The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Off Topic
greeney2 wrote:I Had an argument years ago, on the board....

NO KIDDING?!?! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:16 pm

It should be in the archives, I'm pretty sure on this board not the last one. It was a very in depth study on the issue, I do not recall all the details, but it was not made up. Like you are doing now telling how society has been the cause, without any more than opinion, that gets passed along until it is regarded as Gospel. The causes were shown and proven, to have been mostly suicides due to break ups, or rejections from other gays in the relationships. I didn't make it up. It gave some additional reasons that stemmed from problems within the lifestyle itself, and not from scrutiny from the outside or religions. I was called every name in the book over it, but the facts did not support the ranting, how the religious community was a factor.

Might find it somewhere in the tichan battle forum exchanges, It was several years ago. Sometimes when the facts come out, they do not support what becomes the position taken, like this one saying the religious right is the cause of gay suicides, was baloney.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:10 am

US Supreme Court turned down the Prop 8 appeal to halt the marriages in California that have already started. It is a done deal, and even being an opponent myself, they should just save a lot of time, trouble and money, and enact this thing, in all 50 states. Everyone should just consider the issue finished, accept it, and wish all the gay marriages good luck.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:39 pm

I think it is wise to not believe everything I read.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Can't even say something nice sometimes without the peanut gallery chiming in. :lol:
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:13 pm

The actual methodology practiced in that study would be something to go on.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby bionic » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:29 pm

greeney2 wrote:Why isn't unconstitutional now for Mormons to be limited on the number of wives they can have to only one? If same sex is an alternative lifestyle why isn't multiple spouses?

I have wondered this myself. More because of the fact that people can get married divorced and remarried over and over. THAT is legal but polygamy is not. It makes no sense to me. I think polygamy should be legal, too.

Also, I agree with John that higher suicide rates amongst homosexuals has more to do with being bullied, publically ridiculed, bullied, etc..then bad romances. I mean if the study showed that played a role, there is a chance that they are more vulnerable to devastating heartache because they have had to overcome so much general rejection by society, at large, so personal rejection might hurt more for them.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:04 pm

I can not help what the study results were I found. It is now several years ago, either it is somewhere in our achieves or some searching could find it. I looked for it and could not find it, and to be honest, last few times around, I was just exhausted with arguing anymore with Tichen. He had a study about a few species of animals which also got into a fiasco of a debate. I think that all led into him claiming the religious community has caused the suicide rate, and when I found the study of that very subject, that brought out the suicide facts.

there are many misconceptions about religions, one being more wars are caused by religions, and the simple facts are it is not true, and I proved it with the facts, causes, and reasons for the biggest wars, famon, and genocides in human history. Most wars, and our biggest wars were not religious. Just as much of a misconception is the religions have driven gays to these suicides. I am not saying bullying and being ostracized have not caused some of them, but the study clearly pointed to break ups and rejections as one primary cause, making their rates 5 times higher than heterosexuals.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:17 am

If a defense attorney told a judge, "Judge, I swear I saw evidence that proved my client's innocence. He's innocent. Please go look for the evidence because I already talked about it with someone else outside this courtroom..." what do you think would happen? Meaning, if there is a study to show, and it says what you claim it does (I am not saying it doesn't) then by all means - the burden of proof is on you :dance: Despite my sarcasm there, I did some research for you, and found nothing like what you are saying. In fact, there are quite a few studies showing that it is, in fact, societal chastising, rejection and in essence, persecution for their lifestyle. Not because they can't handle the normal relationship problems.

Here are some quotes from WikiPedia, all with sourced references at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth

The Family Acceptance Project's research has demonstrated that "parental acceptance, and even neutrality, with regard to a child's sexual orientation" can bring down the attempted suicide rate.

Clinical social worker Caitlin Ryan's Family Acceptance Project (California State University, San Francisco) conducted the first study of the effect of family acceptance and rejection on the health, mental health and well-being of LGBT youth, including suicide, HIV/AIDS and homelessness.[4] Their research shows that LGBT youths "who experience high levels of rejection from their families during adolescence (when compared with those young people who experienced little or no rejection from parents and caregivers) were more than eight times likely to have attempted suicide, more than six times likely to report high levels of depression, more than three times likely to use illegal drugs and more than three times likely to be at high risk for HIV or other STDs" by the time they reach their early 20s.

This higher prevalence of suicidal ideation and overall mental health problems among gay teenagers compared to their heterosexual peers has been attributed to Minority Stress.

Minority stress theory suggests that minority status leads to increased discrimination from the social environment which leads to greater stress and health problems. In the presence of poor emotion regulation skills this can lead to poor mental health. Also, the differential susceptibility hypothesis suggests that for some individuals their physical and mental development is highly dependent on their environment in a “for-better-and-for-worse” fashion. That is, individuals who are highly susceptible will have better than average health in highly supportive environments and significantly worse than average health in hostile, violent environments. This helps us understand racial/ethnic disparities in health conditions as well as the problem of LGBT youth suicide.

In these studies outlined on this page, no mention of religion, religious right, and also no mention of them being less able to handle the situations relationships put forward.

The prosecution rests, Your Honor :clap:
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm going to have to weigh in here, as I know many gays and gay couples. True, some of them are well adjusted and happy in their relationships, but most are always in a state of disarray and turmoil. They go through a full-fledged relationship in the time frame of about two weeks. First there's sex, then "I love you", next comes getting "engaged', followed by cheating or the accusation thereof (and the drama that ensues), finally the breakup and moving out that typically comes with it. The cycle repeats itself month after month. I can't even comprehend the bulk of their daily posts anymore, and honestly can't be bothered to try any more. The day-to-day emotional turmoil they seem to find themselves in is absurd, and from the script of a reality television show.

Even the most minute of problems is portrayed in a "look at me and my enormous issues" every single day. They seem to crave attention, and demand recognition for their daily "trials and tribulations", or they lash out at everyone on their friend list as bigoted for having ignored them. If you do offer advice, and they don't want to hear it, doubly so. There is no winning with them, they have all of these issues but it's society's fault. I don't buy it, it's baloney as greeney2 stated. So yes, due to my personal observation, I would say the suicide rates fall on gays and not society as a whole. There are mean people, get a therapist, or suck it up already.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that the Left and the gay lobby as a whole have a very selective memory when playing the bigot card. They blame the Right, religion, and Conservatives for everything. By the logic they use, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama are also bigots, but that won't make the news. Well, unless a Conservative happens to point it out on national television while on a Lefty program. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts