The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Christians? Answer a few simple questions.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:27 am

Patrick_Giyan wrote:My feelings are all humans know that God exists, it was part of Adam and passed down throught the generations.

If we all did evolve from Adam, Adam was given the first set of genes and DNA, that everyone should have traceable, and that if possible, every human could be traced to Adam in theory with DNA.

Question would be IMHO, when God created man, did God program in every human, to naturally know God exists and is real? Nearly every person walking this earth has some ideas about God. Is it literally impossible to be a true atheist, if God put this in our DNA make up, of every human that began with Adam. That is a totally different thing from the sins a person does in his lifetime, consequently is even the worst murdering criminal, still know their is God?

Patrick_Giyan wrote:I from a early age, single digit, found it very natural for the belief in God and Christ. I was accepting but kinda confused, all the stories were powerful and overwhelming for me but in time things became clear and understandable.

We are all confused, even when we get older, we have questions and even doubts. And the stories are powerful and overwhelming, but some religions believe every one of the stories are literally real, and others believe some of the stories are symbolic. Did they really become clear, or did you just learn to "accept" them as true with your upbringing? Gets to be a pretty big subject that is life long, and never ending. I think most of us question many of the stories, trying to really imagine them literally. Even who and how the great pyramids were build is not clear cut to many people, but those stories in the Bible are accepted too. The stories may be in question in many minds, but universally, most believe in God. As I said above, if the first page of Genesis is true, we all came from Adam, is it even possible to Not believe in God, because God made that impossible. Giving us all free will, made it possible to break the rules, God gave us choices, but why did God give us bad choices, why did God intend for man to have imperfect behavior? Man as a total, has really botched up what God gave us, if you believe what is written in the first pages of Genesis.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Patrick_Giyan wrote:Sin and rejection are the issue, i think some confuse rejection with disbelief.

Wow! You nailed it Patrick. This answers greeney's question asking if any of us can really be an Atheist. Atheism is the total rejection and suppression of God's existence... not "disbelief." Like an angry child trying to wish its own parents out of existence by simply denying it over and over.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts