The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Cryptozoology

Nessie Caught on Satellite Camera?

Sightings of bigfoot, lake monsters around the world, and the chupacabras are just some of the many cryptozoological stories on the rise! Although many of these stories are controversial - some have evidence that defies belief.

Postby Willease » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:43 pm

This is what I found regarding the case file with the same name.

First, I enhanced the image...

...then searched for boats of Loch Ness and found this one...

A converted ferry, now tour boat called "The Jacobite Queen"...

http://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk ... bite-queen

Sorry John, but I had to debunk this one.
Willease

Postby Taeko » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:02 pm

The Lock Ness Monster has been a favorite target of remote viewers, but it has not been found by them. I cannot find it. Some say it is the ghost of a dinosaur, but I do not even find a ghost.
When you can go out and see the universe, who wants to go look at a Russian submarine? (Melvin C. Riley, US Army Remote Viewer)
Taeko

Postby Willease » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:20 am

Here is the same boat found on Google maps between Loch Ness and Loch Dochfour...

Willease

Postby Aquatank » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:28 pm

This appears to be a blue whale feeding on the loch's eels to me. The large bulge on the head looks typical of blue whales taking a gulp of water before using their baleen filters. A whale can survive at least 2-3 weeks in fresh water from what has been observed of humpbacks in the Sacramento River. Loch Ness runs out through the River Ness and out to Moray Firth which is known for Blues, Humpbacks, Orcas, Dolphins, and Sperm Whales the odd adventure of a few into the loch over the centuries probably resulted in misidentifications by those not used to whales over the years. Even a male orca's dorsal fin from the wrong angle might be misinterpreted as a neck if only glanced briefly. This photo goes a long way into solving what's been happening at Loch Ness.

The boat is also a possibility, however the lack of clear definition a one generally finds with surface vessels suggests otherwise.

Similar pic of a blue. http://www.oceanlight.com/stock-photo/b ... 977740.jpg
Aquatank

Postby blackvault » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 am

Willease wrote:Sorry John, but I had to debunk this one.

Why are you sorry!? Don't be! I wasn't posting it as real, I post it for investigation, feedback, and in this case, a fairly convincing explanation!

Please, keep the explanations coming. The cases stay in the database, are updated, and people have the freedom to post other information, evidence, opinions, etc. You'll see the case file is already updated with your information, and credit, of course.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Aquatank » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:45 am

The question for me is IF this is a moving boat why is it blending into the loch blue color scheme on a color satellite pic which clearly shows the other boats in stark contrast to the dark waters. If this is a common fluke of satellite photography more examples should be visible on other bodies of water.
Aquatank

Postby blackvault » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Another BV user who posted on the case file has a good point. Maybe partly a PR stunt by Apple to plug their Apple Maps. I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Apple Maps (vs. Google Maps). Just a thought...
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Aquatank » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Greeney.
I find the object as a boat analysis quite compelling, even though I'd love it to be a whale. But a publicity stunt or hoax would go along way to providing an answer why the boat would not be more distinct and seems far more plausible than a programming glitch. I'm leaning to the boat being the object, but is severely disheartening to go from a less than exotic whale being a tourist in a lake to the truly mundaneness of a programming glitch. Much like finding out the doctors photo was a toy sub and not an off angle pic of a male Orca's dorsal fin.
Aquatank

Postby Aquatank » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Aquatank

Return to Cryptozoology

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts