The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Loaded gun found on seat of Disney world ride

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 pm

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — A Walt Disney World patron on a ride with her grandson found a loaded gun on her seat, officials said Wednesday.
Officials said that the woman found the pistol on the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom. The woman turned over the loaded weapon to a park attendant, who then contacted her manager and authorities.
The gun's owner, Angelo Lista, told authorities he discovered his gun was missing several minutes after leaving the ride. He has a concealed weapons permit.
Lista told authorities he didn't know Disney World patrons weren't allowed to bring guns. He said he thought the security checkpoint at the entrance to the Florida theme park was only so that guards could check bags for bombs or explosives. Patrons do not walk through metal detectors nor are they subject to patdowns.
Disney World prohibits patrons from bringing weapons of any kind on its property.
greeney2

Postby Fut004 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:23 am

greeney2 wrote:LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — A Walt Disney World patron on a ride with her grandson found a loaded gun on her seat, officials said Wednesday.
Officials said that the woman found the pistol on the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom. The woman turned over the loaded weapon to a park attendant, who then contacted her manager and authorities.
The gun's owner, Angelo Lista, told authorities he discovered his gun was missing several minutes after leaving the ride. He has a concealed weapons permit.
Lista told authorities he didn't know Disney World patrons weren't allowed to bring guns. He said he thought the security checkpoint at the entrance to the Florida theme park was only so that guards could check bags for bombs or explosives. Patrons do not walk through metal detectors nor are they subject to patdowns.
Disney World prohibits patrons from bringing weapons of any kind on its property.

Do you guys think that the old lady checked to see if the gun was loaded before bringing it to a park attendant?

Also, how long do you think it'll be before there are Metal Detectors at the entrances to Amusement Parks now?
Martial Law is real, TPTB have been practicing.
Must watch video, especially for Canadians: Into the Fire - See what actually happened at the G20 Summit in Toronto.
Fut004

Postby blackvault » Thu May 30, 2013 7:40 am

I was just talking to my wife the other day about this very thing. When you walk through "security" yes, you get "searched." But to be honest, it's usually some kid waiving everyone through, you unzip your bag, purse, or whatever, they peek in, and voila, you're done.

I hate to even elude to this fact, but when I walked through on Memorial Day, it was hot, but thought it might get colder later so I brought a sweatshirt. Now, I'm no small potato, so in turn, my sweatshirt is not tiny either. That said, I had it rolled up under my arm, and carried it right through "security."

In case anyone is out to get me, there WAS NOTHING IN MY SWEATSHIRT, NOR WAS I TRYING TO SNEAK ANYTHING IN. My point, however, is how easy it would be for someone to do so to cause harm. Just, roll it up in a sweatshirt and walk right in. In this day and age, I think metal detectors wouldn't be a bad idea in a place like Disneyland - and I too also think it will be a matter of time.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:20 am

They are mainly looking for food people want to bring in. You know they do not allow outside food in so you have to buy their food. What are we going to do, turn everyplace we go into a gastapo search?
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

greeney2 wrote:They are mainly looking for food people want to bring in. You know they do not allow outside food in so you have to buy their food. What are we going to do, turn everyplace we go into a gastapo search?

Of course not, but in a place like Disneyland, a place I frequent - if attacks on our country continue - I am saying I wouldn't be opposed to it. That's not a gestapo mind-set, thats a large concern for our public safety. To me, in this day and age, my guess is a place like Disneyland would be a more likely target then a plane. Yet, look at the truly gestapo style searches in an airport - but not at a MAJOR theme park.

When I was at Dodger Statdium last season, they had metal detectors to walk through as well. Again - a public event, area, etc. that SHOULD have protection maybe a bit stricter than the supermarket.

Just my two cents, anyway.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm glad you have 2 cents to give! :D

I didn't exactly mean a gestapo search, but I really meant some kind of armed by guards search, that showed some sort of seriousness to it, and than imagine us having to do this at every venue we go to like a amusement park, stadium, ballpark, theater, the fair, other tourist attractions. Public buildings, banks, jury duty service, many places already have metal detectors, Airports, trains stations, etc. etc.

The additional security measures for every event from the world series, to even small town parades are all now affected, after the Boston Marathon, not to mention every marathon as well now.

Seriously, terrorists never have to do another bombing ever again to hurt us, all they need to do is scare us enough, and we will go broke with security added on the everything and everyplace we go. That hidden cost of security, is going to break all our local economies, by required tax dollars spent on already over budget police, and other various security measures. Just look at the cost alone of a single day in the life of our President, when he steps foot out of the White House. Or his family, or his children.

Cost of security is going to kill us, and billions will be spent when there virtually no threat, but we must take every precaution unfortunately.
greeney2

Postby Fut004 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:58 am

blackvault wrote:Of course not, but in a place like Disneyland, a place I frequent - if attacks on our country continue - I am saying I wouldn't be opposed to it. That's not a gestapo mind-set, thats a large concern for our public safety. To me, in this day and age, my guess is a place like Disneyland would be a more likely target then a plane. Yet, look at the truly gestapo style searches in an airport - but not at a MAJOR theme park.

The problem I have with all of this, is the simple fact that myself - and countless other innocent people - are being treated like criminals and thugs while trying to enter an event/park/stadium that we've paid admission to enter. We've done nothing wrong, but we get searched and questioned anyhow.

Seems wrong to me.

And lets not forget this gem:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

greeney2 wrote:Seriously, terrorists never have to do another bombing ever again to hurt us, all they need to do is scare us enough, and we will go broke with security added on the everything and everyplace we go. That hidden cost of security, is going to break all our local economies, by required tax dollars spent on already over budget police, and other various security measures. Just look at the cost alone of a single day in the life of our President, when he steps foot out of the White House. Or his family, or his children.

Great point raised here, Greeney2.
Although, my point of view is slightly different than yours - I agree that it won't take much more "terror" to push for TSA style security at virtually every large public event. A few close calls, thwarted by the FBI/DHS and the masses will be in an uproar for tighter security - more cameras on the streets - more drones in the skies.

An interesting thing to think about though, is who benefits from all this extra security. You said it yourself, it's going to cost tonnes of money for this... Who's pockets are being lined by this? The heads of some security companies, right?
Well who owns those companies?
Every major company in this world is owned by a larger company, until you get to the top handful of companies.

Forbes - The Four Companies That Control the 147 Companies That Own Everything

So who stands to gain from all this Terror around the world?
It makes me sick when I think about this stuff.

Phewf, sorry... I may have gone off track a bit there.
Martial Law is real, TPTB have been practicing.
Must watch video, especially for Canadians: Into the Fire - See what actually happened at the G20 Summit in Toronto.
Fut004

Postby blackvault » Fri May 31, 2013 1:44 pm

fut004 wrote:The problem I have with all of this, is the simple fact that myself - and countless other innocent people - are being treated like criminals and thugs while trying to enter an event/park/stadium that we've paid admission to enter. We've done nothing wrong, but we get searched and questioned anyhow.

Seems wrong to me.

And lets not forget this gem:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Honestly, I really don't disagree. HOWEVER, we face a new threat in today's society. It has plagued us for decades now, but only recently has seemingly gotten worse. Now, we can argue the WHY fact about that in a different topic, but that is the reality.

That said, of course I rather not be searched everywhere I go, nor do I think we should be. But some places? Like a Disneyland? I'll forfeit my frustration with a longer wait time, with a little bit more assurance that I'm safer and more secure. 100%? Never. But slightly more? Yes.

I wonder if those who got their limbs blown off during the Boston bombings, are wondering why couldn't security have been a little tighter? I am wondering if the family members of those who didn't make it to see the next day, didn't wish for certain check points to go through to get to key areas of the race? Ie: the finish like where all the cameras are?

Will it balloon our costs? Maybe in some ways. But record numbers of unemployed people (who can find jobs but choose not to because they feel "underemployed) the record of food stamp collectors, etc. etc. etc. are the much larger problem, and drain, on U.S. finances. As someone who holds a job... as someone who pays a ton of taxes to support those food stampers and unemployed, but they can still buy drugs and alcohol, I rather my money go to OUR SAFETY - rather than laziness and those who have the "give me" attitude.

Keep in mind, however, that tighter security at private venues, like Disneyland, like ballparks, like theme parks, are not paid by the Federal government, and in many cases, not even the state. Rather, they are paid by the Disneylands, the ballparks, and the theme parks adding the security.

Again, my two cents (but I'm starting run out of money!) ;)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby bionic » Fri May 31, 2013 6:11 pm

greeney2 wrote:They are mainly looking for food people want to bring in. You know they do not allow outside food in so you have to buy their food. What are we going to do, turn everyplace we go into a gastapo search?

:(
Not long at all.
At the very least..pat downs for Disneyland.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts