The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:25 am

Sorry, I know I would be a prime catch, but I've been taken already, 40 years ago, and still hitched. :lol:
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:59 am

That's ok, gay primate polygamy is clearly coming next...
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:35 am

Why isn't unconstitutional now for Mormons to be limited on the number of wives they can have to only one? If same sex is an alternative lifestyle why isn't multiple spouses?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:09 pm

And for that matter, why not allow marriage between men and goats?
at1with0

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:56 pm

at1with0 wrote:And for that matter, why not allow marriage between men and goats?

Because goats have no concept of consent, though you know that.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Why so serious? :silent:

Anyway...

Court says same-sex marriage can resume in Calif.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... e/2474109/

In San Francisco, where the appellate court is located, the first same-sex marriage following the action was scheduled Friday for 4:45 p.m. PT (7:45 p.m. ET), local media reported. One of the two couples who challenged Prop. 8, Kris Perry and Sandy Stier, were first on the list to receive a license. That happened at 4:15 p.m., according to news reports.
at1with0

Postby bionic » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 pm

It's gay pride week up here in the big city(SF)..I bet there is much major celebrating going on over yonder, across The Bay from me.
I now await..in five years or so..all the big gay divorces...with all the big gay drama drama that will go with it...lol
seriously though..truly happy for the LGBT community
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:16 am

Yeah, pride day is gonna be intense...

And what if it turns out that the divorce rate among homosexuals turns out to be significantly lower than among heterosexuals? Not that I think it will...just sayin.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:10 am

Sad but true, they will have their own divorce rate. May or may not be higher than heterosexuals. I forget her name, but there is a divorce just announced between the actress, who portrayed Charley Sheens physiologist, in "2 and a half men".

I Had an argument years ago, on the board, about male gay suicide rates, being 5 times higher than heterosexual straight men. They argued it was because of the religious right persecuting their life style. A very valid University study on the subject, proved is was not in fact religious scrutiny, the suicide rate, 5 times higher, was caused by problems within the gay lifestyle, mostly break ups and rejections.

The lifestyle itself has its own set of pitfalls, and now marriage which could be a blessing for many, could also end up another pitfall. None of which are a reason to disallow marriage, they just have to deal with those related problems, which will range from things they could in the past, just walk away from.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:22 pm

greeney2 wrote:I Had an argument years ago, on the board, about male gay suicide rates, being 5 times higher than heterosexual straight men. They argued it was because of the religious right persecuting their life style. A very valid University study on the subject, proved is was not in fact religious scrutiny, the suicide rate, 5 times higher, was caused by problems within the gay lifestyle, mostly break ups and rejections.

Honestly, I just don't buy it, despite a "university study." When you say "very valid" - what was the University? Can you offer any details?

I truly believe deep down, that society's chastising (the percentage that does) takes it's toll. They have their set of problems just like straight people do, and in most ways - they are the exact same problems. Just a different couple, regardless of them being a same-sex couple.

But I don't buy the fact if you are gay, you are less able to handle breakups and rejections vs. a straight person. I think that's nonsense.

Question still stands, though, because I am curious. What very valid University study and led by whom?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts