The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Let's Stop Unfairly Profiling Muslim Men!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby bionic » Fri May 03, 2013 6:44 pm

extremists are extreme..aholes are aholes..put the two together and..ack.
Most of the world, regardless of race, religion, sex, culture, creed is not an extreme ahole, and most of the world should not be judged and seen as such.
Most of the world is just people..living their lives..doing their thing. Not trying to hurt anybody.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Fri May 03, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm Fbing that! :P
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Sat May 04, 2013 12:39 am

at1with0 wrote:Wow, a rationalization for having slaves...If the masters are not jerks then it's not so bad...Didn't expect that but it's probably not that different from a Islamic-fundie to have a well-developed rationalization for enacting commandments in that book.

The passage in question clearly allows slaves. Would you rather be a slave, even a well-treated one, than dead? I'm not equating the two, I am comparing the two.

It basically says you can take slaves that aren't from your political construct. Koran says you should kill infidels.

Both books have black eyes.

Is it that you refuse to understand? Slavery was common, accepted practice in society back then. The bible merely takes what was already in full, normal practice across the world, and told the Israelites how to behave in that environment.

For you to suggest that I am rationalizing modern-day slavery is utterly preposterous. All I did was try to illustrate that the word "slave" today is surrounded by a whole bunch of negative connotations that back then, simply didn't exist. Back then it was completely common to conquer a land and take the conquered people and make them your farm hands, butlers, gardeners, launderers, animal caregivers, and all that other stuff that back then is what slaves did. Today the people that do the same things are called something other than slaves, and the only difference is, slaves were owned, meaning they couldn't just quit. That's a big difference, I grant that, but keep in mind they were the enemy before they were enslaved and just about the only other alternative in that day to ensure the safety of the conquering citizens, would have been to KILL the enemy citizens. Now, you have argued they were better off being killed than enslaved. I think you are on the fringe with that opinion.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:16 am

So you're saying that what the Bible says is sometimes only relevant to the times in which it was written? How are we to know which laws are relevant only in the time in which they were written? Which of the ten commandments are relevant only in the time in which they were written and which are still relevant today? If we are going to throw out some laws because we deem them no longer relevant and keep some others that we deem to be still relevant, is that not what the non-extremist Muslim does with the "kill infidels" bit in the Koran? Thank God the slavery laws are no longer considered relevant by many Christians! Thank Allah that most Muslims are likewise not following what it says in the Koran, or else we'd have 1.6 billion "terrorists" in our world!
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:59 pm

I think there are many examples of legal situations that are borderline slavery, in all religions even today. The idea of indentured servants was something done in colonial days, but the same issue has come up with many politicians running for office that had Mexican servants living full time with them. It was not uncommon for them to have a husband and wife, one doing house hold maid chores, the other doing things like grounds keeping, they were given food and roof over their heads, and very minimal money. On the cleary illegal side have been things like abductions holding girls in prostitution rings against their will.

Don't know what else you can call arranged marriages but a form of slavery, which is common in many cultures, middle east, and I am sure many religions and cultures right in the USA. Slavery in itself may be not legal, but there are situations where the end result is pretty close to absolute slavery.
greeney2

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts