The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Thank you, and I appreciate the input, for this subject discussed in heated debate several years ago. I wish I could find what I had found back when the discussion was going, or thought to have posted the link, but I did not. It summarized basically what you just said in your own words, in that the lifestyle itself, generated the basis for so many suicides, and like anything else, they want to blame the entire world first, like religions, and anyone else they want to label "Homophobic" as cause.

The order of events you listed in a typical relationship, I find it interesting the order of the sex followed by love. Disarray and turmoil, is a nice way to describe what could be called, emotionally unstable, for many of these relationships, that fail, and a primary thing the study I found pointed to. Namely failed relations, break ups, rejections, within the lifestyle itself, as you say again and again. It is not the making of a healthy normal life pattern if relationships that full of disarray and trumoil . IMHO true long lasting, and true love relationships, may be what they hope to find, but in more cases than not, it just does not happen, leaving someone even further emotionally damaged.

Thanks En-Lugal for saying what you have seen, and your take on it.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9460
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Are you saying marriage for them should be prohibited because they have more troubles than us in relationships?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby blackvault » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:05 pm

En-Lugal wrote:Even the most minute of problems is portrayed in a "look at me and my enormous issues" every single day. They seem to crave attention, and demand recognition for their daily "trials and tribulations", or they lash out at everyone on their friend list as bigoted for having ignored them. If you do offer advice, and they don't want to hear it, doubly so. There is no winning with them, they have all of these issues but it's society's fault. I don't buy it, it's baloney as greeney2 stated. So yes, due to my personal observation, I would say the suicide rates fall on gays and not society as a whole. There are mean people, get a therapist, or suck it up already.


I, too, know a lot of "gay couples" and although there are some whiny bad apples in the bunch, the same can be said for straight males, straight females, and whomever else roams this planet. But in all, I do not notice an overwhelming, "Poor me, my problems are so large" attitude in the majority of gay people. I think that's an unfair, and unproven opinion.

greeney2 wrote: It summarized basically what you just said in your own words, in that the lifestyle itself, generated the basis for so many suicides, and like anything else, they want to blame the entire world first, like religions, and anyone else they want to label "Homophobic" as cause.


Although this mysterious, and still yet unnamed report, remains a myth, my guess is a) it isn't a reputable study or b) you're misreading what it said. I mean that respectfully, of course :)

Plain and simple, their "lifestyle" is not the cause of their higher suicide rate. It's the crappy treatment by idiots out there, AGAINST "their lifestyle." Were "black people" given the blame because of their treatment by racists and bigots? Because when you dissect it... they are "black," right? No... the label, stereotype, racism and ultimately the emotional and mental toll that takes on someone is due to the racist bashing and the racist bigot, NOT because they have a certain skin color.

To make that statement about "the gay population" is unfair and unfounded.

For the record, I am not a lefty, not part of any gay lobby, nor do I care to march in some rally. I simply feel we should all have the same rights, the same chances and the same freedoms. Because of an alternative lifestyle other than my own, which does not hurt anyone, doesn't constitute any open freedom for ridicule.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
User avatar
blackvault
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: North Hollywood, Ca.

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:40 am

at1with0 wrote:Are you saying marriage for them should be prohibited because they have more troubles than us in relationships?


That's a strange perception for you to have taken away from what I posted. Very strange, indeed.

But in all, I do not notice an overwhelming, "Poor me, my problems are so large" attitude in the majority of gay people. I think that's an unfair, and unproven opinion.


You can't turn on your television, or view a social media network, without this very sentiment being plastered everywhere. It's kind of hard to miss.

I, too, know a lot of "gay couples" and although there are some whiny bad apples in the bunch, the same can be said for straight males, straight females, and whomever else roams this planet. But in all, I do not notice an overwhelming, "Poor me, my problems are so large" attitude in the majority of gay people. I think that's an unfair, and unproven opinion.


I don't think it's unfair, or unfounded, John. I don't know the people on many of their friend lists, yet I can view their timeline and comments and see the exact same pattern. The people I know all grew up in perfectly accepting and loving families that support them, and environments, yet still behave this way. Why? To blame society for everything seems to be the go-to for everything, it's the theme of the last few generations, and the current administration. Coincidence? Not a chance in hell. Perhaps if the media, Progressives, and the gay lobby didn't fuel the fire with emotionally charged rhetoric all the time things would settle down. That's not going to happen though.

They're leaps and bounds worse than the so-called "establishment" they claim to be railing against. Their anti-religion, anti-straight crusade is absurd. Any dissent from their agenda is deemed bigoted and real lives and businesses are targeted for financial and social ruin. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and beliefs unless, of course, those beliefs and opinions don't align with theirs. As greeney2 has pointed out, votes don't seem to matter anymore. The laws that govern our nation, the Constitution, are systematically being circumvented when it suits the Progressives.

I don't care if gays want to get married, have at it. That's not the issue, blaming society for everything is. Just because someone doesn't support the gay lifestyle, or participate, does not a bigot make.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 pm

En-Lugal wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Are you saying marriage for them should be prohibited because they have more troubles than us in relationships?


That's a strange perception for you to have taken away from what I posted. Very strange, indeed.


I'll take that as a no.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby blackvault » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:18 pm

En-Lugal wrote:I don't care if gays want to get married, have at it. That's not the issue, blaming society for everything is. Just because someone doesn't support the gay lifestyle, or participate, does not a bigot make.


Actually, I wanted to say thank you for your extended response. Now, I completely understand your point of view, and will absolutely agree. In the social network world, there is a certain 'freedom' that is quite often taken advantage of, that you can say and even do anything "online" and therefore, it's ok. Many find it much easier to spout off anything they'd like in the digital world, but if it came up in the "real world" you'd get a much more sophisticated and down to Earth response.

My point is that we have come to an all too reliant state on social networking. It allows us to "hide" and voice our deepest darkest opinions, with no fear of ridicule, rejection, or chastising. Because, there seems to be a digital safety net when one does that. In this case, that small percentage of "whiners" about all things "bad religion" and "you're a bigot" have a much LOUDER voice, in my opinion, and are heard more and seemingly are speaking for the masses... when, in fact, they are not. Let's face it, that's what they want; to be heard. But to people like you and I, it has an adverse reaction to what they intended. It's an annoyance that sparks being annoyed - it doesn't accelerate or promote tolerance and acceptance.

So, in the digital world, I completely agree with you. As much as a tech geek as I am, I am still a big believer in the fact that social networking will be the death of parts of our society.

In regards to TV - well - I agree with you here as well. Those in positions of power (like a TV writer, executive, etc.) can promote an agenda through TV, and they take full advantage of it. I have worked in TV for many years, and it is a primarily left-leaning group who in many cases, promote their agendas in scripts and plot lines. This is another example of something that is greatly annoying but something, again in my opinion, should be overlooked and not used as a gauge on the greater group or the intentions thereof.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
User avatar
blackvault
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: North Hollywood, Ca.

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:04 pm

blackvault wrote:
En-Lugal wrote:I don't care if gays want to get married, have at it. That's not the issue, blaming society for everything is. Just because someone doesn't support the gay lifestyle, or participate, does not a bigot make.


Actually, I wanted to say thank you for your extended response. Now, I completely understand your point of view, and will absolutely agree. In the social network world, there is a certain 'freedom' that is quite often taken advantage of, that you can say and even do anything "online" and therefore, it's ok. Many find it much easier to spout off anything they'd like in the digital world, but if it came up in the "real world" you'd get a much more sophisticated and down to Earth response.

My point is that we have come to an all too reliant state on social networking. It allows us to "hide" and voice our deepest darkest opinions, with no fear of ridicule, rejection, or chastising. Because, there seems to be a digital safety net when one does that. In this case, that small percentage of "whiners" about all things "bad religion" and "you're a bigot" have a much LOUDER voice, in my opinion, and are heard more and seemingly are speaking for the masses... when, in fact, they are not. Let's face it, that's what they want; to be heard. But to people like you and I, it has an adverse reaction to what they intended. It's an annoyance that sparks being annoyed - it doesn't accelerate or promote tolerance and acceptance.

So, in the digital world, I completely agree with you. As much as a tech geek as I am, I am still a big believer in the fact that social networking will be the death of parts of our society.

In regards to TV - well - I agree with you here as well. Those in positions of power (like a TV writer, executive, etc.) can promote an agenda through TV, and they take full advantage of it. I have worked in TV for many years, and it is a primarily left-leaning group who in many cases, promote their agendas in scripts and plot lines. This is another example of something that is greatly annoying but something, again in my opinion, should be overlooked and not used as a gauge on the greater group or the intentions thereof.


Thanks for your continued participation is this discussion as well, John. I don't have the time I once did to follow up on the boards, and the great discussions that take place here, but I wanted to make sure I explained my position thoroughly. I had a nasty habit of leaving things open-ended, and apparently this Composition course I'm taking is rubbing off on me. :lol: Did I ever mention how much I hate writing? No? Well I do. :wall: Thanks for further expanding on your position. I'm in full agreement with your assessment.


at1with0 wrote:I'll take that as a no.


Brilliant deduction, Watson! :P
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 am

En-Lugal wrote:Did I ever mention how much I hate writing? No? Well I do.


If you ever want to find a place to discourage you from writing, you have come to the right place. Many have tried with me, in the great debates you talk about here. If you are like myself, you probably got discouraged in some way when you were younger, and began to dislike writing/reports/ and God forbid, oral reports were the worst for me. I found in a basic Jr. College English class writing could be fun, and I enjoy it, despite my total lack of spelling skills, and probably sentence structure. Thank God for Spelling corrector in my case. You should have seen me before we had one here. More importantly, you should have seen those who loved the discouraging part, attacking spelling and writing skills, in order to win a debate. Hence the word "flaming" was invented. :lol:

Don't be discouraged with writing or let anyone put you down over it for sure. John has cleaned up the board considerably in that department here. People love to do things like painting, other art things, and do not have to be Rembrandt to enjoy doing them.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9460
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby at1with0 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Cool! A couple of those sentences were grammatically correct :mrgreen:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Yes, and without some trick math declarations too! :lol:
greeney2
 
Posts: 9460
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests