The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

How to deal with the board??

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby pandasex » Sun May 31, 2009 12:47 pm

THIS IS NOT A BASH OF ANYONE

I see all of us need some info on how to deal with each other. I myself have said things in anger and been roped in pointless arguments. The fact I have figured out is that no one here is going to change their minds on issues. So please do not attempt (it just ends badly). I came here for exchanging ideas and good websites for UFO, Aliens, Theories ect. What i didnt expect was being in arguments about gays, religion, who was better in office.......So i failed to foresee my own behavior in these arguments. My entire life is spent debating things i have come believe in in human behavior. Its no vacation for me to be here doing it. I have realized i might have some self control issues in this arena.

anyway what have you learned about yourself in this situation? Do you think anyone even comes here for UFO or paranormal related chat anymore??

What can we do as a board to be better?
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby shadowfx » Sun May 31, 2009 11:07 pm

A.) What the hell... bringing up deep sh*t in the ramblings section. :-) lol

B.) It's easy. There are basiclly just a couple options the way I see it.
- 1. Read everything, and respond, let people know exactly what you think.
You'll end up in arguements this way.
- 2. Read, listen, think but only respond when you want to based on why you came here.
You came here the person you are. You can read, listen, understand and not even responding and still get to know more abotu your own opinions.
- 3. Just listen to me.
I know all anyway. :-)
- 4. ......
- 5. Limit yourself to only what you want to read about

Finally, I left 4 blank.... Make the vault what you will. I've been here 10+ years. I love these people. I also hate some of them. I dont' agree with all, but I will always listen to them all.
Each and every voice here deserveses respact.
shadowfx

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Each and every voice here deserveses respact.

Well I don't know about that....
:P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:53 pm

So if a KKK member was here, he or she would have the right...
OK..................................................................................... :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Step 1. Listen.
Step 2. ?????
Step 3. PROFIT!
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:59 pm

What's step number two?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:58 pm

Tairaa wrote:What's step number two?

It's... uh... well ya see...

Step 1. Listen, obviously.
Step 2. ....????
Step 3. PROFIT!

It's really quite simple.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:10 am

I think it´s...lay down with your ass facing up and fart a question :lol: :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:20 am

Panda, as you know John's site primarily is a UFO site with hundreds of thousands of documents that were blacked out. From that grew a wider concept of government conspiracys of all kinds, from military secrets to covered up events and situations. At some point the first message board began, and it quickly took off with posters. We have had a few board changes like the one now. In the beginning the board was very civilized and really much more fun. We did a lot of debating and exchanging of ideas pretty respectfully. At that time Clinton was still President. Than we experienced a few things and events that turned the board upside down. The Gore election loss was one. 911 and the aftermath was another. The Democrats lost the election and Republican were back in. The discussions over the Gore loss started a anti-bush fire that still is burning today, and along with it a friendly board turn down right hostile. opinions were totally divided and totally intorerant of each other. Unbelievable flaming and abuse went on and the mood of the board has had ups and downs, many bannings, and many bitter divided opinions. Seems like that election/Bush/911/war on terror also spread the divisions to every other forum, and no subject seemed exempt from hostile responces. Show me just about any post that has any substance, and within a few replies, it gets spun into things that don;t resemble the opening subject. Flaming, debunking, derailing, belittling, abuse seemed to prevail everyplace. Make supporters of Bush leave by driving them out derailing their every opinion, including reciepes. WE have had many periods where monitors tried helping, but it seemed to throw gasoline into the fire. Once a post started downhill, it was predictable, nobody was going to persuade anyone. Confrontations would only led to the same ones at each other all the time, and nothing has changed that. Than you always have those(we have plenty) who come just to stir the pot, and reak havic. I think we also had many professional posters here only to derail and debunk any trend of thinking and attack it. Scientologists have people that do exactly that, debunking any ways of thinking that goes against their beliefs. That was real obvious when ever anyone would post a positive story about Bush or Iraq. I firmly believe that liberal Democrats have been infiltrating message boards doing character assinations against Bush and Bush supporters, all part of a election stradagy, that extented into the McCain/Palin branding "just like Bush". They planted false stories swaying voters one by one, with many lies.

BEst thing to do is not give up and keep giving your opinions.
greeney2

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 am

BEst thing to do is not give up and keep giving your opinions.

The middle ground has been found. 8-) :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts