The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Obama has no respect for our servicemen!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 pm

I have been watching something Obama does, since his first day in office. It shows he has positively no respect or regard for our Men and Women in uniform. Anyone who has even been in the service knows the protocol and meaning a Saluting. It is a bond of respect between Enlisted men and Officers, that goes both directions. When you see any officer approching, you are to give a snappy and what we would call a Salty Salute, and greeting of Good Morning or Afternoon Sir, and hold that Salute until returned or you pass. Any Officer worth his salt will be glad to respond in the same manner, a courtesy that extends from the lowest Private to 4-Star General. When you see Obama exit AirForce One or his Helicopter, you will see Marine Guards at the bottom of his stairs Saluting the Commander in Chief. What does Obama do? He gives a Salute to the crowd who is watching him, and passes by those Marines like they never exsisted.

You may have hated Bush, but Bush Acknowledged and Saluted back to his Guards directly, as it should be, with respect and a salty snap in respect. Nothing can be more of a moral maker as to be on the recieving end of an officer showing you, you deserve his respect. And nothing can be more of a moral breaker, when that one on one contact, is not made, but is spent on a PR show for the crowd.

Sorry folks but in my book the Commander in Chief should never allow himself to steer away from Military tradition and honor, and never disrespect the lowest Private who is Saluting him. It isn;t a show to the crowd, it is leadership where everyone in the Chain of Command, gives and recieves respect, in every level from the Commander in Chief down.
greeney2

Postby Aquatank » Fri May 29, 2009 8:41 pm

You might want to read up on it a bit. Its looks very iffy if the President is even supposed to ,at snopes its it put down to presidents discretion. According to this other note Presidents didn't salute the military until after Reagan due to the fact that they are civilians not military and aren't supposed to.
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/012545.html
Aquatank

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:30 pm

If you want to get really technical, an officer is not required to Salute back, but the enlisted man if that happens, is required to hold his Salute until he has passed his side, if they are walking twards each other. Once he is Saluted back, he can respond by completing the Salute. If you want to be further technical, if you are inside and not wearing your cover(hat) you do not Salute, and you do not Salute outdoors if you are not in uniform and in cililian cloths. You always remove your cover indoor unless you are armed, you leave your cover on. Anyone in uniform is required to Salute the Commander in Chief who does not wear a Uniform, as one of the only exceptions. You would not Salute even a General in Civilian cloths, only in Uniform. The President technecially doesn;t have to return a Salute, but if he does, he is returning it to the one who Saluted him, not to the crowd for show. That much I'm sure of.
greeney2

Postby hxxx » Fri May 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Perhaps his salute to the crowd is just as sincere as would be to the soldier.
hxxx

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat May 30, 2009 3:26 am

What he should be doing is helping all those millions of poor americans all over your country :roll:
But no G2 you rather give more money,support and focus to the military as the US has always done since after WW2.
The military focus is the main reason to why you people lack in compassion,understading and intelligence around this world and to why most don´t like you.

If Obama is sincere by what he wants, he wants to make the US look both strong and compassionate and not just a dumb redneck who thinks that shooting and blowing up everything is the only way to get rid of things.

And Bush only cared about his slaves conducting his stupid plans.
And I don´t see anything wrong by him not saluting a guard that salutes him when exiting Air Force One for instance.
You have Memorial Day, Veteran´s Day, The news making your soldiers look like heroes every damn day.
WTF more do you want? :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:03 am

Glad you can make it up as you go Dark, because again the subject matter of this post, has nothing to do with your comments.
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Sat May 30, 2009 11:30 am

I wasn't a fan of Bush and I'm not a fan of this guy either. I just get the feeling that if we were to get into another international crisis, we'd be in a world of doodoo.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat May 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Glad you can make it up as you go Dark, because again the subject matter of this post, has nothing to do with your comments.

As SRO said, you only read what is not there, or you don´t read at all. :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby _Billy_ » Sat May 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Which is worse, not saluting, or getting this country into a screwed up mess?
Last edited by _Billy_ on Sat May 30, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby pandasex » Sat May 30, 2009 1:53 pm

_Billy_ wrote:Which is worse, not saluting, or getting this country into a fucked up mess?

wow! that was good :lol:

I just got done watching this long story about his grandfather and great uncle's ordeal during WWII....i think he was raised with a lot pertaining to respect and honor for service men and women

?????
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts