The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Dexter--Finale spoiler warning!

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby at1with0 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:33 am

greeney2 wrote:We spent last night and today watching all of the season 8 from the first one. We had seen the first 5, but refreshed our memories, and watched them 1-11 and finished #11 just in time to watch the finale. I won't spoil anything, but how they end it will left us saying "Wow". All I'm going to say is we have been Dexter fans and will miss the series. I think Dexter has definitely taken the #1 spot for shocker endings of all time, with the ending of Rita, moving "Who shot JR"? into second place after a few decades of biggest cliffhanger awards.

When everyone has seen the ending, we can discuss it, don't want to spoil it for anyone. We rushed thru all the season on demand so we would not hear the Monday morning news about it, and spoil the finale for us.

I'm gonna watch it later today. Thanks for not spoiling it!
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Bionic was also a big fan, wonder if she has been watching it?
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:43 am

Well, a few days have past so hopefully everyone has seen the ending of Dexter. I think you really have to "go with the flow" a little and not think too hard about some of the obvious questions. First, the question to all the cops, was where did Debra go? How did she end up missing from the hospital, as Dexter just wheels her out, and loads her in his boat, with nobody around asking a question. One little fact was given when Dexter was trying to sell the boat, and listed all the equipment to the buyer, who only care about a big enough beer cooler. He told him he had an emergency raft, which explains how he got back to shore. The question of where Harrison went to all the cops is unanswered, plus how Dexter could imagine he would be safe forever, separated from his brother and sister (written out of show) forever, and that she would really raise him right. Leaves a lot to the imagination, but still leaves the door open to a "Dexter Returns" special. Somehow I think we have not seen the total end of Dexter's life, and how long he can remain a anonymous normal person in a logging camp. Seemingly his Father delusion has now left him, as Dad said "You don't need me anymore". Dexter is never caught as the person he was, and Debra was never caught for killing La Guarta, and in the eyes of the law got away with everything. In the end, Bastita and Joey, both knew Dexter murdered the brain surgeon with the pen, but only wanted to have a good excuse to say it was OK, as he was who really murdered Debra. They didn't care Dexter did him in, so called it a self defense. We are going to miss the series, I think a sequel of some sort will follow. I hope that Jennifer Carpenter gets a well deserved Emmy for her character of Debra. Thought of a possible return plot, where Dexter is still living now has his delusional conversations with sister Debra, to drive him out of exile. He is still driven to find out if Harrison is OK. She could be a interesting force, and maybe conflicting force with both the Father and herself from the dead. The writers are pretty creative, they could pull it off.
Last edited by greeney2 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:07 am

This can be a spolier

Hint: There is an icon that looks like a white box when you type in a message. You can "HIDE" any spoiler type messages there, like I did above.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:35 am

I tried to us that, but when I previewed it, it showed blank with no text, and I could not get the text of what I wrote to appear. Probably did it wrong. how do you make the text appear so you can read it?
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 am

Ignore the problem you had -- it's been fixed if you want to try it again...
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:10 am

Not sure what you did, but I edited my post and it worked. You are a genius. Thank You! :D
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:42 am

I thought the ending was kinda lame, tbh. I'll take the final episode of every season is better than the end of season 8, except 3 perhaps.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Like I said you had to "go with the flow" so to speak and ignore some of the obvious technical problems and questions with the ending, like nobody noticing Dexter taking Debra into a boat, how they ignored her coming up missing from the hospital, where did Harrison disappear to, etc etc. I can tell you spending a few days in ICU myself, the second Dexter would have disconnected Debra, nurses would have been in the room in a few seconds, they are watching everything from the nurses stations. Anyone who works in a hospital would say, "No Way" could that happen. I think they pieced a lot of things together in the end very sloppily, that in actuality could have never happened how they portrayed it. The ending takes a lot of imagination on the watchers part to accept it could have happened like it did. Thats show biz! :lol:
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, it sucked... Every other finale except season 3 was better than this one.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts