The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

EXPLOSION at Disneyland? A rant on the media...

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Tue May 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Sometimes - I just get so mad about how the media deals with actual current events in our world. For those who follow/subscribe to my personal page (https://www.facebook.com/Blackvault) you'll see posts I don't usually repost on The Black Vault unless it's relevant. That said, you'll notice my wife and I love to go to Disneyland, and just be big kids away from the drama that sometimes is our daily lives. (My wife Sabrena Greenewald is an amazing nurse, but sometimes, we all need to get away from our jobs!)

Yesterday, we were there to celebrate Memorial Day at the Happiest Place on Earth (at Disneyland) - and today we were incredibly concerned to hear the news headlines starting to surface online. "Disneyland evacuated" - "Apparent EXPLOSION at Disneyland". It turns out, it was some dry ice, put into a water bottle, and thrown in a trash can.

Ok, probably a nasty prank - of course we all fear terrorism - but you'd think the media would report it as such after the cause was determined. Instead, I see the headline, "No injuries in apparent dry-ice Disneyland blast."

A BLAST? The Boston Marathon was a blast... this was a prank. We wonder why our media is so twisted and worthless - they report things with such over-reaction, drama and fraudulent descriptions on a slow news day - and continue to ignore REAL stories worthy of investigation, detailed reporting, and skilled journalism.

Maybe one day... they will wake up? MAYBE?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:22 am

11 o'clock news reported some sort of dry ice machine, but they also noted shutting down Toon Town, to give police a chance to check it out. They may be trying to cover it up as much as possible.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 am

From what I heard, it was a piece of dry ice put into a water bottle and thrown into a trash can. They said the "top blew off the trash can."

Sounds like a prank to me. And fact checking this post, and searching Google News for "Disneyland" - I come up with headlines including "Explosion" and "Blast." I just think that type of over-reporting, and exaggeration is pretty ridiculous.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:35 am

Well for a while now it's been about $$$ over the art of good journalism. Good journalism makes people yawn. And it doesn't help that the attention span of the audience is a few minutes.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby blackvault » Wed May 29, 2013 8:51 am

A few MINUTES? HA! You give the "audience" too much credit! :) Seconds for real stories, hours for Kim Kardashian's baby. Sad.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 am

:lol:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Disneyland Arrest: Cops Cuff Employee For Toontown Explosion

Posted: May 29, 2013

Police have arrested a Disneyland employee for setting off a bomb outside of Mickey’s Toontown on Tuesday.

No one was hurt in the incident but Disneyland did have to evacuate the ride. Authorities said that the bomb was made out of dry ice and was placed in a trash can. Police arrested Christian Barnes, 22, this morning for setting off the bomb.

Disneyland spokeswoman Suzi Brown said in a statement: “We take matters like this very seriously and are working closely with local authorities.”

Barnes, who worked as a vendor at Toontown, was booked on suspicion of possession of a destructive device. He is currently being held on $1 million bond.

Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn said said that Barnes was cooperating with the police investigation. The Disneyland employee told police officers that the explosion was larger than he expected and that he didn’t plan on setting off any other bombs.

Dunn said: “Barnes is cooperating with investigators and has indicated this is an isolated incident with unanticipated impacts.”

Dunn said that Barnes placed dry ice in a plastic bottle and than placed it in a trashcan in Toontown. The explosion was confined to the can and didn’t result in any significant damage.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/680712/disneyl ... hZDpWPE.99
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Held on a million dollars bail, safe to assume he just screwed up his summer job. :lol:
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts