The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Diablo 3

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby frrostedman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:46 pm

at1with0 wrote:I estimate playing about 2500-3000 hours in WoW.

I am not gonna spend nearly that amount of time in D3 :o

My Wiz (did you like his name? "TchiezWiz" lol) is in NM level now. I died twice trying to kill Diablo, but only because I didn't have my skills set right. Diamond skin was a must for that battle. Took me a bit to figure that out.

See you in act 1 if you are around tonight. I'm about to check in.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:51 pm

I used diamond skin as much as I could and did a lot of running. Kinda sucked that I couldn't use my companion during that fight.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:49 pm

at1with0 wrote:I used diamond skin as much as I could and did a lot of running. Kinda sucked that I couldn't use my companion during that fight.

I leveled up my demon hunter as much as I could, and found myself constantly running and nearly dying everywhere I went in act 2 nightmare (solo). So then I leveled up my barbarian and he did much better but still I found myself taking way too much damage. So now I've leveled up my wiz. He's doing the best so far but I can tell he's never going to make it through act 3.

The witch doctor totally sucks and is boring in my opinion, so I won't bother. And that leaves me with the monk. Maybe the monk has the best shot.

Wizards and demon hunters take 30% more damage than monks and barbs. But I guess you knew that. So what sucks about the ranged attackers is, if a mob overruns them, they pretty much die unless they can run fast enough. In hell level, you can forget it, you can't run fast enough. And inferno sounds like a COMPLETE joke. Certainly no fun.

Blizzard should have stuck with the D2 formula which was still immensely popular even with 800x600 graphics and being played for 12 years. But NOOOO... Blizzard had to change the formula completely and make the game so difficult that it's not even fun. That's ridiculous. Half the fun of D2 was the ability to crush hords of 30 and 40 monsters. It gave you a sense of power and satisfaction. It wasn't so easy you didn't have to think a little but now D3 has answered the complaints of all the kids saying D2 was "too easy..." And Blizzard said to the kids before the game was even released, that they promised we will die repeatedly and they hoped everyone was happy with it.

Dying and having to use strategy and thinking is one thing. Getting 1-hit killed from a monster a screen away isn't fun, or even thought provoking. It's just stupid. In hell and inferno level, the strategy is to draw the dangerous monsters off the beaten path and let them kill you, so when you respawn you can run past them. WHEEEEE!! What fun.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:08 pm

I have lost interest in D3. It's a great game though. I was away from my computer (camping) for a while and when I got back, that itch to play was absent. I just have the one wizard at level 44 I think he's in act 2 of nightmare. I found the 2nd boss on nightmare to be sufficiently challenging. I died a few times and then beat him. Still proud to have defeated Diablo (in normal) in one shot. That was a three-phase fight, if I recall... A play out of the WoW playbook (or maybe WoW bosses are a play in some game's playbook), making it that complex.

I found that one of my FB friends and bassist for local band called In The Silence (worth searching for on reverbnation) is an avid WoW player and guild master for an Alliance guild called Goetic Knights. I guess that's a King Solomon reference.. Anyway, he will give me a scroll of resurrection so my character (long time Horde) can get back on and transferred to his server. I know you hate the graphics of WoW (consider that the engine is like 7 years old though) and it's overly complicated (easily 10 different commonly-used actions) which is GOOD that you don't like it because it's a huge time sink hole vortex of pixel addiction...... Their next expansion is coming out pretty soon I guess and they're gonna have a Monk class. Well anyway, this rant is about done, but I will get to play a Worgen (werewolf) since I am switching to Alliance. It sickens me that I have to betray the Horde but oh well, it's just a game.
at1with0

Postby MIBby » Thu May 09, 2013 8:48 am

You guys be interested in co-op? I'm a level 60 (9) Monk at the moment, grinding my way through the chapters on Inferno over and over... could use some company on that.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby at1with0 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 am

I wonder if it's still on my computer... :think: :mrgreen:
at1with0

Postby MIBby » Thu May 09, 2013 9:03 am

Blizzard games never leave your computer ... they just go on vacation.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby at1with0 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 am

How do I reinstall it?
at1with0

Postby MIBby » Thu May 09, 2013 9:15 am

You can just get the client from the battle.us page, let it download and done.
MIBby

Postby at1with0 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:17 am

nvm I think I figured it out. Gonna take a while to get it on my slow ass internet.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts