The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Guardians of the Galaxy

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby frrostedman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:06 pm

A new Marvel Comics movie. This one looks really good.

http://marvel.com/guardians
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:16 pm

It's fantastic. Would highly recommend.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Dragoness » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:54 pm

I saw it this past weekend and thought it was pretty good.
Dragoness

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:01 pm

These are some of the best characters created in Marvel comics, and that's the exact reason why I want my memories of them to be the printed page. I just can't imagine even with the technology now Groot even being able to hold the grandeur I've seen drawn. Seeing Thanos at the end of Avengers so enough to relay that movies are not the best medium for every story to be told. My fear of disappointment will keep me away for a good while, which I'm okay with. But everyone I've heard that has watched it, familiar with the characters or not, has enjoyed it so that says something.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:36 pm

I don't know, the way they built Thanos so far he's looking to be a legitimate universal threat. Brolin did an excellent job exuding that type of "I could F you up with with a thought" swagger that Big T usually carries with him. I reckon I'll be proper frightened when he slips that Infinity Gauntlet on for the first time on the big screen.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:22 pm

It was neat to see and if they're going in the direction of the infinity gems instead of the cosmic cube like they hinted at, it could be some good cinema. It'd be nice to see the Surfer back too, just not Lawrence Fishburne. I don't know what Bendis is doing with GotG now but I'd like too see an Annihilation or at least Annihilation Conquest to introduce these characters to the screen as Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning did in the comics. I haven't always heard positives on Bendis work with the characters which is what the movie is suppose mostly be based on. But I may just be acting a bit fan boyish and just need to watch it and enjoy it for whàt it is. As I don't see the general audience keeping an interest in superhero comic books movies for much longer, even if the quality doesn't slip.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts