The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Greeney2 is back

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:01 am

Greeney: So sorry I slept thru your ordeal, forgive me. I'm happy to see you pecking away again. Nothing but good thoughts over here in Indiana. We need to catch up on a few things so sharpen your sword and dust off that dictionary. lol :>)

I've been hibernating, and yes, still no cable TV...It's been 18 mo's now and no thoughts of hooking it back up... I'll be tripping your trigger in the coming days...again. Very happy that you're coming along and gaining traction.

Best,

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks Cole, Merry Christmas to you and your family. John Sr. :D
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Who won the chess tournament?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 am

John won again, but as usual it was a great tournament. We had one game that ended up in a stalemate naturally. With us, one may be really ahead and the other down to his last pieces so try to make it 10 moves with only a king left for a stalemate. Its like running for your life kind of retreat. This time we both were down to each having a rook and the king, which were both diagonal to the kings, so we both took each others rooks, leaving only the 2 kings on the board. It just happened the way we both were trying to trap the King. That was a true stalemate.

John got a new chess set that was given to him via his work. It was a custom made set made from beautiful mahogany and ash. It had something I have never seen before. John thought opening it for the first time, they messed up and included 2 queens by mistake, both our hearts sunk thinking the set would be missing another piece. After opening it completely, discovered the set was so well though out, they gave an extra queen for each color, in the event your pawn made it across the board, and became a queen. I still am very impressed with the person making that. I have never seen it before, even in cheap plastic sets where it would be easy to include.

Happy New Year At1! :)
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:03 am

I wish you the best, G2. And happy new year!
So... are you completely out of the woods but you have to make some major lifestyle changes it sounds like?
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Yes, exactly what I have to do and been doing since September At1. The holidays didn't help as far as calories is concerned, but back on the horse again now. My PT still continued through the holidays, and now back to my regular routine of diet, and PT 3 times a week. When I have exhausted all the Ins. coverage for that, I will enroll in the maintenance program at the place and continue on my own. They have a very affordable program and all your therapists are there, all the equipment, along with other people for the same reasons. You form friendships and a common bond, everyone encourages each other. Thanks for the good vibes and thoughts. :)
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:29 am

You're welcome.

Sounds intense!
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 am

No not really At1, other than the fact I have just embraced, going and doing, my work outs, which are a lot of different basic and not physically too hard to do, just a lot of them to remember. It is a little different from going to a gym for a grueling work out. My workouts take between 2-3 hours total, and include arm bicycle, regular bicycle, treadmill, weight machine, plus a whole regime of other things, walking, balance and proper breathing. Learning how to inhale and exhale at a rate to get rid of CO2 in the lungs. habits of holding your breathe, are part of that. My diet probably is along the lines of a proper diabetics diet, counting calories, fat, and controlling carbs, which was something I didn't know much about before this. What I need to do now, is add regular walking daily on all my off days of PT, even if it is short walks.

Like anything else, you get out of something, what you put into it. I do my PT with a group that range in the severity of their lung problems. I consider myself pretty lucky, compared to some of the folks who are pretty advanced. Not sure how severe some are other than observing what they are able to do, some are advanced in cancers, others, really advanced in age, COPD, and capability. Some are much younger than me, but seem to be really struggling with some exercises. Many have to do them with oxygen, while I do not. I'm sure many were life long smokers, I never smoked, or drank. Some of the older ones really resist and complain what they know they have to do. I just put it in my mind to do everything, and know that the ones that are hardest of the ones you need to do most.

I loved the holidays, but glad to get back to my program, eating and PT.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 pm

what happened to you?
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:03 pm

A combination of COPD early signs, and sleep apnea, I was retaining CO2 in my lungs, that would make me out of breath.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts