The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Someone has gone too far...

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby blackvault » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:47 pm

at1with0 wrote:Why would you think a world of puppies and rainbows all the time is what heaven would even remotely be like? THAT is a big assumption.

Well you are saying it is a place void of death, sin, and all things bad, right? If there is no ill feelings, no bad, no evil, no sin, what else would it be?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Jesus even told his apostles to be as wise as a serpent and as innocent as a dove. Have knowledge of sin and evil but do not commit any sins.

One can have knowledge of pain and suffering even if they are not in pain nor are they suffering. So, yeah, we could all be full of peace, bliss, and love (in heaven and on earth) and still have free will.

Does God even have free will? If it is omniscient, then can it deviate from the course of fate that it is aware of ? Or is God not bound by human reasoning?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:35 pm

at1with0 wrote:Why would you think a world of puppies and rainbows all the time is what heaven would even remotely be like? THAT is a big assumption.

Here is how pathetic and shallow I am.

I know Heaven awaits me in the afterlife and yet, I don't want to die. Ever. I am so filled with excitement about where technology will take us that I want to live to see it all. I want to be here to see what it will be like when we have internet contact lenses... I want to see what lies beyond that. I want to see how far we can go with virtual reality.

I still strongly believe (as you know) that we live in a virtual reality to begin with. From the very beginning it seems, mankind has been driven to find a way out of this reality and into another one. It's just a matter of time before we will be able to strap in, close our eyes, and enter a completely virtual reality, unable to tell the difference. I so want to be here for that.

I heard on the radio about a year ago that it was about 5 years away until there would be a pill available that would extend our lives by up to 40 years. I wish they'd hurry up with that thing.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts