The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

One Wish

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:22 am

You have one personal wish and it's guaranteed to be granted. What would it be? I say personal wish because I want to filter out all the world peace kind of wishes. Think of what you personally want for yourself if given any choice with no surprises or strings attached.

There is something I want to discuss.

My wish would be immortality. And, if you think about it, wouldn't immortality pretty much cover any other wish anyway? If you want endless wealth for example... immortality would grant you that eventually. If you wanted psychic powers, immortality (through technology) would eventually grant you that. The ability to fly, to be the best concert pianist in the world, to be famous... given enough time, all these things would be granted through immortality.

So post your personal wish, but at the same time tell me if you think immortality would be generally the most popular wish among everyone.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 am

You are assuming a lot of only good things would go along with immortality. Can you imagine immortality when things do not go well, like world wars, global famine, or if you became a quadriplegic, or had some condition where there was no quality to life? At what age and condition could you be in a state of immortality? I could not imagine living forever, after all my family was gone. Dracula had immortal life, look how he enjoyed life. :lol:

On the serious side, fame and fortune is not all what its cracked up to be. My personal wish would be for Mrs. G2 and myself to just have good health for as long as possible. Had a bit of a health scare this year, and know what loosing some of it means. You can get along without a lot of things, but its pretty hard to get along when your health is gone.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:47 pm

No one bit on the question. It was raised to make a point.

I believe just about any self-centered wish can be achieve through immortality.

My plan was to get people to agree with me on that, and then lead into the promises God has made in Christ. One of which is immortality.

8-)
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby JimboLea » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 pm

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
JimboLea

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts