The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Stores Bannning Pressure Cookers

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby capricorn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:42 am

These assault pressure cookers have no place in society. We should at least ban high capacity pressure cookers. Any that hold more than 10 quarts should be banned. We should also fund a program using billions of taxpayers dollars to perform background checks on every sale and register each one. Can you imagine a nation of people with knowledge on how to pressure cook beef short ribs? Scary...

cnsnews.com wrote:A local news outlet is reporting that the home-goods retailer, Williams-Sonoma has pulled pressure cookers from their shelves in the aftermath of the Boston attack.

According to the Dedham Patch, Williams-Sonoma has pulled pressure cookers off the shelves out of respect for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing.

Kent, a store manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall says:

"It's a temporary thing out of respect."

Authorities have confirmed that pressure cookers were used by the two men who planned and carried out the bombing at the Boston Marathon last Monday.

Williams-Sonoma says that the product will still be available online.

Read more: http://m.cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn- ... ut-respect
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby greeney2 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:57 pm

This is so ignorant it is beyond common sense. It is like banning knives which are proven more of a threat than assault weapons.

Just for fun I seached online, 3 places for their online stores. Sears, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Target. All 3 of them listed as many as 3 pages of pressure cookers, and as many as 102 different makes and model to choose from.

Banning them would just be stupid, and you probably can find them in garage sales for a few dollars, as they are used less and less in this country, over things like crock pots. My grandmother cooked regularly using a pressure cooker, and use to can all kinds of fruits. She told me that using a pressure cooker was nessesary when cooking and canning meats. She would can many of the game my grandfather would hunt.
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Knee-jerk reactions, everywhere. Pathetic.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Dragoness » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:02 pm

When did we become so afraid of everything? Sometimes you just want to tell people to grow up and get a pair.
Dragoness

Postby frrostedman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Oh I see. So this is like the stupid bullet magazine laws. Pressure cookers over a certain capacity are being banned? Oh please.

We could all see this coming a mile away. Next is going to be forced background checks on purchases of anything combustible. What's after that. Let me guess... background checks for the purchase of anything that can be used as shrapnel.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts