The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

High School AP History Book Rewrites 2nd Amendment

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Daily Paul Liberty Forum wrote:Submitted by RobHino on Mon, 09/16/2013 - 02:52
in
Daily Paul Liberty Forum (Source and special thanks: http://www.dailypaul.com/299365/high-sc ... -amendment)

512m+YzMGWL._SY346_.jpg
512m+YzMGWL._SY346_.jpg (19.9 KiB) Viewed 677 times

Guyer High School (and obviously several others) are complicit in attempting to condition students to interpret the 2nd Amendment in a clearly opposite manner in which it was intended. The 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th are also misinterpreted as several commenters below pointed out.

This textbook, currently being used by Guyer High School, is attempting to redefine the Second Amendment to impressionable young minds. Parents, you must speak up and demand action. Investigate your child's history book ASAP, and post more pictures in the comments below. Call your school and demand that revisionist history books like this are removed from the school district.

Textbook version: "The people have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia."

Actual 2nd Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Did you catch the sleight of hand?

A militia is a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies. It's a common man army of citizens, NOT soldiers. The citizens are called up in emergencies to protect the free State.

The 2nd Amendment says that a militia is necessary to protect a free State, so in order to be able to have a militia, the citizens have a natural right to keep and bear arms and the government cannot infringe on that right.

2nd-amendment.jpg
2nd-amendment.jpg (100.16 KiB) Viewed 677 times

The textbook version implies that we're only allowed to keep and bear arms if we're in a State militia, a clear misrepresentation of the 2nd Amendment.

Your Call to Action:

1. Call Guyer High School and tell the appropriate person something like the following:

"Hello, my name is _______________. I saw that your AP History course has issued a book titled, United States History: Preparing for the Advanced Placement Examination. In this book, on page 102, the definition provided for the Second Amendment is incorrect and seems to be suggesting that only members of a State Militia are allowed to keep and bear arms. Who made the decision to use this text book? I'd like them to issue a public statement on this book's attempt to redefine the 2nd Amendment and why they chose to use it. We would also like this issue to be discussed at the next school board meeting. Please include it on the official agenda."

John H. Guyer High School
7501 Teasley Lane
Denton, TX 76210
P: 940-369-1000

2. If you live in the area or if you child attends this school, organize with your neighbors and storm the next school board meeting to demand answers.

School Board Meeting

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:00 PM

The Denton ISD Board of Trustees will be meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, in the Board Room at the Dennis Stephens Central Services Building. For more information please contact Kim Stevenson, administrative assistant to the superintedent, at (940) 369-0002.

3. Inspect your child's history book and photograph other instances of intentional misrepresentations. Post pictures and blog about these occurrences. Demand your school districts regain control of their curriculum.

4. Share this story with your friends, family, and media connections to raise awareness.

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Kim Stevenson, Admin to the Superintendent.

1. Board members will not address any speaking on an item that is not part of the official agenda.

2. A community member could not add an item to the agenda.

3. You must sign in at Kim's desk in order to speak. You can speak up to 2 times and for 3 minutes. If a large number of us are attending we can assign a person to be our spokesperson and they may possibly give that person extra time.

The state adopts the textbooks every couple of years. She advised that besides attending next week's board meeting that we also speak with Darrell Muncy, Director of Student Services or speak with someone in the curriculum department.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Can't wait until my kid enters the school system -- because if/when I see stuff like this in "History" books -- I am going to be all over it in the name of teaching the REAL history of our country, our REAL rights as an American, and our REAL expectations in our school systems teaching our next generation.

With the events that have unfolded in the past 36 hours with an attack at a military base -- I believe these stories are very relevant and will be even moreso as stupid politicians stand on the tombstones of victims while their blood is still wet on the floor to push their stupid agendas!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:39 pm

blackvault wrote:Can't wait until my kid enters the school system -- because if/when I see stuff like this in "History" books -- I am going to be all over it in the name of teaching the REAL history of our country, our REAL rights as an American, and our REAL expectations in our school systems teaching our next generation.

With the events that have unfolded in the past 36 hours with an attack at a military base -- I believe these stories are very relevant and will be even moreso as stupid politicians stand on the tombstones of victims while their blood is still wet on the floor to push their stupid agendas!

You've always been a tough defender of the homeland, John. I can only imagine how much fiercer you'll become once that child is born. My kids don't even bring their books home, something our school system encourages. I'm starting to wonder why now. Is there something in them that they don't want me to see?
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby Rob61872 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm all for the right to keep and bare arms... But can we al least keep the document in perspective, and use some common sense?

1. It was written 200 years ago, when the nation had no real military, unlike today, where that small little group of colonies grew to possess the most powerful military force in human history... The security of this nation is not dependent on my next door neighbor having a Ruger in a locked box on the top shelf of his bedroom closet, his house security may be dependent on it.

2. The enemy 200 years ago was armed with... Wait for it... Muskets and cannons. And the militia was armed with... Hold for it... Muskets and cannons. Unless you support the average idiot, who can't launch a bottle rocket without causing a 3 alarm fire, owning an arsenal of rocket launchers, and surface to air missiles, a long with tanks, just in case, there isn't much weaponry that is either affordable or practical for the average Joe to own that will fend off a military attack from a foreign country (or our own), the only reason rebels in other nations are able to fight is because they're armed by other nations with military equipment free of a monetary charge. I seriously doubt the U.S. government is afraid of citizens owning hand guns, it's military destroys other militaries in days.

The argument is lost when you try to use national security to defend people owning hand guns... The right to defend ones self is the only legit reason.
Rob61872

Postby greeney2 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah they only had to worry about single shot pop guns and sling shots in those days, and the British, not the bloods and the crips, or God forbid Islamic sleeper cells. Hard to figure how the most bloody wars, even today were some of those wars in the 1800's, with the carnage they made. I guess the settlers had all the protection they needed in those days against a band of indians with just their knives and tomahawks, and other things they had to do grizzly things to you, or put you on a stake and burn you alive. The Constitution grants us the right to bare arms, and I think that meant more than being able to blow out the match, before they burn you on that stake. :lol: If you don't mind, I think I want some real fire power just in case some jerk and his pals want to do a home invasion at 3AM. :P And while we are watching the last few days in the middle east, imagine sleeper cells that start doing these things in our malls, or places of worship, and start doing public beheadings with no more than some kitchen knives.
greeney2

Postby The_Joker » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:09 am

Rob61872 wrote:I'm all for the right to keep and bare arms... But can we al least keep the document in perspective, and use some common sense?

1. It was written 200 years ago, when the nation had no real military, unlike today, where that small little group of colonies grew to possess the most powerful military force in human history... The security of this nation is not dependent on my next door neighbor having a Ruger in a locked box on the top shelf of his bedroom closet, his house security may be dependent on it.

2. The enemy 200 years ago was armed with... Wait for it... Muskets and cannons. And the militia was armed with... Hold for it... Muskets and cannons. Unless you support the average idiot, who can't launch a bottle rocket without causing a 3 alarm fire, owning an arsenal of rocket launchers, and surface to air missiles, a long with tanks, just in case, there isn't much weaponry that is either affordable or practical for the average Joe to own that will fend off a military attack from a foreign country (or our own), the only reason rebels in other nations are able to fight is because they're armed by other nations with military equipment free of a monetary charge. I seriously doubt the U.S. government is afraid of citizens owning hand guns, it's military destroys other militaries in days.

The argument is lost when you try to use national security to defend people owning hand guns... The right to defend ones self is the only legit reason.

Oh goodie perspective... :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

1. America has a Military that is currently enforcing U.S policy in other countries fighting wars on 2 fronts and Obama wants a third Theatre of war opened up.

2. The troops that are home are either back from Afghanistan or Iraq and are on rotation to go back again or they are coming home in body-bags. :cry:

3. The Military is dwindling even with the stop gap policy and from what my understanding is at the current time, new enlistments are falling, which it seems is giving cause and reason for the use of reservists in foreign theatres of operations which also happen to increase the numbers of WIA and KIA it seems.

4. The National Guard are now being used in the Streets of America with claimed "Training" ... my question is "For what?

5. The enemy is indeed well armed with the latest high tech weaponry and they know how to use it, some claim that the enemy is within America itself and they would not be far wrong, many also claim that it is the U.S Government that is in fact the enemy of the American people. To further this point you have TSA Checkpoints, Border Patrol Checkpoints being unlawfully setup in the middle of the country far from Borders and Airports etc encroaching on your ever dwindling rights and basic freedoms your Constitution is supposed to guarantee.

6. Your 2nd Amendment is under attack as is the rest of your Constitution, if you think it is not you are sadly misinformed, attempts at so-called gun control via more laws to ban certain weapons by use of proven false flag operations will continue regardless of the 2nd Amendment and I suggest you loose the 2nd Amendment you will lose absolutely E V E R Y T H I N G.

7. It is my belief that, such laws of the States and even now your Federal Government of banning certain firearm for the sake of gun control sake without foundation in law as these laws are attempting to abridge or deny the 2nd Amendment and the spirit of the 2nd Amendment the ... Foundation Law of the land. IMHO the only form of real "Gun Control" required is a steady hand and a keen eye.

8. Not everyone agrees with one individuals right to arm themselves, not everyone agrees that an individual has the right to have in a personal armory, enough weapons of all descriptions to successfully start and maintain WW III ... but that is ... you guessed it your 1st Amendment right to say so and the gun owners 2nd Amendment right to have the armory of weapons.

9. Let's face an irrefutable fact of history, If it were not for the 2nd Amendment you would not have a 1st Amendment today or any other rights. (ask the Chinese or the Cubans)

10. It is a fact that you can legislate till you are blue in the face placing restrictions on all manner of weaponry, not necessarily firearms, even so, those who have criminal intent are going to use such weaponry to Kill, Mame or hurt others.

For some time now I have been watching with interest the "Open Carry" movement in the US with great interest, these people are trying to stop the Civil War that is coming IMHO ... and believe me when I say 'it IS coming' ... the writing is on the wall.

I am sad to say that the once strong and proud United States of America aint what she used to be and her decline began when Ronald Reagan left office. :( So, when you hear these words from an Australian (an outsider looking in) my advice is for you to take heed. :thumbup:
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby The_Joker » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:25 am

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby greeney2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:41 am

The common sense idea has gone right out the window IMHO, in many issues. Like this case the kids were playing in their yard, waiting for the bus. I herd a few other ridiculous stories myself, one in which a very young boy, early elementary grade was suspended for playing guns with his fingers in school, gesturing with his thumb and index finger like it was a gun. They called it a violation of zero tolerance for violence.

Another asinine example as we all know any pocket knife, no matter how small or innocent is considered a weapon on a campus. A field trip for 8th graders to Yosemine, which is a common middle school several day retreat. Several boys brought their Swiss army knives along in their pockets. They were campers and backpackers. All being ready for a short hike the teachers discovered a few had their pocket knives, something all boy scouts are trained to use, and they are one basic survival tools, when going into the back country IMHO. All of them were told to turn in the knives, they were not allowed to take them on the hike. How utterly stupid to not allow grown boys to have these on a hike into the back country, just in case they were needed for a serious event and survival necessity. In one word it is "ignorant" to confuse a gang or violent related idea of knifing someone on the trail, and not seeing these are boys capable of responsible use and handling of a survival knife, in this kind of situation. Whats next, not allowing an Ax for chopping up the firewood? Or nobody is allowed to have a steak knife to eat with?
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts