The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Attention AQUATANK!!!!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby sandra » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:26 pm

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!
And to Aquatank, I can not find the book you once recommended to me about the history of Santa Claus and St Nick. It was a fascinating book and I can not remember the TITLE!!!
HELP!!!
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Hey Sandra, glad to see you drop in. :D Been very quiet around here, I'm sure many have just been lurking but not posting. Hope you are well, and life treating you good. Need you doing some posting so we can liven things up a little around here.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:39 pm

I searched Santa key word and aquatank for you and found this. Is this what you were looking for?

post53108.html?hilit=Santa#p53108
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Murray Christ-Mass, Sandra!

And to the rest of you heathens as well, as I guess.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Firefly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Wing Zero, I just read your signature and took a few minutes to ponder its validity. I can agree that war is generally fueled by economic issues. It is not an extension of diplomacy but the result of failed diplomatic efforts. Economics and diplomacy are only two of many methods of securing resources and securing resources is only one of many necessary behaviors of humans. There are many combinations and war is only one of many possibilities. Therefore you conclusion may be in error.
Firefly

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Firefly wrote:It is not an extension of diplomacy but the result of failed diplomatic efforts.

Ah, but you see that is still part of the entire diplomatic process. From the start to the conclusion, whatever that conclusion might be, is all based on the relationship between two or more parties. Even if it deteriorates and violence becomes the sole outcome, it is a result of that process.

Economics and diplomacy are only two of many methods of securing resources and securing resources is only one of many necessary behaviors of humans.

Absolutely correct, but I never said they were the only two methods. Just that they are methods used. Humans must secure resources (water and food) to survive. We defend these resources to the death, and if it seems like there is more competition than is worthwhile, we move to a new spot not populated by other individuals in the hopes of becoming sole 'owners' of said resources. Why do you think humanity migrated across the entire globe?

There are many combinations and war is only one of many possibilities. Therefore you conclusion may be in error.

I would agree with this, although when it comes right down to it we live in a finite world with a finite amount of resources. Until we create a way to replicate our essentials infinitely, people will struggle, some will die, and others will flourish. There will always be conflict until the day that there isn't, and if someone needs something bad enough, something that without it they will surely perish, they will do whatever necessary to obtain it.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts