The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

WHERE WERE YOU ? November 22, 1963

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby thunder » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:40 pm

I was entering a little store to get a coke when it was broadcast over the radio.
thunder

Postby Nesaie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:12 pm

I wasn't born yet.

I know where I was when Reagan got shot.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:13 pm

And I know where I was when John Lennon got shot.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby greeney2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:22 am

10th grade English class when the announcement was made. I just had dinner with 4 friends to celebrate ones birthday, and 3 or the 4 of us were in the same class to hear it.
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 pm

About 27 years off from being born.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 am

HI Wing, glad to see you posting. :)
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:41 am

On NOvember 22, 1963 we lived on Spruce Drive at Lockbournd AFB just outside of Columbus, Ohio. I was in the living room listening to my Mothers olde Grundig Short Wave Radio on a local AM station and Ironing my fathers uniform. It was suddenly anounced over the radio and we were a bit stunned and wondering if it was part of the program. Then it was broadcasted again. We quickly turned on our olde black and white General Electric television set and watched it on the news with Walter Cronkite.

I still have my mothers olde Grundig Short wave set up in my garage.

I still remember that all these years later. It was as if the whole complexion..whole demeanour of the nation..the whole pulse of a nation changed overnight.
A part of our innocence was taken from us.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:29 am

Yes, it was a shock to the nation, and we all were glued to the coverage over the next several days. In those days you only had TV with a few channels, no 500 channels to go to something else. We had also not seen this kind of thing in the nation. It was in a period well before the craze of assassinations, mass murders, gang problems, it just didn't happen in this country. Today, nothing surprises anyone, when you turn on the TV, and everyday is another Columbine, drive by shooting, hit and run, or something tragic.

We were frozen into this event for many days, waiting for the funeral and all the events that unfolded, with Oswald, and Jack Ruby shooting him. And it was not for several more years that the Zepruter films were discovered. We have actually never been without the memory and controversy of the JFK assassination, and now because of that, a great distrust in the government, conspiracy, and the truth, is part of our lives.
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts