The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Something I dont understand about Fort Hood Shooting

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby capricorn » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:37 pm

So, Fort Hood is a gun free zone right? So can someone please tell me how it in the world it was possible that anyone could have brought a gun into fort hood??? I mean, how much more clear can we be to criminals that they are not allowed to bring guns on a gun free zone!
Obviously we need more gun laws. The only way criminals will stop breaking laws is if we create more of them.
:wall:
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby frrostedman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Yes! More laws!

I noticed something curious on this one. The media clammed up and wouldn't say ANYTHING about the shooting other than it happened at a "work place." I mean, come on now, who calls an office a "work place" and why were they so quick to use that specific terminology?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that THIS time, the White House was on top of it, telling the media what to say. They were already framing it all up as "work place violence" before the smoke cleared. They learned their lesson with the Hassan massacre. This time they had to get ahead of the curve and label it work place violence real quick like. The media lap dogs followed their king's orders perfectly. That way if the shooter turned out to be a Muslim shouting "Alahu Akhbar" as he murdered innocent people, the story would already have been branded as work place violence. Turns out it didn't matter because the killer was a mentally ill Iraq War vet. (question: he was already under treatment for being mentally ill. How exactly did he--of ALL people--manage to arm himself in a so-called gun-free zone?)

Our President is so protective and he exudes so much power. I feel more and more safe every day. If you ever doubt how great our President is, just think about this: No single act of terror against the USA has occurred since he became President. Benghazi you say? Nope. That was a completely justified reaction to a horrible anti-Muslim youtube video clip. And Obama, God bless him, quickly hurled the producer of the clip into jail. Boston Massacre? Just kids being kids with a couple of pressure cookers. Isolated event. Nothing to see here.

This latest "work place violence tragedy" was not an act of terror. No. It was an Iraq War veteran who lost his mind. And that's Bush's fault.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:38 pm

You know darn well the President probably said, "oh crap, one more disaster to get grilled for" So now the story was the shooter had post traumatic stress syndrome but had not be diagnosed yet , they were evaluating him.

As far as getting the gun on base Cap, Ft. hood is one of the biggest bases in the USA. They told how many vehicles and people per day come in the gates, and searching each and everyone would be impossible.
Last edited by greeney2 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greeney2

Postby capricorn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Uh Greeney, it shouldn't matter how big fort hood is because its a gun free zone. A gun free zone! which means there is an invisible force field that automatically disintegrates guns,shocks you with 1000 volts of electricity and reports you to the local authorities.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby frrostedman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:14 pm

greeney2 wrote:You know darn well the President probably said, "oh crap, one more disaster to get grilled for" So now the story was the shooter had post traumatic stress syndrome but had not be diagnosed yet , they were evaluating him.

As far as getting the gun on base Cap, Ft. hood is one of the biggest bases in the USA. They told how many vehicles and people per day come in the gates, and searching each and everyone would be impossible.

The way I heard the story, the guy was already established as mentally disturbed. I'm just saying that if "gun-free zone" has any shred of meaning whatsoever, this guy should have been on watch and never been allowed to carry a weapon on the premises. As I said, he should have been the very last person on the entire base to be carrying weapons on base.

Interesting that he bought his weapon at the same gun store Hassan did.

You're right Capricorn. Conclusion: "gun-free zone" is just a happy, fluffy Liberal ideal just like social and economic "fairness." What is fairness, but a term that the people in power define their own way. What's "fair" to Obama isn't what's fair to most of us. It's a vague, subjective term.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:13 am

I had herd he was seeking help for it, but had not yet been diagnosed with Post traumatic stress. It was also said having post traumatic stress does not make one a mass murderer. Thousands if not millions of combat veterans in all our wars probably have it, and they are not murderers. You do not even have to be in combat to have it.

This brings up the question of gun buying checks, that what mental illnesses would not allow you to buy a gun? What diagnosis would be required to be in a data base, to eliminate you buying a gun? Anyone who ever was seen by a physicist or physiologist, or been in any kind of inpatient care?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:48 pm

greeney2 wrote:I had herd he was seeking help for it, but had not yet been diagnosed with Post traumatic stress. It was also said having post traumatic stress does not make one a mass murderer. Thousands if not millions of combat veterans in all our wars probably have it, and they are not murderers. You do not even have to be in combat to have it.

This brings up the question of gun buying checks, that what mental illnesses would not allow you to buy a gun? What diagnosis would be required to be in a data base, to eliminate you buying a gun? Anyone who ever was seen by a physicist or physiologist, or been in any kind of inpatient care?

Good questions. Here I am, saying why was this guy allowed to arm himself... when I myself have been diagnosed with PTSD (not war related). So unless I'm at least slightly hypocritical, I would have to say I shouldn't be carrying a gun--when I consider myself a very safe person to own a gun. In fact I've recently seriously considered buying one to protect our home with. Fact is though, I have to admit, I could by some very, very unlikely combination of circumstances end up having a PTSD episode while the gun was in my hands and that would probably not be a good thing.

edit: where did I get "PTSA" from?? It's PTSD
Last edited by frrostedman on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:23 pm

The subject create more questions than answers for sure. Doctor/patient privilege are laws, just like Lawer/client privilege laws. Only certain circumstances a doctor is required to report some things. Where would it all end, reporting for just about anything? What about people who get road rage, is that something with the same potential results, and deem someone never to be allowed to drive?
greeney2

Postby Alalu » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:56 pm

You guys do realize that the Army uses guns to do its job, right? Or is our next war going to be in a gun free zone? What would an Army guy be doing with a gun? Huh? There are guys worse off than this guy with access to much more powerful weapons. I could have blown up your whole city. And I did shut down half of San Diego once for about 3 hours, but that was because I was tired. Don't tell the mayor.
Alalu

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts