The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Technology and Spirituality

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby magonia17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:07 am

Our world is developing at a rapid rate technologically. This technology is used for communication with each other, searching for answers for unsolved problems. It is also used in developing new medicines and new machinery, creating new bio-technology to deal with natural pests which attack our food supply. For all its marvels, there is a downside; our personal development may be suffering as a result, like an unused skill, which is slowly being forgotten.

Many of the above can found using our spiritual side of our existence here, yet few are able to access this side of ourselves.

Communication over vast distances is possible, since the concept of time is an illusion, and distance is irreverent. If you are able to tap into the spiritual plane, many answer if not all can be found, for all the answers are within us, if we search for them. But we are using technology to breach the gap been spiritual and physical aspects of our existence here.

We need technology yes to help in the physical world, and to sustain our world and ourselves while we are here. Yet it is engulfing us, and many are forgetting the other side of ourselves, and not learning how to use our natural abilities which lay dormant in many, and this lack of use is making some forget how to use them.
magonia17

Postby qmark » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Technology and spirituality are going to clash, in the not to distant future, and not in a good way.
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:09 am

I think they already have since the industrial revolution, as technology progressed so have social values have declined including spiritual and religious beliefs. We are now an instant gratification society. Throw in a few wars, depression, recessions, and growing dependence on every gadget from cell phones to microwaves, and who needs religion or any spiritual life at all. People don;t have to pray the crops grow in order to eat, just go down to the market and get it. And if you are broke, just get welfare to give it for you. You get paid for turning every ache and pain into a welfare disabilty bonanza, not like in the old Days when you plowed the fields no matter how much you were suffering. Pretty soon between the Welfare office, food stamps, free clinic, and the soup kitchens, just not enough time for church, when you have several protest demonstrations to complain about the government, trying to have the Ten Commandments on the court house, and not have any atheism symbols. :)
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:11 pm

qmark wrote:Technology and spirituality are going to clash, in the not to distant future, and not in a good way.

Hey qmark! :)

I would like to hear more from you on this.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:14 pm

I feel like technology and spirituality can work in concert. I see some interesting similarities between modern technology and future technologies, and spirituality; particularly when it comes to receiving and broadcasting messages.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby qmark » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Today’s technology has reached the point where it is possible to easily control the masses if they were inclined to do so. Another one or two major financial events like the Target one that we had over the holidays and people will be demanding for the government do something.

The solution, of course, is a cashless society. The technology already exists. Let’s face it, most of us already go cashless. Your money goes into your account with direct deposit. You go to the store to buy something or get some gas and you whip out your debit card. No need to carry cash.

The problem with cards is they can be stolen or just the information from the card can be stolen, not to mention your SS number. However, with biochips inserted into the body, most of those issues would be taken care of, along with the rest of our freedoms which have been rapidly evaporating.

The downside to all of that is the fact that you are in the database. You ARE part of the system. Go ahead and tick somebody off and with a few key strokes they suspend your number or cancel it completely. You can no longer “buy or sell”. You can no longer function in society. You will be forced to go along with the system if you want to survive. Sound far-fetched? The technology already exists. All it needs is a well written program and a few tweaks.

Our freedom loving government has already shown us what they are capable of this past year and I believe we don’t even know the half of it.

Rev 13:16-17
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name
qmark

Postby frrostedman » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:58 pm

qmark wrote:Today’s technology has reached the point where it is possible to easily control the masses if they were inclined to do so. Another one or two major financial events like the Target one that we had over the holidays and people will be demanding for the government do something.

The solution, of course, is a cashless society. The technology already exists. Let’s face it, most of us already go cashless. Your money goes into your account with direct deposit. You go to the store to buy something or get some gas and you whip out your debit card. No need to carry cash.

The problem with cards is they can be stolen or just the information from the card can be stolen, not to mention your SS number. However, with biochips inserted into the body, most of those issues would be taken care of, along with the rest of our freedoms which have been rapidly evaporating.

The downside to all of that is the fact that you are in the database. You ARE part of the system. Go ahead and tick somebody off and with a few key strokes they suspend your number or cancel it completely. You can no longer “buy or sell”. You can no longer function in society. You will be forced to go along with the system if you want to survive. Sound far-fetched? The technology already exists. All it needs is a well written program and a few tweaks.

Our freedom loving government has already shown us what they are capable of this past year and I believe we don’t even know the half of it.

Rev 13:16-17
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name

I see where you're going with this. With the verse you have quoted, it's hard to imagine it could mean anything BUT what you're getting at. Some kind of account code or whatever, implanted in our hand or forehead, that enables transactions. I mean, that stuff is just over the scientific horizon for sure. I'm already cashless. I pay for everything via check card or via online transaction/online bill-pay.

As an aside I came up with a pretty nifty idea (after having my check card number compromised twice). I got a $500 limit prepaid card and I use it for all my transactions online or food delivery. (I suspect that the 2nd time my check card was compromised it was a guy that delivered my dinner). Anyway, with this $500 card, which is run by the same bank I do my checking with... I can do online "power-ups" to recharge the card instantly, any time I want. And, if my number does get compromised, the worst damage they can do is $500 and since I had already prepaid it, I will not suffer any negative effects. I pay all my bills online. I haven't had cash in my wallet for months.

Anyway. Your subject got me thinking about technology and communication. I was thinking perhaps one day, through technology, we will be able to communicate with one another by just thinking it. Like a wireless phone call except all done by brainwaves. Then I started thinking about how God communicates to us through the Holy Spirit. Could one day, the 2 forms of "communication" merge? Perhaps one day we will discover how to "tune in" to God's wave length and communicate more directly and consistently.

Back in the days of the Old Testament. Even today's cell phone technology would have been considered a bona fide miracle. Is it possible that the angels here on Earth, used or use technology to communicate with one another? Afterall, the "Nephilim" according to ancient Sumerian texts--if they were actually what we call angels--taught mankind the sciences... irrigation, calendar making, astronomy, etc. Not a far stretch to say they were/are technologically advanced. I believe it was halfabo and a few others here who postulated that "aliens," reportedly flying around in spaceships, are actually angels... both good and bad.

Interesting to think about but I don't know where all that leads. It could just be a waste of time.
frrostedman

Postby khanster » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:24 pm

A human being consists of body, soul, and spirit. Ray Kurzweil and others are proposing that in the near future by 2030 - 2045 or so, the human mind will be uploaded into a computer and the technological singularity will occur. Machines will figure out how to make themselves smarter and then even smarter and their intelligence will skyrocket and go off the charts. That raises a serious question with regards to the existence of the soul and the spirit. Would the computerized brain emulation of the person be the same as the real person or would it just be a copy? Would the copy actually be a self aware mind or would it just be a machine program?

Some people will begin to see the writing on the wall and rage against the machines. Others will see the intelligent machines as us giving birth to a new type of superior life form. The two groups could clash and the war of wars could cause billions of deaths. :wall:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_de_Garis

Hugo de Garis...

He has more recently been noted for his belief that a major war between the supporters and opponents of intelligent machines, resulting in billions of deaths, is almost inevitable before the end of the 21st century. He suggests AIs may simply eliminate the human race, and humans would be powerless to stop them because of technological singularity. This prediction has attracted debate and criticism from the AI research community, and some of its more notable members, such as Kevin Warwick, Bill Joy, Ken MacLeod, Ray Kurzweil, and Hans Moravec, have voiced their opinions on whether or not this future is likely.

:think:
khanster

Postby greeney2 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:03 am

This sounds a lot like the movie Frankenstein. Save me the lecture Orangetom where people can not relate to life, without referring to the movies or Television. :lol: Let say they could upload the human mind into a computer, question might be did the assistant go steal the abnormal brain again? What brain would we upload and use, and from what point in age and life, gender, etc. We assume we all have brains, but no brain is the same in its operation, beyond to basic instincts to eat, sleep, breath, and have a heartbeat. Every brain has different performance, reacts and responds different, and developed different interests, excels in one thing but not another, and have different emotions, compassion, empathy, love or hate tendencies, and the drive to do good or do bad things with that brain.

We have great ability in the computer world, but things like manual dexterity tasks, are not even close to being perfected, even know we have tactile sensors for picking and placing delicate things. Making a complete functioning entity like a human mind, with a body that mimics mechanically, may be possible someday, but how do you program for emotion, compassion, empathy, human traits, that are subject to complex thinking. Another movie 2001, "Hal" takes over control, with the total lack of these things. The potential and vision may be there, but is the reality of actually uploading computers to live on forever is intriguing. Man is not without limits, so how could a copy of the human brain ever be limitless, and without fallibility, even with the most perfect brains to copy?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:10 pm

greeney2 wrote:This sounds a lot like the movie Frankenstein. Save me the lecture Orangetom where people can not relate to life, without referring to the movies or Television. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
I thought the same exact thing as soon as I read the word "Frankenstein" and then when you said that to OT I laughed out loud. Ha!

On that subject, I'd like to ask OT if he doesn't realize that movies and television are nothing more than the expression of what is in the mind of the presenter. First comes the person, then the idea, then the movie. You know, not so much today, but throughout history it was considered admirable to read books all the time and express many of your thoughts and ideas through the experiences you have collected through your readings. Movies and television are just the same thing using another apparatus.

Truth be told, movies and television are a less powerful device to affect someone's thoughts and ideas than books. Why, because movies and television have to rely completely on special effects and production to instill powerful ideas. The author of a book on the other hand, gets to use your imagination to fill in the gaps. If the author words the idea just right, using just the right imagery and other tools, the reader will form their own image in their mind using their own imagination, and walk away with a much more powerful message.

My conclusion on all that is, movies and television are just an extension of what used to be books, newspapers, and magazines. And truth be told, movies and television are a less effective tool of persuasion.

I am not 100% sure I would have converted to Christianity if it weren't for a couple of science fiction movies I saw. They affected me so profoundly, my whole paradigm changed and it left me ripe for the picking. What's so strange is, one of the movies "The Matrix" didn't affect anyone else I've known in that way. In fact, every person I've known that's seen the movie, didn't pick up any Christian messaging in it whatsoever. I have to remind them by letting them see some video clips of the movie and then they're like, "oh yeah, I see it now." Weird. It had an instant effect on me, in part helping me convert to Christ, while everyone else I knew didn't even see the message.
frrostedman

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts