The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Dexter--Finale spoiler warning!

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:50 pm

So where is the story going now? Building up to something that is sure to be a big one. :o
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:16 am

I am a very unhappy camper with Time Warner/ Cablevision. We are among the 3 million just blacked out from CBS, a few local channels (9), one or two cable channels for old movies, and Showtime. We were blocked from seeing this weeks Dexter, and I let them know we were pissed about their CBS feud. They assured us we would have a rate adjustment, and I told them that was unacceptable, that it was about all the previous years paying for a PPV station, and faithfully watching a series everyone knows is in its FINALE season, and they pulled the rug out from everyone. Who cares about a $10 adjustment, I insist on my shows, I have paid for over decades, and paid through the nose for.

If you are affected, I hope you speak up with them, and tell them you are tired of being the consumer pawn in their negotiations.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:32 am

Been without Dexter now for 2 weekends, plus no CBS an the other local cable channels connected to them. Is anyone else affected by this same block out?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:45 am

i've one of the lucky ones able to watch.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:38 am

I'm sure I will be able to catch up at some point, hoping I do not find out the ending before. :( Glad you are getting to see it, we are really ticked off about it. Like they care! :lol:
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:12 pm

I missed it all since the CBS/ Showtimes were blocked from my cable. Just getting my house back together a little, had to do some remodeling, so will try and go back and watch it all from the beginning on demand. Luckily, I have not herd a word of the story line no nothing got spoiled.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm

After tonight, one left. :whistle:
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:37 am

Finally starting to catch up using On Demand. We only saw the first few weeks before the blackout, so started watching it from episode #1 last night. Did the same with Boardwalk empire, missed that on HBO while in hospital, but only had 2 episodes to catch up on, now we are up to the current week. Not sure if I cared enough for the Ray Donivan series we started watching, also on showtime.

On another subject, I never buy the PPV fights, but decided to buy the Mayweather/Canelo fight to watch with John because of all the things he has done to help in over the last few weeks. Turned out to be the biggest PPV ever, I think I herd Mayweather was going to make about $40 million alone off it. No where near the epic fights it should have been for that much hype and money. Definitely will not go down as something on the level of Ali/Fraiser or Sugar Ray/Hearns epic fights.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:08 am

I must say that season 8 leaves much to be desired compared to other seasons but I can't make a final judgement until the series ends on Sunday.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:56 pm

We spent last night and today watching all of the season 8 from the first one. We had seen the first 5, but refreshed our memories, and watched them 1-11 and finished #11 just in time to watch the finale. I won't spoil anything, but how they end it will left us saying "Wow". All I'm going to say is we have been Dexter fans and will miss the series. I think Dexter has definitely taken the #1 spot for shocker endings of all time, with the ending of Rita, moving "Who shot JR"? into second place after a few decades of biggest cliffhanger awards.

When everyone has seen the ending, we can discuss it, don't want to spoil it for anyone. We rushed thru all the season on demand so we would not hear the Monday morning news about it, and spoil the finale for us.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts