The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Saving Private Ryan

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 am

WW1, you can have, I'll agree to disagree because I don't know nearly as much.

As Al Murray would say:

Sorry mate, you have to be in the fight form the start to be in the fight.

8-) :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm

The part that I thought was the best Tiaraa was when Private Ryan came back as an old man to Normandy, next to the grave asked approval of the Captain who told him "Earn this" referring to to his life saved as the Captain dies. He tells the Captain he has thought of them everyday and tried to always earn what he was given. Hoping he "earned" that life asked his wife "tell me I've been a good man". "Tell me I've led a good life".
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:02 pm

Yeap, that was sad too, but for me it's a different kind of sad.

Even though I know it's an act..

Watching the one soldier fight to his death while the other does nothing is a more powerful 'sad' for me. The end part at Normandy I guess is a more calm sad.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Previous

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts