The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Welcome back

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 am

We had a little dry spell on the board posting for a while and I see many names started posting again. The News in Boston, was one event that sparked some posting, plus some input in the Religion forum, plus a few other places.

Glad to see us getting active posting, I am sure the Boston issue is going to generate a lot of conversation. As that unfolds, I am sure so will the controversy. Already a great controversy over how he is being charged. Another with several members of his family, immigration questions, many things going to come from this.

WE really all missed a huge tragedy in Texas, overshadowed by Boston.

Glad to see so many names coming back, we need new threads and a few older ones need some updating. We forget a few like Assange still just sitting in an Embassy, the Ft. Hood trial, Benghazi died on the vine. New registered members jump in and post, all opinions are welcome. :D
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome, sir!

I guess that makes you....

MR. WOODMAN
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:32 am

It seems Black Vault has been pretty quiet for a while. I come in occasionally but, don't see a lot going on. I would spend more time here if there were more good discussions going on.
Halfabo

Postby blackvault » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 am

We need conversation starters, too! :) So feel free to post way and start new threads. I think the past 2 days have proven people come here, but they don't want to START the conversation. Once they get started - then you see the participation :)

Over the past quite a few years, I've seen this a lot. Although Facebook and the like have all but killed message forums like this, traffic does fluctuate, and goes up and down. Hope this is the start of another UP time! :)

:)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby bionic » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 pm

The BV, always in our hearts, even when we aren't here
:wave:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:15 am

I was thinking why so many have bailed to go to places like facebooks etc. Message boards like this you can go back to threads and update and continue, or exchange opinions, which 99% of the time ends up bitter confrontation when threads progress. There is a lot of frustration to this, and people do get frustrated and give up, or more than anything get out debated, and loose. They reach dead ends defending a position, and it never ends, when opposition know how to never give in, or change a subject, spin it to another question. We have all been there.

With facebooks, people can make a comment, flame something, and it just scrolls into oblivion within a day. It ends, and alone with it ends a long drawn out fight to the death over one issue. Especially when a position may be weak, its less frustrating to "hit and run" on heavy issues, and not draw it out into long battles. It also seems to have morphed into a mentality of "My dog pooped on my aunts shoes" or "Jack n the Box screwed up my tacos and gave me the wrong thing". Followed by 57, "yeah they &*#$$ed mine up to 4 years ago", or "Don't you just hate that"?

Bottom line is our format is not the brainless and seemingly useless, social media that disappears, John archives all of this, and you can return to it, continue, add to, or update. Seems like this has an intellectual value far and above (Not that I show it most of the time :lol: )
greeney2

Postby bionic » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am

so right..Fb is a bit like like fast food..quick and easy..but kinda frivolous
also I like here because I feel I can be more honest here
FB is under my name (they won't let me change it for some reason)
As yiu know..as ourselves..we are NOT truly ourselves.
People , pretty much know who I am here...but..it's different
I feel freer to be me on messgae boards with a pseudo anme..for the goood and or bad of it

And you are correct..places like here...the discussions..generally make you have to think..defend your stnce..which is not so popular amongst the masses these days, it seems

On FB, I swear (and this is an admition to a really unhealthy habit, I think) I can spend an hour or two there, simply clicking, "like" and, "share"..not even talking my own thoughts..or posting my own pics..just simply passing other people's stuff on
like passing the baton

so strange..it must tap into some human brain thing someone should (and probably is) doing a study
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 pm

As I've gotten older, I've become less and less outgoing. I've gotten to the point now where I am very uncomfortable going out with more than 2 or 3 people. I don't like being in a crowd and being subject to what the group wants to do (or else be a party pooper). I like being in complete control of my time and how I spend it. The only exception I'm willing to make on a regular basis is for my wife.

I say that because I get that same uncomfortable feeling when I get on facebook. Because all of my several hundred friends and associates there know the instant I log on. Next thing you know I'm getting pinged by someone I don't really feel like talking to, and drawn into a long conversation. I'm much more in control here.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby chiselray » Fri May 03, 2013 1:05 am

when is Rath coming back ???

i would excuse you for thinking a one eyed Australian is conjuring you up for a bait..but the question is as it is...

is he back ,because i havnt been here for like ages :geek:
chiselray

Postby blackvault » Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 am

chiselray wrote:when is Rath coming back ???

i would excuse you for thinking a one eyed Australian is conjuring you up for a bait..but the question is as it is...

is he back ,because i havnt been here for like ages :geek:

Unfortunately, rath got himself banned after multiple warnings. I don't have many rules here, but he couldn't stop breaking them, or pushing me, and for the sake of other members here, had to initiate the ban.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts