The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

1,000,000 post thread

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby at1with0 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Sounds like a massive bummer.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:27 pm

'Ello ladies and gents. Long time since Ive been here. I've been reading a lot of philosophy and philosophers as of late. I inadvertently got a conversation sparked with a coworker when he saw me reading Nietzsche's The Gay Science on my lunch hour. Since then I've been reading a lot of his suggestions. I wanted to put together a thread, probably this weekend when I have the time, about this venture I'm taking. So I wanted to ask where you think the most appropriate place to post the thread would be.

This same coworker also introduced me to one if the greatest writer ever. A writer I had not known before. The great novels if Charles Bukowski.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby at1with0 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), Off Topic might be the best place.
at1with0

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:18 am

Well i do like the group that hangs out here. Y'all got sharp and open minds. I'll look forward to the discussion. Especially you. You think on a level I'm reading about now. I think my time was lost to religion as an upbrinihg. As of now PD Ospensky is blowing my concepts away as I read In Search Of The Miraculous.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
adamwarlock2099

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

I have not read much philosophy. Just what was required for a survey course and wikipedia.

So when you present their ideas, please try to explain it short and sweet. I heard an adage once say that if you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it. And I have every faith and confidence that you do.

Maybe link in here to your new thread so I can find it easily...
at1with0

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 am

I think the long explanations are what get me when it comes to Ospensky, Sarte, Kant, and others I've read. But Nietzsche I get because either his thoughts conciede with mine and his ideas are simple and straight forward. Or both. Plus he presents many of his writing in separate numbered thoughts that are random. So you can stop and think on one before moving on to another. So it makes for easy, so to speak, reading. You could read one thought a day or read for hours.

Like here's one that just came to mind ...

"The Christian resolve to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad."

Reading his writings he was not a surporter of Christianity. But most of his points were supported by actions and events taken within the religion. This is one of those stand alone thoughts where you can think on what he was saying and how you take it yourself.
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 pm

at1with0 wrote:Sounds like a massive bummer.

..and then they died...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPz-4pnj0cI
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Hey Adam!!
I look forward to your thread. Haven't been here much, of late. So busy and stressed and then there's that fing facebook sucking up my life. All it mostly is for me is "like" and "share"..crap.
Wanting to ahng out here more.

I am way into philosphy and theosophy and questional the 'norm' ..what is considered the norm these days,or any days..for that matter anyway..all that stuff 8-)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:29 am

Hello Miss Bionic. How are you and Mr Bionic Man doing? I'm probably just going to leave it here in million post thread since it can go off into all kinds of crazy directions, philosophy that is. My interest started really out of fear of nothing to believe in which is where I am now. With nothing to believe in I'm developing an unhealthy fear of my own mortality. I hope to find something I can grasp. Something that I don't have to convince myself of, it's something I truely believe. Either that or accept that nothing is what I believe and that death is the final stage of existence.

Right now though I have to get the kids ready and get my wife up and we are all going to go to the zoo today! Yay!

Hope y'all have a good day.
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Hey you..
I sorta relate...I waffle about what I believe..which leads to angst..and all that
Me and H are the usual..take that however you wish :P
The best to you and the family..have fun at the zoo..enjoy the animal ambassidors
:thumbup:
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts