The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS FIRST POST TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART?

YES
10%
NO
35%
I ALREADY PRAYED/ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST INTO MY HEART
35%
OTHER
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby xfrodobagginsx » Thu May 01, 2014 6:03 am

xfrodobagginsx

Postby greeney2 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:30 pm

xfrodobagginsx, I hope you look at this and decide to have a conversation about your post. This post began as your first post, way back in 2009. It has had 320 replies, over 33 pages, and has been viewed by nearly 15,000 people who obliviously did not give a reply.

What is really interesting is that in all this time, all these pages and all these viewers, only 1 single person replied yes, 7 said no, 6 said already have, and 5 listed other. Maybe you could give your opinion about such dismal results, but you keep coming back from time to time. Over in the religion forum, we have an ongoing debate about evangelizing.

I'm not genius, but if I only had 20 people over 5 years, and knew 15,000 looked at my post, I would wonder why, or at least question myself if I have done more harm than good with my post? This is very much the discussion we are having on the religion forum, and I would like you to join in, what your thoughts are about when evangelizing is more hurtful than helpful, IF THE MISSION IS TO HELP PEOPLE FIND THE LORD.

I wonder if you xfrodobagginsx, have asked yourself if maybe I did more harm here, since only 20 people responded to my survey, and lets give you credit that hypothetically 1000 people privately said the prayer, that still leaves 14,000 others you may have discouraged with your approach?

I made the point on the other thread, one approach, or how he/she may go about this requires a level of thought as to ones tactics. If it so over zealous it becomes something that does more to discourage than encourage? This is only one message board, do you do this all over many other boards, and if so what are your results.

Here is your chance to talk reasonably on this thread and on the one in the religion forum. Doesn't look like your survey has been very fruitful, and I'm giving you credit for 1000 takers ( when its actually 19).

I'm pretty sure you will disappear as usual, but this is your invitation to actually discuss this. You need to honest and objective defending your survey, or admitting it may not be the right way after 5 years.
greeney2

Postby Halfabo » Thu May 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Actually, that's not too bad Greeney. In the three years of Jesus' ministry, He talked to thousands of people but, only twelve followed Him.
Halfabo

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:25 am

xfrodobagginsx wrote:
greeney2 wrote:Why do you not recognize infant Baptism and Confirmation?

Because infant baptism unbiblical. The bible is our guide and that goes against what baptism is all about. I have no problem with confirmation as long as you don't think it's part of your salvation. Salvation is only attained through faith in Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This is from page one where you dismiss me for what is part of my Religion from my Birth. A simple google search of your own posting name, your member statistics on another forum you claim to, be a "Southern Baptist", and claim to have been "saved" when you were four years old.

After lecturing me about Catholic Confirmation, and having the gall to question the Sacraments in the Roman Catholic religion, you just contradict yourself on what you implied, concerning salvation only through the Faith in Jesus . What is wrong with you to dispute the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation in the Catholic religion, which is the personal Confirming of your own Faith in Jesus Christ. I might add again, both Baptism, and First Holy Communion in the Roman Catholic Church are Sacraments. By claiming your Faith in Jesus Christ at age 4, you would not even be able to comprehend such a thing at age 4. Your Salvation is valid for you as a baby, but Confirmation at the age of accountability for a Catholic is not? As usual, you just disappear from discussion.
greeney2

Postby xfrodobagginsx » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:31 pm

greeney2 wrote:
xfrodobagginsx wrote:

Because infant baptism unbiblical. The bible is our guide and that goes against what baptism is all about. I have no problem with confirmation as long as you don't think it's part of your salvation. Salvation is only attained through faith in Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

This is from page one where you dismiss me for what is part of my Religion from my Birth. A simple google search of your own posting name, your member statistics on another forum you claim to, be a "Southern Baptist", and claim to have been "saved" when you were four years old.

After lecturing me about Catholic Confirmation, and having the gall to question the Sacraments in the Roman Catholic religion, you just contradict yourself on what you implied, concerning salvation only through the Faith in Jesus . What is wrong with you to dispute the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation in the Catholic religion, which is the personal Confirming of your own Faith in Jesus Christ. I might add again, both Baptism, and First Holy Communion in the Roman Catholic Church are Sacraments. By claiming your Faith in Jesus Christ at age 4, you would not even be able to comprehend such a thing at age 4. Your Salvation is valid for you as a baby, but Confirmation at the age of accountability for a Catholic is not? As usual, you just disappear from discussion.

We are saved by Grace through FAITH without works. You are trying to work for your salvation. Salvation doesn't come by Baptism, Sacraments, Good deeds or Church Membership. It only comes by Grace through FAITH in Jesus Christ. The Catholic Church is NOT the way to Heaven, Jesus Christ is.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Who is the WAY? Catholic? No. Church? no. Good deeds? No. JESUS is the Way! Trust in Him alone for salvation. It's that simple.

Romans 3:23 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
xfrodobagginsx

greeney2 wrote:
xfrodobagginsx wrote:

We are saved by Grace through FAITH without works. You are trying to work for your salvation. Salvation doesn't come by Baptism, Sacraments, Good deeds or Church Membership. It only comes by Grace through FAITH in Jesus Christ. The Catholic Church is NOT the way to Heaven, Jesus Christ is.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Who is the WAY? Catholic? No. Church? no. Good deeds? No. JESUS is the Way! Trust in Him alone for salvation. It's that simple.

Romans 3:23 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
xfrodobagginsx

greeney2 wrote:
xfrodobagginsx wrote:

xfrodobagginsx

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:12 pm

It only took you 3 months to come back and give a reply, and have no idea why you repeated it 3 times in a row. Maybe that is your computer entering skills.

I think you have no respect or understanding of anything other than your own tunnel vision. All the things you say in your reply is exactly what the Catholic sacraments are all about. A life of belief in Jesus Christ. Do you not know Catholics are followers of Jesus Christ, and that our Baptism, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation are all about that, and that we affirm our Faith in every mass said? Maybe it is you who does not understand that a Catholic and is just as much of a Christian as you claim to be, and has the same belief in, Grace through Faith? Oh by the way every other Christian religion has the same belief, or do you think only Southern Baptists are the only ones with salvation? Think about what you just said to every Catholic, that you imply somehow they are without Faith or Grace, or believe in Jesus.

Back to my original question, I think your approach does more to drive those trying to find the Lord away, as the point I made over in the evangelizing thread in religion.
greeney2

Postby xfrodobagginsx » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:41 pm

How the Bible was Compiled.

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D76LD7NX
xfrodobagginsx

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:55 am

In the few months again, did you at least do a little research about what I said concerning the Roman Catholic church?

I wonder if you would consider saying one "Hail Mary" prayer with a Catholic, or go to one Mass to see what there Worship service is all about? Or are you that narrow minded?
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts