The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Something different about me?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sk8chic100 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:51 pm

For a long long time I felt like I am a part of something bigger than, well bigger than the average joe. Or at least I am supposed to be. I have always been drawn towards all things spiritual, magical, dealing with energies, ect. I went to a naturopath and my therapist who works with energies and they have both told me that I am sensitive to energies. The naturopath told me I can't sleep at night because there are entities that hang out in my room and they bug me. They keep me awake. I have never liked being alone and I am deeply afraid of the dark. I'm turning 18 this month. I have a terrible phobia of aliens ever since I was a tiny kid. My mom sister and I have all had weird things happen, weird dreams, ect. My mom had a few psychic experiences, she forsaw an image of her brother, and an arm, the day before he was thrown off a horse and got a severe break in his arm where his bone protruded from the skin. I feel like I'm supposed to do something, but I can't figure out what it is. I feel like it has something to do with nature, spiritual energy, maybe even entities. I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something in the "super natural" realm. I have a calling. I can't find it, but I can feel it. I've been into all kinds of things, wicca, auras, tarot cards, I have a special connection with animals, but in the end I can't find what my interest in this is all about. I don't know why I'm posting this, or what I'm hoping to find. But maybe someone can help me out. I don't know. I know this isn't very well organized and all over the place. But just let me if you want to know anything
sk8chic100

Postby qmark » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:57 pm

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, your problem isn't "I can't figure out what it is", your problem is "I've been into all kinds of things, wicca, auras, tarot cards."
Seriously? When you play in areas that we have been warned against, don't be surprised when there is confusion and consequences.
qmark

Postby sk8chic100 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:45 pm

! blackvault wrote:
This has been removed. DO NOT EDIT THIS BACK. Your account will be banned. You've been warned, and this was removed for being a breach of our rules here.
Last edited by sk8chic100 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sk8chic100

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 pm

You're trying to figure out who you are, we all do at some point in our lives. You're young, don't rush things. It will come to you in time. Just keep researching, reading and experiencing things. Keep an open mind. Is there anyone in your family you can talk about this with? Maybe a bit of genealogy is in order.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby sk8chic100 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:53 pm

I did have a great grandfather who was a naturopath, and have Blackfoot indian in my distant family history, my dad's side of the family is strictly mormon, comes from generations of mormons, I don't really associate with that. But that is all i really know. My family doesn't really know much about our family history.
sk8chic100

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Off Topic
sk8chic100 wrote:
 ! blackvault wrote:
Quote deleted. Warning sent.

I'm no longer a moderator, but the administrator does not take "Hey Bitch" and all your other choice words towards a respected poster like Qmark very well. I'm sure he would ask you as a new member to clean it up.
greeney2

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Maybe uncovering a bit of your family history would help you. If you know your great grandfather's name and when he died, that might lead you to all kinds of other family members. You could try locally, there may be some records and it's usually free to do so. A little bit of advice, be careful with Ouija boards. I myself don't use them and won't have one in my house. I had a terrifying experience with one, in the company of other morons :P , and have left them alone since. I don't know if you've ever experienced the presence of a demon, but I hope you never do.

There are many good sites out there with articles and other useful links, perhaps you already know of some, for Pagans. My favorite is http://www.witchvox.com/. A bit more advice, don't lash out like that when you encounter criticism, especially here. You can give someone a good tongue-lashing without dropping F-bombs. Break out a thesaurus or something. :angel:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby sk8chic100 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:36 pm

well thanks for the advice I'll try some of those things. I've heard ouija boards can be scary, but I've only had them work when I had a friend push them around haha. except this one time at my friends house, she had a ghost in her room. They work slightly with my mom but it moves so slow it's hard to get any messages. Anyway I know I shouldn't lash out like that haha. I have really low tolerance for extremely religious people. I grew up in Utah, In Bountiful near salt lake city no less, one half of my family is entirely mormon, while the other half are "just christian" but extremely so and they hate gays and thing the big bang and evolution are not possible because "that's not what the bible says happened" My sister is gay and she and my mom both insist on keeping it a secret from my them because then my grandma would hate my sister for the rest of forever. So I've always been surrounded by close minded, self righteous, god fearing mormons and christians, and i've always been open minded and accepting, aanndd... well... the rest is history.
sk8chic100

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:07 pm

I understand your frustration completely. I attended churches, Baptist, Pentecostal, Mormon and Catholic for many years. My childhood years were spent in Baptist churches. Later in life, I attended Mormon services a few times in boot camp just to see what it was all about. My first wife was Catholic, so naturally she and her family expected me to convert, which I didn't. Finally, my current wife attended Pentecostal services. I went with her and her family for a few years and it was quite different than anything I had experienced before. In all of my experiences, I saw a lot of things and met people that soured my stomach and left the church.

It was more than that though, I just knew it wasn't where I belonged. My grandmother and great aunts, as well as aunts and mother never attended church but sent me as a child. I remember the old ways and superstitions growing up and wanted to connect back to those roots, and so I did. I'm much happier now as a result. I think it's great that you're searching for what's right for you. My spiritual research took a lot of detours and got put on hold several times for many years. I really experienced a breakthrough a couple of years ago and I'm making steady progress.

I still have a long way to go but I'm finally on the right path, for me. I've been very fortunate, my wife of over fifteen years has been very accepting and supportive of me while I find my way. I wish you luck on your journey and hope you find what you're looking for.
En-Lugal

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:24 pm

sk8chic100, I think we have all been there, and You will find this group has a wide range of beliefs, from those who are devout in their Christian beliefs to those just as sure of their Atheist beliefs. As you can imagine, this forum has generated some very heated debates and exchanges, in a wide range of subjects involving religions, and practices, and controversy between the Constitution, our laws, and our politicians, with regard to those religious issues.

Obviously the gay issues, and how they conflict with religious views, and what religions teach, is a pretty major topic now. All of our States are having gay marriage measures on their voting ballots, so this is one of the conflicts in question. The rights of gays, and what our Constitution seems to guarantee, and the fact religion is also a choice and right, and the freedom may be to disregard it. Sometimes our Constitutional rights conflict with each other, as this does. Adn sometimes our laws may tell you something is legal, while your religion/church will be telling you, it may be a sin. I wrote on time about the question of right and wrong, legal and illegal, and how they may conflict with what is a sin.

As far as your Grandmother hating your sister, you may be confusing hate, for never condoning a lifestyle she believes is sinful. So be careful not to turn yourself into the same kind of close minded, self righteous, people you talk about, by refusing to realize Grandma made her religious choices long before you and your sister were even thought of, not to mention your Mother. Sorry but the gay rights activists are so full of hate and contempt for any Christian thinking, they are among to most intolerant and hateful people you will find. Even you would never expect your Grandmother to abandon her Morman beliefs, because the laws have changed, and the Constitution may be telling you one thing, but her Bible tells her something else.
greeney2

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts