth rate for life on this planet, and also substantially reduce biodiversity and therefore stability of life.

But in the end, in the long run of things. Like millions of years down the road things will be all normal on Terra.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 am

Tairaa wrote:Oh yes of course! I always say, the planet will be fine no matter what. BUT! We do have the capacity to severely hinder the growth rate for life on this planet, and also substantially reduce biodiversity and therefore stability of life.

But in the end, in the long run of things. Like millions of years down the road things will be all normal on Terra.

Doubtful.

We have neither the technology nor the resources to do the most damage that this Earth has seen. She's been through a meteor large enough to blow a chunk out of her to form the moon, seas of mercury, air of sulfur, mega volcanoes erupting day and night, earthquakes, fires, tidal waves, etc.

No, we don't have ANYTHING that comes close to the s**t SHE'S seen.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:02 am

This is true, what we do have however is enough radioactive material in warheads alone to substantially increase the global radiation levels. But like I said, Terra will bounce back after a certain period of time. It may not have been as fast as it would have without our hindering, but she'll come back.
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 am

You honestly think something as insignificant as man can destroy an entire PLANET?

No! just our ability of sustain life on it however. Other than that the planet isn't going anyplace until something bigger than us crashes into us or the Sun explodes.

Of all the species gone extinct in the past 100 years what percentage were caused by man?
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 pm

greeney2 wrote:

No! just our ability of sustain life on it however. Other than that the planet isn't going anyplace until something bigger than us crashes into us or the Sun explodes.

Of all the species gone extinct in the past 100 years what percentage were caused by man?

Oh, I'd say 5%, but that's a bit of a stretch.

Other than that, hundreds of species are made and wiped out weekly. It's nature's little science experiments to see what might work and what might not. If she likes it, she'll keep it around for a bit. If she doesn't? Well... poof.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts