The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Happy Veteran's Day

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Thank You to all our Veteran's for serving our country and assuring our freedom is never in doubt. Take a moment today to reflect on what their service means to you personally. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back if you are one of them who served in one of our armed forces, and never sell yourself short, that your job in the military was important, and part of the entire military. You served as clerks, typists, motor pool mechanics, supply on some base somewhere, or maybe was on a ship in the galley, the engine room, or a gun turret. Some were part of an air wing in the Navy or Marine Corp, worked in the hydraulics dept., or sheet metal repairs, strapped in the pilots in Jets, or preflight inspected jets. That was my job for 6 years at Los Alamitos Navel Station, and El Toro Marine Base. I worked on A-4 Skyhawks for 4 years and OV-10 Bronco observation Jets for 2 years. I was stationed in the old Air ship Hangers in Tustin for Aviation training. Those buildings are still standing today, and still are the largest wood supported structure in the world. They had 200 feet high ceilings, and were 800 feet long. We all have our unique experience of serving, or know a Dad, or Uncle, or Brother, Sister, or Mother, who wore a uniform of one of our armed forces. We should all be proud of them, and thankful everyday, for their service.
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts