The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

What is time?

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby at1with0 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Past, present, and future. Time is a three-valued logic. :mrgreen:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:20 am

This should be in the questions that make you think forum.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Oh I didn't know it still exists...but I get more views in the General forum. :mrgreen:
at1with0

Postby khanster » Sun May 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Observe the fourth dimension from the perspective of the fifth dimension.

A person's entire lifetime becomes a tubular, static, 4th dimensional entity.

But then what of the branching multiverse? The tube thus becomes an expanding 5th dimensional dynamic fractal.

Time, the essence of perceptual stratification and dualistic personification.
East is separated from west but where does west begin and where does east begin? ...or end? We wade through the sands of time in mindless pursuit of gratification and questation. The yearning for that which is oh so elusive, yet not.

Chaos and order give birth to each other as the illusion of time is continually created. There are those who depict time as a linear succession of the staus quo ...but I fear that time is actually the never ending branching of realized moments, continually splitting, in a Schrodingerian catlike fashion.

Just imagine travelling backwards in time and meeting some early hominids and by interfering with them in some way you accidentally wiped out the existence of all future humans?

Or if you went back even farther in time and accidentally stepped on some slime which caused a huge shift in the evolution of all future life, then intelligent cockroaches ruled the future earth?

To be at one with zero requires the realization that one and zero are separated by reflective reverberations of echoing incoversion.

khanster

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Well said. :mrgreen:
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:34 am

Not surprising how you both understand each other so well. I wonder why? :lol:
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:03 am

It's because we're the same person *gasp*

:liar:

I made another image regarding multivalued logic, not exactly related to time per se. (Or is it??)

How to interpret the image: the left node corresponds to the truth value "false" and the right node corresponds to the truth value "true". The nodes in between refer to intermediate truth values; this animation includes up to 10 intermediate nodes in a slideshow. The first slide depicts a situation where the truth set, the set of all truth values, is three in size (briefly) and then four in size. The last slide depicts roughly 12 total truth values.

In case you're wondering, fuzzy logic does have applications...
Some of them are listed here:
http://www.calvin.edu/~pribeiro/othrlnks/Fuzzy/apps.htm
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:23 pm

In simple language define what a truth value is or means? I see one distinct condition obvious as each slide changes, just wonder it that is the truth value the slides imply?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:46 pm

greeney2 wrote:In simple language define what a truth value is or means? I see one distinct condition obvious as each slide changes, just wonder it that is the truth value the slides imply?

A truth value is a measure of the degree to which a statement is true.

For example, there are various ways of defining the word tall. Saying "X is tall" is going to be true to a degree. Many situations require a view more flexible and inclusive than just having two truth values, those being "true" and "false." Some thermostats use fuzzy logic to measure the truth of the statement "it is cold" and, depending on the degree to which "it is cold" is true, it will set the heater on such and such a percentage of maximum capacity. Elevators (some of them) use fuzzy logic to decide to which degree to apply the brakes.

In that slideshow, each slide represents the total of all truth values in a different logic. In the first slide (which lasts for less than a second), the logic being graphed is three-valued. Quickly, there are four total truth values on a line segment. Then there are five, etc.

The truth value for false is on the left and for true is on the right. Each dot in the slide is a truth value. So the logics I am displaying extend the usual logic. The usual logic has two truth values. Other logics add truth values to those two.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:16 pm

What I observed was that only combinations with even numbered allowed for the points to intersect the center line between far left and far right points. All combinations with an odd number of center points left the center as a open space and could not intersect that centerline. Not sure if this constitutes some mathematical truth, rule, or not? Not an expert for sure, but maybe it is more a geometry rule of some sort. I am assuming all points are equally spaced on the plane they are appearing.

confusing me isn't much of a challenge. :lol:
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts