The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Ancient & Lost Civilizations

This is the Atlantis thread.

Here, you can discuss the Mayans, Atlantis, the Aztecs and other ancient and lost civilizations.

Postby gangstalking » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:15 am

See this is why I miss the old forum.

Ok Atlantis where is it, and will we ever rediscover it?
Gang Stalking World
http://www.GangStalkingWorld.com
United we stand, divided we fall.
gangstalking

Postby JonnOfMars » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 am

I'm going to say no, if the standard for actual discovery is to find an ancient civilization submerged under the water with some sort of physical evidence indicating it was named Atlantis by those who lived there. For what it's worth, I believe Malta, which had a high civilization destroyed at approximately the right time, to be the best fit for the beginnings of the Atlantis story.
JonnOfMars

Postby SneakyPete » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:18 am

could be the a location in which USO's go to and come from. An underwater place where "aliens" live and we cant find it
SneakyPete

Postby earthman » Sat May 09, 2009 8:51 am

Seems to me ole' Bob Ballard said he found it some years ago south of Cuba showing that the Island was just the mountain top of the sunken Atlantis. They showed buildings and other stuff there. Then nothing...??? Could he have found something that the "Folks in Charge" said was a no-no?
earthman

Postby MrTopSecret » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Hello EM!

Yes, they do say that the old Atlantis is submerged under water and it may very well be. I ran across some site or something a while back that was talking about Atlantis was Antarctica. I kind of doubted the idea until this guy mentioned that Atlantis was known to have water on every side of it and was also the focal point of the Earth. If you ever look at Antarctica, it is the center point of the rest of the land masses on Earth.
MrTopSecret

Postby earthman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:36 pm

TSX, i see you got the site up and running. Great. As for Antarticia, it seems to far south to be Atlantis. If Atlantis IS submerged, then the Sea level must have been hundreds of feet lower then it is today. If so then the Mediterranean wouldn't hardly have exsisted. Or for Atlantis to have just sunk is hard to believe.

Most Myth's are based in fact some where down the line. But story's are made up and facts are twisted for the story. I say Atlantis WAS real, but not as some think it was, Hi-Tech and powers of amazing strength. Just a bit more advance then the rest so there stuff and ships and all seemed "Magical" of a sort, helping creat the legend.

I like the Caribbean area as the spot. If seas were lower, Bimini, and the other islands and Cuba south could be it. Then a big strike in the polar region could have caused the seas to shoot up ending Atlantis and could be "Noah's Flood" also at the same time. Noah was instructed to build the ark by God. Or someone, or thing. Atlantis was warned also, that is why the "12" were sent out. They were probibly all fleeing actully. Then boom, it hits. Atlantis gone. Seas rise big time. Now they say the Noah was probibly in the now Black Sea area and it filled when the Mediterranean broke through and filled in the Black Sea. Could this have happend at the same time, Atlantis and Noah? Now as it goes Noah's ark landed on Mt. Ararat, that would have the seas Higher then what most life on earth could survive, thus killing the "12" of Atlantis and about everything else. Thus again, Noah is a myth also and might not have been as deep as thought. The story of both of these goes back thousands of years before the bible so time has changed these storys to a legend status.

Myth's start out as fact in the begining, but after thousands of years, and passing through a time in our history when basic writin language was just getting underway, we must read between the lines a bit and speculate on what it could have been.

earthman
earthman

Postby Percival » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:27 am

It's worth remembering that if taken at face value, Plato's account is actually a re-telling of an old egyptian story, and that until an egyptian priest told it to Solon, the ancient greeks had no version of the story within their own mythology. It makes me wonder if Atlantis is nothing more than old egyptian folk tale used to humour greek travellers, then later used as political allegory by Plato, which has then snowballed out of all proportion from its humble beginnings.
Percival

Postby Aquatank » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:10 am

Percival
You are right on track, Atlantis is a complete fiction based on various disaster that preceded Plato. Even Plato knew this because his writings of Atlantis are in his own words are 5th hand its a story told by a friend of friend of a friend of friend of a friend who heard it happened 10000 years ago. By telling you this upfront he's saying its a fiction he created for a morality tale.
Aquatank

Postby soulvictoria » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:22 am

Atlantis was in the middle of Atlantic Ocean, between Mexico and Africa, right in the confluence of 3 mayor geologic plates.

This confluence produced a volcanic island, which was eventually "sinked" in a massive earthquake, due to the "swallow" effect that the displacement of the plates caused while pushing one another in direction of the center of the confluence.

This tendence is still taking place in actual times with the same plates (don't remember the names, i think is Caribean, African, and some other. Get a map and look for them)

The island has been already "swallowed" by the confluence, after thousands of years, so getting local archeological evidence is pretty hard.
soulvictoria

Postby soulvictoria » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:23 am

Atlantis was in the middle of Atlantic Ocean, between Mexico and Africa, right in the confluence of 3 mayor geologic plates.

This confluence produced a volcanic island, which was eventually "sinked" in a massive earthquake, due to the "swallow" effect that the displacement of the plates caused while pushing one another in direction of the center of the confluence.

This tendence is still taking place in actual times with the same plates (don't remember the names, i think is Caribean, African, and some other. Get a map and look for them)

The island has been already "swallowed" by the confluence, after thousands of years, so getting local archeological evidence is pretty hard.
soulvictoria

Next

Return to Ancient & Lost Civilizations

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts