The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Boy dies after Faith Healing prayers, 2nd child.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby qmark » Sat May 11, 2013 7:02 am

This person wasn't the first, or the last, of people that are mad at God.
It is the height of arrogance to proclaim that God should bow down to us and ask for our forgiveness as if we could "do a better job". It is precisely the fact that we put ourselves in the position of God that this kind of crap happens.
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:50 am

qmark wrote:This person wasn't the first, or the last, of people that are mad at God.
It is the height of arrogance to proclaim that God should bow down to us and ask for our forgiveness as if we could "do a better job". It is precisely the fact that we put ourselves in the position of God that this kind of crap happens.

I'm not mad at God for anything. It's pointless to be mad at God. Some people say a Just God wouldn't allow events like the holocaust but I would say that God is Just in that the principles of reality, whatever they are, are applied equally to all. But it kinda sounds here like you are thinking that the holocaust was the result of the choice of the victims? Correct me if I'm wrong. I lead a pretty blessed life, actually, in that most of what happens to me is a result of my choices and planning (and lack of planning). I do not have God to blame (or credit) when my life sucks (or is good). However, it would be nice if God did act like a god sometimes... :mrgreen:

The (semi) relevant part begins at about 2 minutes.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:07 am

How does all this have a thing to do with the idots who killed both of their kids and Faith Healing?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:09 am

greeney2 wrote:How does all this have a thing to do with the idots who killed both of their kids and Faith Healing?

Sounds like a loaded question to me...
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:29 am

Not at all, we got spun off the subject by Lucifer, and it went downhill from there. Actually the Holocaust writing is a subject in itself, and an example of exactly how much suffering is expected as a test of Faith? Its real easy to march off to church every Sunday, never be tested, and live a normal peaceful life, and have a strong idea of what everyone else dare not to do regarding God. It is a completely different perspective, of someone subjected to the worst genocide in human history.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:11 pm

greeney2 wrote:Not at all, we got spun off the subject by Lucifer, and it went downhill from there. Actually the Holocaust writing is a subject in itself, and an example of exactly how much suffering is expected as a test of Faith? Its real easy to march off to church every Sunday, never be tested, and live a normal peaceful life, and have a strong idea of what everyone else dare not to do regarding God. It is a completely different perspective, of someone subjected to the worst genocide in human history.

Well said. :thumbup:
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Sat May 11, 2013 6:35 pm

greeney2 wrote:Not at all, we got spun off the subject by Lucifer, and it went downhill from there. Actually the Holocaust writing is a subject in itself, and an example of exactly how much suffering is expected as a test of Faith? Its real easy to march off to church every Sunday, never be tested, and live a normal peaceful life, and have a strong idea of what everyone else dare not to do regarding God. It is a completely different perspective, of someone subjected to the worst genocide in human history.

Actually, saving faith is much harder to achieve in today's culture, because we have things so easy, we hardly feel desperate enough to search for and cry out to God for help. This is precisely why Jesus said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to reach heaven. A "rich" person (and we are all rich in America by the standards of many others) has very little reason to sincerely ask for God's intervention in their lives.

I think it also harkens back to why Jesus said to some of the folks back then who asked what they should do to follow him, give up your belongings first.

And I will admit, with a certain level of embarrassment and sorrow, that I too, occasionally forget about God during times of peace and prosperity.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Sat May 11, 2013 6:36 pm

I know it's a little off subject (above) but greeney's comment brought it out of me. Forgive?
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 pm

frrostedman wrote:Actually, saving faith is much harder to achieve in today's culture, because we have things so easy, we hardly feel desperate enough to search for and cry out to God for help. This is precisely why Jesus said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to reach heaven. A "rich" person (and we are all rich in America by the standards of many others) has very little reason to sincerely ask for God's intervention in their lives.

I think it also harkens back to why Jesus said to some of the folks back then who asked what they should do to follow him, give up your belongings first.

And I will admit, with a certain level of embarrassment and sorrow, that I too, occasionally forget about God during times of peace and prosperity.

I've gone through total or near total possession loss 3 times so far and I do recommend the experience to anyone...Including those who want to imagine what it was like to drop everything for Jesus, which I would do if I were to meet him. I would not be a happy camper in doing so, except spiritually I would be full.

I think the entire spectrum of reasons why people would ask God to intervene are all .....how can I put this? Well, for starters, it's not like God is unaware of our needs and wants a million years before we come into being and ask. I doubt any human can change its mind or tell it something it did not know.
at1with0

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts