The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

the desert aka the wilderness

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:53 am

Remember the labyrinth of Hellraiser? That was a good maze.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Mon May 06, 2013 9:54 pm

at1with0 wrote:Remember the labyrinth of Hellraiser? That was a good maze.

Feel free. Take your time. We have
eternity... to know your flesh...

I probably know every line of the entire 1st and 2nd movies. The 3rd one went off the rails and got silly.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:29 am

My memory of it is pretty fuzzy. I remember a little box that could change shape and of course, pinnhead.

at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Sat May 11, 2013 7:19 pm

at1with0 wrote:My memory of it is pretty fuzzy. I remember a little box that could change shape and of course, pinnhead.

Your pic is silly. George Bush as Pinhead? whatevs.

Anyway, Hellraiser 1 and 2 were big time favorite movies of mine. I spent a lot of time analyzing the whole story. Apparently pinhead, in his toying with Kirsty, was seen as becoming weak. So Leviathan (lord of the Labyrinth) rose up a new evil badass (the former Dr. Channard). I remember getting a big emotional rush, watching (for the first time in my life) an evil badass square off against another evil badass. A lot of movies have copied the motif but as far as I am concerned, Hellraiser 2 was the first movie to introduce the idea. It's too bad pinhead lost the fight, though the new evil Cenobite (Channard) died eventually and pinhead came back in future sequels.

Dr. Charrard

vs.

Original Cenobite Clan

Notice Dr. Charrard was connected to Leviathan directly through some kind of tentacle attached to the top of his head. I presume this was so that Leviathan could have more direct control over his minion.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:21 pm

I've seen what looked like a cenobite once or twice upon a time. I probably should have been scared but I was closer to dumbfounded.

Isaiah tells us that God created darkness, which makes a lot of sense. Sometimes it feels like we're all just pawns on God's chessboard in his deathmatch with himself. Either way, God did a good job with darkness...
at1with0

Postby khanster » Sun May 12, 2013 5:14 am

at1with0 wrote:I've seen what looked like a cenobite once or twice upon a time. I probably should have been scared but I was closer to dumbfounded.

Isaiah tells us that God created darkness, which makes a lot of sense. Sometimes it feels like we're all just pawns on God's chessboard in his deathmatch with himself. Either way, God did a good job with darkness...

Free will AND predestination, both are true. It is Difficult for a three dimensional brain to get a grip on :mrgreen:
khanster

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:19 am

khanster wrote:
at1with0 wrote:I've seen what looked like a cenobite once or twice upon a time. I probably should have been scared but I was closer to dumbfounded.

Free will AND predestination, both are true. It is Difficult for a three dimensional brain to get a grip on :mrgreen:

Obviously, ¬(p ∧ ¬p) is no longer a tautology in three-valued logic. :Doh: :mrgreen:
at1with0

Postby khanster » Sun May 12, 2013 5:29 am

at1with0 wrote:
khanster wrote:

Obviously, ¬(p ∧ ¬p) is no longer a tautology in three-valued logic. :Doh: :mrgreen:

Three parameters are required for the inclusion of p AND not-p
khanster

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:33 am

But does that really offer actual insight into a paradox?
at1with0

Postby khanster » Sun May 12, 2013 6:01 am

at1with0 wrote:But does that really offer actual insight into a paradox?

Insights are intuitive leaps and as Einstein says...

“The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in consciousness, call it Intuition or what you will, the solution comes to you and you don't know how or why.”
khanster

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts