The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Unidentified Flying Objects

Sceptical about UFOs

Although some attribute UFOs to being an ALIEN technology, it really isn't. Inside this forum, you are welcome to talk about UFOs, sightings, case files, and new events. Feel free to post videos, photographs, and whatever other evidence you want to share!

Postby Ironside » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:57 am

How many of you honestly believe that aliens are visiting this world? Close Encounters of the Third Kind is in my top five favourite films of all times, however I am even more sceptical now than I ever have been that aliens are continuing to visit Earth.

There are two major factors which make me doubt they are coming here. Firstly, why on earth would they fly around our skies covered in lights if they didn't want us to know they were there? Also, any alien race that has the technology to travel to our world would not put themselves in a position where they would either crash, or end up as captives. Their technology would not allow them to crash, it would have far exceed any technology we will have for the next 10,000 years.

You have also got to look at the technology that we have nowadays. We have telescopes and cameras that enable us to see solar storms erupting from the sun, far-off galaxies and identify new planets. We have even been able to send robotic vehicles to Mars. With all this technology available, we are still not able to take a half decent photograph or video footage of something flying around our airspace.

I'm sure that any self-respecting alien race out there will have more important things to do than visit a planet that is quite obviously thousands of years behind them
Ironside

Postby tjs323626 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:07 pm

How about a NASA photo of an ET? They can be found on Google earth-mars.
tjs323626

Postby thunder » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Ironside want to be a sceptic it seems. hasn't bothered to look. or that would change quickly.
thunder

Postby Ironside » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:12 am

Okay thunder, you show me one credible piece of evidence that proves the existence of UFOs coming from beyond this planet and I may change my mind. However, you will not be able to provide any evidence that proves 100% that any thing flying around in our skies is not of this world, apart from a meteorite of course. I haven't come here to try and wind people up, I would absolutely love to believe that aliens have visited Earth, but I just don't see any evidence that proves this. The problem we've got now is technology, even available to amateurs enables anyone to set up a really credible hoax, it's absolutely impossible to tell what is real and what is not. I've been watching the UFO files on every program is the same, lots of talk and speculation, but no decent video or photographic evidence to back up these peoples claims. Even the stories of people who claim to have been abducted are absolutely absurd. How can anyone be beamed up through the walls of the house. If light can't penetrate a solid wall, then solid matter definitely won't be able to.

Probably the most interesting case of UFO phenomenon is the one that happened in 1980 at Rendlesham Forest. However, I have watched I don't know how many programs regarding this story and everybody stories seem to change, or get elaborated on, you don't know what is true and what isn't now. A few years ago they were talking about seeing alien life form appear in the field, I haven't heard anything about that in 10 years. It seems that Col Holt is not the flavour of the month any more, two other chap seemed to be doing the rounds nowadays with their outlandish story. I don't believe for 1 min that they saw the lighthouse, there was definitely something in the forest, but I strongly suspect it was something to do with the military. The fact that no residents living in the area saw anything is also quite strange. Anyway, I could go on about loads of cases that puzzle me, but none of them proved the existence of aliens.

The latest story is that Pres Kennedy was assassinated because he wanted to spill the beans on all this alien stuff, what a load of old mumbo-jumbo. And as for there being an alien base on the moon, again where is the evidence? There is a photograph with a small portion of the picture covered up, apparently to hide the base. Personally, I couldn't see anything suspicious in the photo when they showed it. If there are any aliens living on the moon, they're called the Clangers :-)
Ironside

Postby Firefly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Ironside, you have to understand and accept one thing about some of the individuals on this forum, they don't care about PROOF of extraterrestrial visitation. They want it to be true so badly they are willing to accept whatever anyone says as fact without corroborative proof. Some make up whatever they want, state it as fact, and others swallow it hook, line , and sinker.
Firefly

Postby Ironside » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Firefly wrote:Ironside, you have to understand and accept one thing about some of the individuals on this forum, they don't care about PROOF of extraterrestrial visitation. They want it to be true so badly they are willing to accept whatever anyone says as fact without corroborative proof. Some make up whatever they want, state it as fact, and others swallow it hook, line , and sinker.

I know what you mean. I've known people who simply see a light in the sky and absolutely convinced it's a UFO from another planet. There's one thing that I am absolutely certain of, we are not alone in the universe, I think it would be arrogant of us to think we are the only ones here.

I do sometimes wonder how long people are going to continue searching for what they believe. I was watching a programme on Channel 4 the other day, it was presented by Mark Evans. They were looking for evidence of Bigfoot, yeti etc. They were not actually looking for it, just the evidence to prove that it exists.Basically they DNA tested various samples which proved beyond doubt that these so-called sightings are nothing more than animals that we have known about for hundreds of years. I suppose it's nice to have a belief, even if it's a little far-fetched. At least it gives us something to ponder and wonder about. Everybody likes a conspiracy theory, and just about every event that has happened in the last hundred years has a conspiracy theory behind it.
Ironside

Postby thunder » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:01 pm

:) beleave what you want. one place to start ironside is go to video look at the urzi case. its not a case of belief now. oh it was the same as you. until this redish orange "craft" came with in 40 feet of me in front of three more people was here at that time. I KNOW what we saw. cant change that. wish I could at times. just spend some time out side looking UP. most nights it dosnt take more then an hour. and others nothing happens. when you see something up there darting in all directions. doubt it then. whether you bleave it or not is of no concern to me. LOOK for yourself.
thunder

Postby Firefly » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:00 am

I saw that documentary also and the individuals interviewed were all certain what they observed was not a bear or wolf but a real live bigfoot. Smeja(?) was absolutely convinced the creature he shot, held as it died, and then buried was a juvenile bigfoot. I have met many people who are similarly convinced of what they observe. They are honest truthful people certain what they saw was a real tangible creature roaming the forest or a UFO flying in the sky. They were absolutely convinced what they saw was real and all we can do is accept or reject their claim based on their credibility. Although they are unable to prove what they observed was real, it certainly seemed real to them at the time and no one and nothing can convince them otherwise. When asked to prove it they become frustrated and angry, some to the point of aggression. However, in order to establish proof there has to be solid irrefutable and tangible evidence that can be corroborated. Observations, no matter how real they seem to the observer at the time, are merely the perceptions of the observer(s).
Firefly

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:38 pm

Ironside wrote:There are two major factors which make me doubt they are coming here. Firstly, why on earth would they fly around our skies covered in lights if they didn't want us to know they were there? Also, any alien race that has the technology to travel to our world would not put themselves in a position where they would either crash, or end up as captives. Their technology would not allow them to crash, it would have far exceed any technology we will have for the next 10,000 years.

You have also got to look at the technology that we have nowadays. We have telescopes and cameras that enable us to see solar storms erupting from the sun, far-off galaxies and identify new planets. We have even been able to send robotic vehicles to Mars. With all this technology available, we are still not able to take a half decent photograph or video footage of something flying around our airspace.

I'm sure that any self-respecting alien race out there will have more important things to do than visit a planet that is quite obviously thousands of years behind them

Despite all of our wonderful advancements and technology, we still experience crashes. Technology is a tool and cannot prevent or predict every possible scenario. Yes, we've achieved all of those wonderful milestones, but to an advanced species this is all child's play. Are we not curious about ancient civilizations we deem "primitive"? The fact that we have several fields of expertise suggests that we are. Why? Don't we have more important things to do? What or who is a credible source, by your estimation?

Firefly wrote:Observations, no matter how real they seem to the observer at the time, are merely the perceptions of the observer(s).

The problem with that assessment is that modern physics and psychology cannot easily or readily explain away these perceptions and often try to in a very condescending way. Observations from witnesses are acceptable and credible sources of information when conducting any investigation, if they were not then no one would bother conducting them. Unless you're suggesting that many in the field of psychology have wasted years of their lives and money attaining their degrees, which I might be inclined to agree with to an extent, since most of what passes for psychology today still resides in the philosophical and theoretical realms. Considering what they used to do to people, just a few short decades ago, I'm not convinced that they're as smart as they think they are. Skepticism is fine, even healthy, but attacking those who come forward and making broad generalizations about their mental state is not.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby Firefly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:41 pm

I spent an entire career investigating crime and incidents such as traffic accidents, etc. As an investigator, one expects variation in the content of statements by witnesses to an incident. Rarely do two witnesses give identical testimony unless they mutually discuss what they will say they observed. The discussion will inevitably effect how each recalls the facets of their personal observation and it will also cause a change in perception of both observers. While statements by witnesses are important, collected, analyzed, and compared they have to be backed up with corroborative evidence. Statements cannot stand alone as PROOF, only as evidence, because they are subjective in nature and based on the unique perceptions and biases of the observer. This is not to say the observer is intentionally making a false statement, they may very well be telling the absolute truth, AS THEY SEE IT. The mental state of an observer often does have a profound effect perception, as do one's personal needs and agendas. All of these factors create the need for corroboration. Skepticism is healthy if the skeptic does not let it become overwhelming suspicion and closed mindedness.
Firefly

Next

Return to Unidentified Flying Objects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts