The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Dexter--Finale spoiler warning!

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Don't recall season 3, what was the ending on that one?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm

That was the one with the Latino prosecuting attorney and "the skinner."
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:20 am

Lets face it, after 8 seasons any series starts to run out of gas, for new creative writing. I think the season with John Lithgow raised to bar so high it was hard to top. They had a good run, we enjoyed it, we will miss Dexter.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:46 am

Now that it's over.. I'll probably start watching it on Netflix and catch up from the beginning :) Sometimes, it;s more fun to do it that way -- and we've managed to not hear about any cliffhangers... or if we do... it really doesn't mean anything and we forget.

Sabrena (my wife) and I did that with The Walking Dead... and now we can't wait for the next season to start.

Although Dexter is over -- it's nice to have ALL episodes at your fingertips.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:50 am

You can totally skip season 3; it was very forgettable but a few important events occurred, like his marriage in the final episode.

Season 4 with John Lithgow was awesome, yes. Way to bounce back from a crummy season.

Seasons 1 and 2 are golden. I have re-watched these seasons a lot because I love them so much and I expose others to Dexter with them.

My favorite cliffhanger was Debra walking in on a kill, Travis Marshall, at the end of season 6. I thought season 7 was also somewhat pedestrian but not as much as 8.

Don't get me wrong, even a bad season of Dexter is still way ahead of other shows.
at1with0

Postby blackvault » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:51 am

LOL. *ahem* -- as I was saying, I was trying to stay away from the spoilers :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:37 am

For some reason I thought you had seen 8 and I assumed you had already watched 1-7....my bad for not reading your post carefully enough.
at1with0

Postby blackvault » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:45 am

No worries... it's dad (greeney2) that is the big fan. I've never seen an episode :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:59 am

if you dont like episode 1, give it a chance...you'll be hooked by episode 4 or sooner. :thumbup:
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 am

Start with season one, you will not be able to stop. Back in those first days they edited it for regular TV and we saw it quite edited. When we watched it all again unedited, we realized sister Debra was a lot more colorful in the uncut version. Once you see how Debra talks, there is no way to edit it for regular TV. I'm not sure what is more amazing, the Dexter series itself, or Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter, being able to carry off such a chemistry together after a real life divorce for several seasons. John when you get into it, you will not be able to stop, 8 seasons is a lot to catch up on. I'm not sure eliminating season 3 is a good idea. Jimmy Smits I thought played a good part, but nobody will top John Lithgow.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts