The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

What If God Disappeared?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Fri May 29, 2009 1:07 pm

starman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:Hyperspace is a fourth spatial dimension, not temporal. But yeah, you can think of the universe as a sphere, which has no boundary. However, hyperspace has always been there, prior to our unvierse existing, and that which the universe is expanding into.

By using this so-called imaginary time, physicists Stephen Hawking and Jim Hartle showed that the universe could have been born without a singularity. Would you agree or disagree with this conceptional model of how the universe began? The standard model of the Big Bang singularity, where the laws of physics break down, requires something to initiate the process, thereby leaving the idea that God was the possible initiator. The imaginary time model eliminates this possibility and the Big Bang acts as any other point in spacetime.

Physicists Stephen Hawking and Jim Hartle here are pretty much presenting the same thing I am, minus the higher spatial dimension.

I would agree that the very first universe to ever exist within our "local region" of higher-dimensional space would have had to been born without a singularity. I think the rest are formed from black holes/singularities.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Fri May 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Questioner101 wrote:Physics is just advanced math puzzles....dreamed up by Physicists....then scientists have to design tests to "prove" the theories....constantly being watched by electrons....protons and neutrons....and the "conscious" Universe.

You're talking about theoretical physics, not physics.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Asura » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:53 pm

not necesarrily in response to anyone's posts, but just my two cents here:

Indocrinations aside, I had always enjoyed the idea that Islam spoke of as far as the creation of Humans and God's closeness to them. In essence, God isn't a part of us, nor we a part of him. however, because God is omnipotent, God can be near a person, as near to their corporeal being as their sould is, but never is actually a part of it. Almost the way oh say...an artist is close to his art and yet can be distant from that which he creates, all at once. And, like any artist, if he so chooses, he can alter it to his own whims, or, he can share it with the world, so to speak, the way a cartoonist shares his creations with the world, and, after sending it out, can leave it to fend for itself, and see how it fairs on it's own. So the idea that God could "Disappear" isn't that far fetched. It can also be thought of as the episode of Futurama where God told Bender that he ignores prayers because it annoys him that people often ask for the same thing, but don't try on their own to change their circumstances, when, more often than not, they're capable of doing so.

Other than that, what had always interested me is that when the creation of man is described in the Qur'an, it's...it's very much like the description of birth. it talks about how god made us out of a clot, and slowly molded upon the clot and helped it to grow, form arms, legs and fingers and facial features. But it's done in such a way that it's almost like watching an embryo grow in it's infant stages. it's hard to describe right now cause I don't have the quotes in front of me right now, but it's pretty interesting stuff, especially since that growth process almost hints at an intelligent design aspect, as opposed to just the classic sense of mythological creationism.

There are also quotes in the Qur'an that point to the Devil being a genetic manipulator, and making hybrids of creatures to do his bidding. I'll share more on that later, because there is a theory I have about one aspect of abductions that relates to a story in the Qur'an that relates to, believe it or not, Alexander the Great, but, I'll post that in a new topic.
Asura

Postby screamzero » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:31 pm

..now ya see him, now ya don't... probably never did...and wouldn't want too....just to much...
the artist can manipulate you yet you ain't a-part. :roll: ...at this rate, fahget about it....No-body -and No-body only - is smart enough to think of nothing. Can you? Part of...nothing? Just evaporate and get over yourself. I did. :geek:
screamzero

Postby inja » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:01 am

starman wrote:
Questioner101 wrote:
View first unread post What If God Disappeared?

He/She has to appear first.

Then I shall rephrase the question. To all believers, what if God disappeared? ;)

There would be nothingness.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby starman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:56 pm

inja wrote:

So reason without faith in the existence of God, leaves nothing. Oh well, as I've always said, nothing is good enough for me. ;)
a book without light
unless with love we write ~ Moody Blues
starman

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:10 am

starman wrote:What if God disappeared? What a horrible world that would be. No Jesus, no peas!

Isn't he dead already?

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby MonarchSmile » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 am

What if

God showed up :?:

She be kickin the crap out of Abrahams' god followers :twisted:
MonarchSmile

Postby inja » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:16 pm

starman wrote:
inja wrote:

So reason without faith in the existence of God, leaves nothing. Oh well, as I've always said, nothing is good enough for me. ;)

Nope I didn't say that. You don't have to have faith or belief in a God or any God to have "something". Obviously you are a biological entity who is surrounded by material objects that you swear are present with out a faith in a God.

From my perspective there isn't anything else but a God essence. Blink this essence out of existence and there is nothing.

Your question is the type of question that brings no one any closer to any type of truth and the only thing that gets discussed is....well it is same old same old. :P
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby CodeBlack » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:22 pm

starman wrote:Then I shall rephrase the question. To all believers, what if God disappeared? ;)

Then all the evils of the past will re-occur, which is what seems to be happening. If your civilization is not based on rights granted by God then those rights can be taken away by man. Then you get crime, oppression, anarchy, war and all that comes with that. The planet is on its way there now. I think BO is a big believer that 2012 is the time of the Revelation and he's preparing for it. He thinks he's the Messiah and Al Gore is John the Baptist.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts