The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

do u think there are clicks on BV

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby SmokinJoe » Sat May 09, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm in a clique of ONE...I only talk to myself :shock:
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
SmokinJoe

Postby mrshumphreys » Tue May 12, 2009 7:43 am

SmokinJoe wrote:I'm in a clique of ONE...I only talk to myself :shock:

LIES!!! :P
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Shut up Smokin! :P

How's the coffee? Oh, do you have organic coffee? :D

I didn't realize this was about cliques (I know it's been corrected in the thread but not the title).

There have been worse than cliques in the past. One could categorize them as wars...hence the reason for the battle forum.

People tend to be nicer in person, less nice on the phone, and even less so when there is no voice or picture like these interweb tubes.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby shadowfx » Fri May 15, 2009 8:15 am

Oh what do you know nesaie. :P :shock: :lol:
shadowfx

Postby SmokinJoe » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Damn...mrsH. has my number! I just can't away with anything when she's around.

Nes, yes organic and free trade brands. I don't just represent one coffee brand, but a few. Some business owners just want the cheapest coffee, and then some specifically ask for organic or free trade brands.

Oh, and Nes, how u gonna shut me up when ur all the way over on the west coast?? I know I have a big mouth, but it aint THAT big. :D
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
SmokinJoe

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 pm

I have to say we have cliques and we have people we have aligned with in views, and in some cases we have actually made friends. Bullwinkle nearly got time to meet with John and I when his truck was out west here, missed by about an hour or so. Billy calls me on Christmas and we almost met in Vegas. Only reason we couldn;t meet was I was moving my daughter back home, and had a car full of animals that couldn;t be left alone, but we were within 2 miles, and had to start heading thru the hot desert while it was still cool. Many people havn;t returned on both sides of my debating fence. I've had many of our past banned people I definatly disliked, and every single one who got banned earned it on their own, just returned with a new name. We definatly had our click of anti-Bush folks who seem to have disappeared now that Obama is in.

Things get heated on the board, but when subjects are not so divided, we can all get along.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Yes indeed. Most of us get along quite well, despite our very different thoughts on things.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby mrshumphreys » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:33 am

Billy bought Mr. Humphreys and I a few rounds in Vegas, and he didn't even stab Mr. H once!!
A lovely time was had by all and nobody died. ;)
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:36 am

Nesaie wrote:Shut up Smokin! :P

How's the coffee? Oh, do you have organic coffee? :D

I didn't realize this was about cliques (I know it's been corrected in the thread but not the title).

There have been worse than cliques in the past. One could categorize them as wars...hence the reason for the battle forum.

People tend to be nicer in person, less nice on the phone, and even less so when there is no voice or picture like these interweb tubes.

Anonymity does that. Makes one less responsible for their actions. Or at least the consequences of their actions.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Previous

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts