The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Supreme Court backs Westboro Church in funeral verdict

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Tairaa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Judge not lest ye be judged.

I saw we get a group of people to picket his church every sunday denouncing their disgusting ignorance to the bible and pull the hell card and whatnot.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby bionic » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I think that is a great idea, Tai
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Pulling someone from delusion is one of the hardest things possible.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:01 am

Thought I would unearth this one from a few years ago. These people protested the funeral of a US soldier killed in action, as Gods rath against Gays, and the soldier wasn't even gay.

With all the protesters now demanding the Boston Bomber not be allowed to be buried in the USA, most cemeteries are refusing to allow him.

Where are the Westborrow Baptists being completely silent and not protesting this person, for his perverted acts and radical Muslim views, but they can see fit to protest a soldier who died for this country.

Hard to believe our US Supreme Court ruled in their favor to protest.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sat May 04, 2013 1:04 am

greeney2 wrote:Thought I would unearth this one from a few years ago. These people protested the funeral of a US soldier killed in action, as Gods rath against Gays, and the soldier wasn't even gay.

With all the protesters now demanding the Boston Bomber not be allowed to be buried in the USA, most cemeteries are refusing to allow him.

Where are the Westborrow Baptists being completely silent and not protesting this person, for his perverted acts and radical Muslim views, but they can see fit to protest a soldier who died for this country.

Hard to believe our US Supreme Court ruled in their favor to protest.

Yes it is hard to believe, because in this day and age, the US Supreme Court tends to reject the original meaning of the Constitution and conjure up their own Liberal interpretation. They judged correctly in this case, as despicable as the Westboro congregation behaved. We have to understand, the Supreme Court Judges are held to a different standard because the judgments they render are used as a basis to render future judgments. Had they ruled against the Westboro Baptist Church's right to protest peacefully, then they would have opened the floodgates for future cases and our freedoms (right to assemble, right to free speech) as a result, would be diminished nearly to the point of being taken away altogether.

I don't think the Justices took personal pleasure in their ruling, but they ruled correctly. Strictly moral decisions are not made by the Court, and thank God for that.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:58 am

frrostedman wrote:Strictly moral decisions are not made by the Court, and thank God for that.

The gay people who want to get married will, I hope, benefit from this principle.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:33 am

frrostedman wrote: Strictly moral decisions are not made by the Court, and thank God for that.

Strictly Moral is what makes us not agree with many Supreme Court rulings, so not so sure you are thanking God for that, many times. Other issues become a question of what is strictly moral and not, and who defines that.

Do we really need to defend out freedom of speech and expression by allowing a morally repulsive act to be done, namely disrespecting a families privacy while burying their dead? That freedom causes anguish, pain and suffering for others, at a private time of grief, can not be called morally right.

My point was not the Supreme Court ruling in reposting this, it was a question of why the Westborro people saw fit to protest a US hero, but not this scumbag.
greeney2

Postby qmark » Mon May 06, 2013 7:41 pm

greeney2 wrote:
My point was not the Supreme Court ruling in reposting this, it was a question of why the Westborro people saw fit to protest a US hero, but not this scumbag.

The answer is fairly simple in my opinion, or at least I think it should be considered. The reason they are not protesting this murderer, which was fueled by hatred, is because they are busy going about their father's business. Judging by their fruits, one could make a fairly decent assumption on who their father is, and his business has much in common with Islam. Both are wolves, the difference is Westboro tries to wear the sheep's clothing.
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:25 am

Apparently they're going to picket Jeff Hanneman's funeral...Slayer fans will not be pleased.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:16 pm

I did not want to derail the General thread about Robin Williams, so decided to elaborate in this thread about it. The news had a report that the Westborrow people may picket Robin's funeral, and have publicly smeared his name already stating how he mocks God in his comedy, and has already gone to Hell, among other things said.

I hope our US Supreme Court is again proud of their ruling towards these people, protecting their rights to do so, and evidently writing these kinds of things while a family is is complete devastation and mourning the loss of a Father and Husband. If this is the wisdom of our highest courts, not being able to separate right from wrong, common decency and temper that into our laws, we are in sad shape. Why this even got to any court is beyond me, if you define what would be a frivolous lawsuit.

Every culture in the world, including those of radical Muslims have a certain respect for their own dead, have funerals, and ceremonies for being laid to rest. A certain reverence for the departed, is maintained in a human manner, is virtually universal in every continent. The rights of the dead should prevail in that their final dedication to their final resting place, should be first and foremost, along with the privacy of loved ones doing it, in a unhampered way. The idea of the Westborrow Church again being allowed to interfere with what is a spiritual right passing from this life, is beyond me. It is repulsive to every culture and religion on earth.

As far as these people are concerned, they target, those who would not react with violence, and know they are defenseless disrupting them. They would not dare protest the funeral of a known gang member leader, where they would know, they could face a major drive by shooting. It would not be the first time at a gang funeral drive by shooting occur. They would never had protested the likes of a Jimmy Hoffa with a vile message like this, knowing a thousand teamsters were right across the street with clubs in their trunks. Nor would they converge into Middle East and wave signs are the terrorists occupying Muslims convert to Christianity, and give Bibles out . No, they only pick safe targets, like a brat hiding behind his mothers skirt, making faces.

Lets all hope they do not do what they threaten. I was under the impression, since it was a family kind of clan, that when the old man died, the son was vowing to change their image. I guess not. The old man certainly was a hateful and twisted individual.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts